First guitar build (Steinberger content)

• Thread starter sytraxiplague
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
I think it looks great with no binding.

I agree. It's going to be difficult to paint on the odd shaped surfaces in the horns and bridge end though, so the solution would be a binding. I agree it looks good without, but maybe it would look good with one too. Thanks for the input :agreed:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmmm for the white binding maybe get white vinyl tape just to see it as a mockup? They might sell red tape too, check out some craft stores in your area maybe.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
at first I was all "What is this? ... I don't even"

But now I'm thinking something more along the lines of "FFFFUUUUCK!"

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
I'd keep it sans binding. I think it'd be a little to busy visually if you added any binding to it in conjunction with the paint job

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
I'd keep it sans binding. I think it'd be a little to busy visually if you added any binding to it in conjunction with the paint job

I did a (very crappy) mockup of a white binding. It looked good, but I think I agree. I think we may just take the original dark blue color and paint the sides solid,so it keeps the painting on top as the center of focus, but also keeps it from having to wrap around. I think that's the best option so fair. I agree with you.

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
Sorry everyone.. It's been quite a wait. My uncle has been really lazy. I've been trying to push him to work on it. It's so close to being finished, I asked him if he could paint over Thanksgiving break. Hopefully he paints for 2 or 3 days in a row and it'll be 100% complete. That's what I'm hoping for, but we'll see!

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Wow, this is coming out great! Can't fucking wait to see the result!
Your uncle still busy? :(

Tell him he has a whole forum waiting on its progress... :p

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
Whoa, that's some trippy shit right there (in a good way!)

Can't wait to see this creature come alive.

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
Sooo.... I've been bugging my uncle lately, and...

7099317935_c045a82196_b.jpg

6953249142_a95f26e166_b.jpg

7099320019_8e99c6862d_b.jpg

7099321093_f35e610f9f_b.jpg

6953252378_deaf592319_b.jpg

There's still some work to be done, but it's coming along nicely now. The left side isn't really that much darker than the left, I just took the pic beside a window and it lit up the right side a bit. It's more well balanced than it appears in the full pic. Hope you guys enjoy!