First guitar build (Steinberger content)

• Thread starter sytraxiplague
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
I almost forgot! Survey time. Should my Moses neck have dots or no dots? I'm kinda torn. I wanted side-dots only, but since the painting has some dots, it could be cool to just leave them.. Not sure what I want. That's where you guys come in.

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
I've decided no inlays.

Also, I think I have a winner when it comes to clearing the guitar! Took it to a local body shop and they did a great job on the tester i made. Also.. I got a little package in the mail today... Only 2 though, the third is on the way..

Also a bit more painting has been done. The left side is starting to get attention now. It should be done pretty soon!
Sorry about the light, it's sundown, so it looks a little dark/weird.

7218197560_6d1d65cb8d_b.jpg

Detail winning:
7218197928_6fde59a48d_b.jpg

What do you guys think I should do about pickup mounting? Clear or something? I plan on putting a clear plate over the back cavity as well, so I think that could possibly be a good accent. Not quite sure though. I didn't want to use one at all at first, but the spacing is so wide that I'm basically going to have to.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
This will be the most beautiful GM out there! Amazing!

You can take a look at my Moses neck without dots here: New Moses Neck!

Tell your uncle he is amazing!

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
Only another week or two with the progress he's had the past couple days and it's going to be done.. Super psyched except Moses messed up my neck, and it's taken them like a month to fix the issue haha.. Anywho.....

7494820400_da1bfeeea7_k.jpg

7494818836_1518c24684_b.jpg

7494822228_896f8501f2_b.jpg

(This part below isn't done yet, but I love the detail.. It's great.)

7494823542_b4cd11c7c0_b.jpg

(This part is sweet as well.. Very Transformers The Movie)
7494847768_57c2b21c32_b.jpg

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm I personally would've liked to see him leave most of the reds and dark colours on there but my god does that look amazing nonetheless. Your uncle is a very talented guy.

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
Hmmm I personally would've liked to see him leave most of the reds and dark colours on there but my god does that look amazing nonetheless. Your uncle is a very talented guy.
I'm sure they'll be there haha. Like I said, still not done. He's always very concerned when it comes to balance, so I think he'll definitely put some of the darker tones in later on. Especially considering those flames at the bottom will still be orange/red. He just puts that white/purple base layer as a pre-layer because the colors do well over top of it it and it's really easy to get good detail with that shade.

Jet9

Petrucci Wannabe
Reaction score
That's disgusting in the most beautiful way. I love it. Way to go, man.