Game of Thrones

berzerkergang

Banned
Reaction score
What a solid new episode. Just great all around, also, the new viking chick that John Snow is hanging out with is super.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
^

Sam did send those Ravens dammit! At least he sent the ravens! Isn't that going to make it difficult to explain why Stannis decides to show up and save Castle Black? I know he can send more once back at the wall, but I just don't get why they are continuing to make him so useless. If they don't at least let him use some Dragonglass, I'm gonna be pissed. We need Sam the Slayer!

EDIT: Oh yeah, he sent the ravens without messages. Well, point still stands. At least he sent the ravens!

*somewhat book spoiler I guess but not really* I guess for the sake of on the screen it was easier to do that than have to show the whole failed message sending scene. *book spoiler*
I think what they might do is at some point, either at Craster's or beforehand, have Sam elaborate and say something along the lines of "I *did* send the ravens, I just forgot to attach messages." Also it could be explained that the ravens sent out to the kings would be sent regardless of blank messages returning from beyond the wall. I'm sure with most of the garrison gone, they'd be asking for help regardless.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Book 3 would HAVE to be two seasons. Hell, they could stretch it out and make it 3. SOO much happens in the third book.

Also, the stuff they did with Daenerys and the dragons (the whole warlock bit) in the second season was ridiculously lame compared to how it was in the books.

Just watched this:
Game of Thrones - Emmy Panel 2013 - YouTube

Which about an hour in confirms Book 3 being spread across two seasons, sort of.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
Guys all I ask is that you folks who have read the books....please be careful with the spoilers....please.:yesway:

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Guys all I ask is that you folks who have read the books....please be careful with the spoilers....please.:yesway:

Solution: Read them.

Honestly, it won't take ALL that long and you won't have to wait a week in between each snippet.

Mexi

Reaction score
new episode tonight!! looking forward to seeing what goes on with Jaime and Arya

pink freud

Reaction score
I'm actually checking out the AWOIAF wiki for history and what the books have happen up to (roughly) the TV series events. Some things I don't quite get why they did different, like name changes or having other characters giving lines.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Well, maybe it's just me being mad that everyone's jumped on the bandwagon because they made a TV show out of it. Heck, look at his date spread for the books; 1996 to 2011 for the first 5 :lol:

It sucks to have to really think about what you need to censor when talking about the, especially given the changes made between the two mediums.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
It sucks to have to really think about what you need to censor when talking about the, especially given the changes made between the two mediums.

Do it anyway. I've read the books and that doesn't stop me from putting anything that hasn't at least happened in the show in spoiler tags.

Episode 2 was another great one. Again, more talky, but damn were there some deep conversations. The most interesting one was Catlyn's confession that she tried to love Jon Snow but simply couldn't out of jealousy, and now she believed that all the evil that had befallen the family was punishment from the gods for breaking her promise. In the books, you always got an inkling that she felt guilty, but it was never laid out like that. I liked it, it was a powerful scene.

Also interesting that they've opted to keep Theon in the series, when in the books he disappears completely at the end of A Clash of Kings and doesn't come back until A Dance With Dragons. It seems they've decided to show the slow transformation from what he is now to what he becomes then.

Oh yeah, and it turns out everyone in King's Landing wants to bone Sansa. Bow-chicka-wow-wow. ;) :lol:

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
Some things I don't quite get why they did different, like name changes or having other characters giving lines.

Seriously...some changes, especcially in S02, are completely stupid. I watched it right after it aired, ahted it actually, and thought "well, I need to rewatch it later, with a fresh head" - did that just before S03 started...and hated it even more. So much, I currently don't plan to even watch S03.

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the books that I took a few months ago:

6e20d5cc762e11e2815722000aaa049c_7.jpg

See the 3rd and 4th novels? That's A Storm of Swords. Of course it was going to be split into 2 seasons. Turning that much text into 10 hours of TV would be a storytelling disaster :lol: Heck, Clash of Kings should have been in 2 parts as well.

Enjoyed S3 so far. Haven't caught up with the books, but I can tell that it's not being quite as rushed in terms of story as S2 was.
TV "spoiler":
Doesn't Joffrey seem like a COD kid to you as well? An A-grade asshole with a thing for big weapons :lol:

Also, Margery Tyrell. 10/10. Would bang.
images

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn, I just had a thought.

That guy who was sweeping while Theon was being tortured, who then proclaimed that he was sent by Yara? I bet that IS Ramsay Snow, playing a twisted game.

Also, Margery Tyrell. 10/10. Would bang.
images

I love how she got Joffrey's motor running by inducing a hatekill boner. :rofl:

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Also interesting that they've opted to keep Theon in the series, when in the books he disappears completely at the end of A Clash of Kings and doesn't come back until A Dance With Dragons. It seems they've decided to show the slow transformation from what he is now to what he becomes then.

Uh, wasn't he interspersed in the other books as a "different" character after being twisted by the torture? I thought I remembered reading him in the others until he "becomes himself" again in 5...

That guy who was sweeping while Theon was being tortured, who then proclaimed that he was sent by Yara? I bet that IS Ramsay Snow, playing a twisted game.

Wouldn't be surprised, unless they're playing at a huge deviation from the books with the dynamic that changed his character...

I love how she got Joffrey's motor running by inducing a hatekill boner. :rofl:

She wasn't trying to get his motor running, she was trying to see what kind of man he was; this, as was evidenced by how much time they spent introducing her charitable proclivities and the dynamic with her grandmother. It wasn't a sexual plot item in the slightest IMHO. Turns out he's even more of a perverted fuck in the show than the book.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Uh, wasn't he interspersed in the other books as a "different" character after being twisted by the torture? I thought I remembered reading him in the others until he "becomes himself" again in 5...

Nope. In A Clash of Kings, there is a Reek character (the pseudonym later attributed to Theon), but it's actually Ramsay Snow in disguise. Other than that, there's literally nothing between books 2 and 5.

She wasn't trying to get his motor running, she was trying to see what kind of man he was; this, as was evidenced by how much time they spent introducing her charitable proclivities and the dynamic with her grandmother. It wasn't a sexual plot item in the slightest IMHO. Turns out he's even more of a perverted fuck in the show than the book.

She already knew what kind of person he was. If she wasn't 100% aware of it before Sansa explained it to her, she was after. She was basically ingratiating herself to him so that she could get into a better position to manipulate him. Giving him a hate-boner (and also stroking his ego in general) was simply the easiest way of doing it. "Damn, this girl shares my love of killing shit, that's hot!"

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
The latest episode was brilliant! I don't think I had a single complaint apart from having to rush some character introductions but thats inevitable unless they up it to 12 episodes.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I think I'll do what I did with the first two seasons and wait for all of season three's episodes to be out so I can watch them all in one Game of Thrones-o-Rama of a weekend.

Gotta admit I'm not really in a huge hurry at this point, though, since I've read all of the books now. If anything I'm curious about how they're going to mix things up and to see if the actors they choose to play new characters are good choices, but otherwise it's not like there will be any surprises waiting for me.

I did what some others have done and went out and got the books immediately after finishing season 2, because there was no fucking way I was going to wait until a new season came out to see what happens when I could just zooooop all the books right to my iPad. I read through them starting from the beginning and had ample time to make it through everything well before season three started airing, and I recommend anyone with spare time for reading do the same.

Shit, though, if you fans of the show think the wait between seasons sucks, imagine how the wait between books must feel :lol:.