Evan's Official Transcription thread

• Thread starter Evan89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
The first book announcement of 2024 is a big one! Colors was the album that got me obsessed with BTBAM, and it's an honor to have done a brand new transcription of it for this book. I transcribed from the isolated guitar tracks, and then edited with Paul Waggoner once again, making it more accurate than the old tab book. All purchases of the printed book automatically enter to you win an Ibanez PWM20!
View attachment 138483
I suppose you have ties with the guys in the band...
It would be nice to see a reprint of the record, as it's impossible to find it in EU

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Evan89

Reaction score
Is anyone else having an issue logging on to the Sheet happens site today?
They just revamped the website, so maybe they're still ironing some things out. Don't hesitate to email them: https://www.sheethappenspublishing.com/pages/contact-us

I'd love you transcripted some HANNES GROSSMANN albums!

That would be awesome, Evan. Nobody got interested in him at SH?
I haven't kept up with his solo albums, but I just checked his bandcamp, and there's a tab book available for his newest album. The Apophenia USB drive with tabs is sold out.

I suppose you have ties with the guys in the band...
It would be nice to see a reprint of the record, as it's impossible to find it in EU
Not something I have any control over, but I can mention it to Paul.

Do you have an ongoing list of completed tabs? Any Megadeth is most welcome.
List of officially released tab books: https://www.evanbradleytranscriptions.com/tabbooks

My unofficial tabs (Dream Theater, etc.) are uploaded to my YouTube channel: youtube.com/@EvanBradleyTranscriptions

No Megadeth yet, but never say never!

Last edited:

chopeth

Reaction score
I haven't kept up with his solo albums, but I just checked his bandcamp, and there's a tab book available for his newest album. The Apophenia USB drive with tabs is sold out.
Yeah, the tab book available is from his latest EP, nice one, but that apophenia USB drive was a mess. At least I got one with a lot of files corrupted, not even opening, and the few that worked were mostly his own compositions on gp, not really adapted to a real guitar playing context. Still, there are three or four fenomenal albums you could work in (just a suggestion, obviously). Plus, I told the man himself and he thought it might be a good idea, or that is what he replied to me at least. I think most fans of Necrophagist, Obscura, and tech death in general would be very happy with Hannes material on SH.

Cheers and huge thanks for your awesome books, mate!

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
FYI I couldn't login to Sheet Happens to buy the Zenith Passage tab book and the password reset didn't work either. I email their support and they said they had just moved everything to a new server so it was being fussy/slow. I was able to order, but had to put all my info in again. Got the digital download while I wait for the physical book.

Evan89

Reaction score
First tab video of the year is here! I'm going to try to do these more consistently.

The Midnight are one of my favorite bands of the last decade or so, though you'd never know it based on the types of music I typically transcribe. Check out this tasty solo on Seventeen, from their 2020 album, Monsters.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
👀
Haken!! Yes!! Any chance of Virus getting released too? I know Charlie and Rich were working on it a couple years ago but didn’t seem like they ever finished it.

Evan89

Reaction score
New book day! I had the pleasure of transcribing the latest Alex Jung EP, Inside Passage, which is an excellent slab of fusion. Masterful playing combined with melodies that will stick with you. The EP also features Sebastian Lanser (Obscura, Panzerballett) on drums.
Alex Jung Inside Passage.jpg

Evan89

Reaction score
New book day! This project was hard to keep secret, and a challenging transcription that I'm proud to have undertaken. Huge thanks to Rich and Charlie of Haken for their help with editing.
Haken.jpg

Evan89

Reaction score
Two new books today!

The new Witherfall album, Sounds of the Forgotten, is out today, and so is the tab book! Another great album of dark melodic prog metal.
Witherfall - SOTF.jpg

Also out today is the Heathen guitar anthology, featuring 10 songs from the band's discography. I should also mention that all books on Sublevel Records now have the option of Guitar Pro files.
Heathen.jpg

Evan89

Reaction score
New book day! Charcoal Grace from Caligula's Horse is right up there with some of the most challenging stuff I've ever transcribed, and at a whopping 252 pages, there are enough riffs and layers to keep any guitarist busy for years to come. Lots of extra goodies available as well.
6.png

Jynx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
New book day! Charcoal Grace from Caligula's Horse is right up there with some of the most challenging stuff I've ever transcribed, and at a whopping 252 pages, there are enough riffs and layers to keep any guitarist busy for years to come. Lots of extra goodies available as well.
View attachment 144736

Nice! I'm working on Rise Radiant which I got from you and yeah, you need your Weetabix for these tunes. The main riff on track one, The Tesmpest, is really tricky.

Thankfully, at least, there are presets from Cligula's Horse on the Quad Cortex to make it a little easier.