George Martin - A Song Of Ice And Fire

MrGignac

Sonderkommando
Reaction score
I have read "Game of Thrones" and "Clash of Kings", and I really liked them!

I just watched the first episode and thought it was a good adaption! Excited to see how the other episodes turn out! Anyone else seen it?

i thought it was well done, evidentally its the most expensive TV show ever made. tyrion in the bed full of whores was funny. most of the show dialouge was straight out of the book.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

klami

Reaction score
I thought it was well made as well. I like how close it is to the book (or what I remember from it anyway..), hopefully the show will stay that way!
Also, I heard HBO has given green light for season two :agreed:

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, I finally started reading A Game Of Thrones.

And I must say, so far I quite enjoy it. While there doesn't seem to be much in the way of clever turns of phrase or use of language, the pacing is incredibly well done. I only have one complaint...

What the hell is with the fascination that authors seem to have with deviant forms of sex? I know it adds "intrigue," but come on, does everyone have to be fucking a distant relative that turns out to be themselves? Seriously, in the first hundred pages, there's two scenes involving incest and one involving pedophilia. I swear, they're as bad as the Japanese.

Psychobuddy

edxgxsrfrz
Reaction score
Yupp watching the show, and reading the books. Really enjoying the show so far, they are staying extremely close to the actual story which is really nice. Plus it's already been picked up for a second season.

Daiephir

likes peanut butter
Reaction score
Yupp watching the show, and reading the books. Really enjoying the show so far, they are staying extremely close to the actual story which is really nice. Plus it's already been picked up for a second season.

So true, and Ice looks wicked awesome, also, we were talking about it before the show started (my dad and I) and we were all like, ''wanna bet that valyrian steel is actually badass damascus'' :lol:

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
What the hell is with the fascination that authors seem to have with deviant forms of sex? I know it adds "intrigue," but come on, does everyone have to be fucking a distant relative that turns out to be themselves? Seriously, in the first hundred pages, there's two scenes involving incest and one involving pedophilia. I swear, they're as bad as the Japanese.

The sex is pretty prevalent throughout his works, I think he likes the shock value. Still not as bad as say, Chuck Palahnuik.

Also, Martin has a Dance With Dragons clock sitting on his site, counting down. That thing is going to drive me insane.

Psychobuddy

edxgxsrfrz
Reaction score
So true, and Ice looks wicked awesome, also, we were talking about it before the show started (my dad and I) and we were all like, ''wanna bet that valyrian steel is actually badass damascus'' :lol:

Yeah Ice was really cool...I don't like the look of the dragons eggs though, the scales are to big. Oh but I do really like Syrio...

Massive nerd.:squint:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
yeah I had pictured the eggs looking more like they were made out of crazy look marble.. the ones in the show look kinda cheap to me and don't have enough colors on them. Ice is ridiculously huge, that thing has gotta be 5" across haahah

Psychobuddy

edxgxsrfrz
Reaction score
^ I had the same thought, in the book it said very tiny scales so I imagined them all sort of blending together to create a cool effect...but alas to each his own I guess.

MrGignac

Sonderkommando
Reaction score
i dont care if its even a flashback but id love to see the battle of the trident, with young robert baratheon swinging his giant fucking warhammer. The mad kind burning everything. I cant complain though, def the best show on TV......ever. I was absolutely impressed with the child actors in the series as well. aria, joffrey, bran. well done.

Daiephir

likes peanut butter
Reaction score
i dont care if its even a flashback but id love to see the battle of the trident, with young robert baratheon swinging his giant fucking warhammer. The mad kind burning everything. I cant complain though, def the best show on TV......ever. I was absolutely impressed with the child actors in the series as well. aria, joffrey, bran. well done.

Pfft! The Trident is lame, I want to see Aegon's Conquest! :lol:

Zeff

Reaction score
I've read the first two books and I'm really enjoying the HBO series. I think they've been doing a good job with the important parts.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score

klami

Reaction score
Was I the only one who noticed the character with the last name Sevenstrings?

Haha, just read this and got introduced to him in the book shortly after!

I´m really happy with how the first season came out (though I havent seen the last episode), and hope they keep it up in the second season.