George Martin - A Song Of Ice And Fire

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Eeeeeeee! So huggable I just want to die!

Nymeria might be the cutest. I love when puppies have one ear "half-cocked." :wub:

tumblr_lnb70gpvDY1qlirbgo1_500.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
That is the beauty and hook of the books. Haha. I'm still hooked and waiting like a junkie for book 4.

:scratch:

There are already four books:
- A Game of Thrones (1996)
- A Clash of Kings (1998)
- A Storm of Swords (2000)
- A Feast for Crows (2005)

A Dance With Dragons is the fifth book.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Yup, but depending on editions the actual number varies.
-The english edition I have has cut a storrm of swords in two, but clearly states Vol1 and vol2.
-Some translated languages have cut the volumes in order to milk the customers, french AFAIK has been cut overall in...twelve pocket books ? So it makes sense some people are confused about numbers.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, but depending on editions the actual number varies.
-The english edition I have has cut a storrm of swords in two, but clearly states Vol1 and vol2.
-Some translated languages have cut the volumes in order to milk the customers, french AFAIK has been cut overall in...twelve pocket books ? So it makes sense some people are confused about numbers.

Hmm, didn't realize it.

I've been googling for reviews for the past couple weeks, and it appears the review embargo was finally lifted yesterday.

The overall consensus so far?

It's awesome. "A Storm Of Swords" awesome.

Oh GOD, am I ever looking forward to it. Gotta finish A Feast For Crows as fast as I possibly can!

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
Yeah, I've read the german version before the original - which is 8 books up to now (every english book is splitted into 2 germanbooks). And I've read also that this variies between coutnries - french seems to have the heaviest book-count haha..

Guys, I cant hardly wait anymore...I mean, I've waited already long enough, but daaaaaaamn is it killing me at the moment...

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
I recently finished season one of HBO's Game Of Thrones, and it was great. I totally loved it.

So i ordered all the 4 books there is, and im about to read them soon. I have very high expectations towards them. :)

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I recently finished season one of HBO's Game Of Thrones, and it was great. I totally loved it.

So i ordered all the 4 books there is, and im about to read them soon. I have very high expectations towards them. :)

Have no fear, they deliver. :yesway:

Daiephir

likes peanut butter
Reaction score
Yeah, I've read the german version before the original - which is 8 books up to now (every english book is splitted into 2 germanbooks). And I've read also that this variies between coutnries - french seems to have the heaviest book-count haha..

Guys, I cant hardly wait anymore...I mean, I've waited already long enough, but daaaaaaamn is it killing me at the moment...

Ya for some odd reason, french people don't seem to mind getting milked :lol: example: I've read the Wheel of Time (which has 13 books in english out) and the french version had 19/20 out prior to the 12th english volume XD

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
Started reading "A Game of Thrones" ..the first book, today. So far it's good, but i can't really say anything yet. I'll post my opinion later, when i've read it further.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
Just finished the last episode of season one.

Woooooooooooow!!!!!

Can't wait for season 2.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
Started reading "A Game of Thrones" ..the first book, today. So far it's good, but i can't really say anything yet. I'll post my opinion later, when i've read it further.

...And it's awesome. Once i start reading it, it's hard to put it back down. I started yesterday and im almost halfway through. :yesway:

Animus

Reaction score
A Dance With Dragons, the 5th book in the series, was finally released today!

Animus

Reaction score
I figure enough time has passed since this episode aired that I can post this. This dude is PISSED!! :lol:

Hilarious!

***** SPOILERS ******

"They fucking killed Ned!"

"Someone has to be held accountable."

lol

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Picked up my copy of ADWD today. :D

Haven't finished A Feast of Crows yet as I haven't had as much time to read as of late, but it's nice knowing that, once I am done, it will be there for me.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
Amazon shipped mine yesterday, should arrive today. tomorrow latest.

I still want to finish my reread before starting it, so I'm again "up to date"..its been 2 years since I've read it...I'm in the middle of Storm Of Swords at the moment, and have no fucking time...I think I need holidays.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
You said it bro.

What "it" is I have no idea and I suspect I never will.

Animus

Reaction score
I just finally got on the Kindle train and ordered one. So I will be reading the whole series on Kindle (halfway through GOT now on my iphone).