Guitar Companies Wish Made 7 Strings

Wrecklyss

Custom Speaker Cabinet Builder
Reaction score
So what are some guitars out there that should be making 7 strings? Personally, I'd like to see something from Parker and Tom Anderson.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Both Parker and Tom Anderson make 7-string guitars.

parker.jpg

tom-anderson-droptop-7-keylime-02.jpg

octatonic

I can count to 8.
Reaction score
I'd like to see Suhr ramp up production and for both Anderson and Suhr to offer a longer scale 7 string.

Steinberger as well, but IMHO they have many other things to fix to get back to approaching the quality of the pre-Gibson buyout Steinbergers.

Bouillestfu

Reaction score
Godin Guitars.

I own a Velocity and shitson! That thing is well made! My guitar teacher was endorsed by them and ended up with a pretty sweet LGX with Midi out, Piezo, Floyd and Chambered Body. The thing is a master piece. If they could just cater to the 7 string world I'd be content with buying nothing but Godin.

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
Steinberger.

They need to bring back the M series and stick another string on to it. It doesn't have to be the Trans-Trem as I read somewhere that the whole design has to be re-engineered to accommodate the extra string. Hell I'd take a fixed bridge GM 7 string.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Fernandes, if only so we could possibly see some 7-strings with Sustainers.

Might be cool to see a couple from Fender too!

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Jackson USA!!!!!

It'd be all I used bar a strandberg. Something with specs similar to Misha Mansoor's or Chris Letchford's in production would be life changing for me.

Bouillestfu

Reaction score
Jackson USA!!!!!

It'd be all I used bar a strandberg. Something with specs similar to Misha Mansoor's or Chris Letchford's in production would be life changing for me.

Jackson already has 7 string models....

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
They are but they're also CS badged I believe. I just want a production USA 7 that lines up with the rest of the USA range budget wise. I don't care what head it has, if it's trem or not, nothing, I absolutely love Jackson USA they just don't make something I can really use right now!