Head (Korn) using ESP now, getting LTD sig model

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

A-Branger

Reaction score
I hope it plays better than KOMRAD. That one was pretty horrible or I just ended up trying a total lemon.

I never understood why the basic bridge on it :scratch:

he even got a bad cut bleeding on his hand once due to the screw poking out of the saddles, he was showing it on a behind stage youtube video I saw ages ago

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rocky0

Reaction score
It should be around 4-6 weeks till it is released. Last time I asked from Thomann they said it should arrive in 10 weeks. And it is been a couple of weeks since I asked them :p

rocky0

Reaction score
Gotta try one out first. On the paper it seems sweet though :) My local dealer is getting one around June so that's my shot to try it!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I have a feeling that a big part of the change was him wanting to go with an Evertune. He'd already swapped out the pickups in his Ibanez guitars to Fishmans. Ibanez has always been belligerent about putting 3rd party bridges on their guitars.

Jari of Wintersun recently ditched Ibanez for Daemoness. Says the primary reason was because of the Evertune. Guess it is true Ibanez doesn't want anything to do with it.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Because they can't make a knock-off without infringing on patents, and they are not about to give up the margins on proprietary hardware without a gun to their head.

And I mean like suddenly every artist ever decided to use Evertunes all at once.

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
Jari of Wintersun recently ditched Ibanez for Daemoness. Says the primary reason was because of the Evertune. Guess it is true Ibanez doesn't want anything to do with it.

Jari said he's not gonna play guitar live anymore to focus more on doing vocals, so he probably dropped the endorsement for a different reason.

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
and everyone decided to use fishman pickups too

I blame Ken Susi, he's pretty much responsible for making everyone use the Fluence pickups and Evertune bridges, which makes sense since he actually works for Fishman and has both on his signature ESP LTD model. On another note, I just want a new Unearth album already.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
I never understood why the basic bridge on it :scratch:

he even got a bad cut bleeding on his hand once due to the screw poking out of the saddles, he was showing it on a behind stage youtube video I saw ages ago

The bridge that's on the Komrad is the bridge they used instead of the one that he cut his hand on.

A-Branger

Reaction score
The bridge that's on the Komrad is the bridge they used instead of the one that he cut his hand on.

aahh so they changed from basic bridge#1 to basic bridge#2 :lol:

maybe the secod version didnt have the screws going up too high. But still, Ibanez having heaps of bridges could have put something better for a sig artist, like the tight end one instead of the one they use for their entry level stuff (or similar looking)

maybe it was head the one who wanted that bridge, and Ibanez was like "uuhhg....mmmmkay:rolleyes:"

noob_pwn

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in and say this guitar is sick, and evertune is the best thing I ever did to my main guitars that stay in the same tuning. Tone difference is a thing (but a small thing). Realistically though the two most important things I look for in a guitar is how well it holds tune and how well it intonates. Everything is second to that, it doesn't matter what your tone is like if your guitar is out of tune. That's why so many pros use Evertune. It costs us more money and drives up the price of a sig, but we all back this bridge for a reason.
No producer will ever hit record if your guitar is out. Live it sounds like ass. And if it saves time in the studio that's time that can be spent getting the songs to sound as best they can. If people want to hate on innovation that's cool, stay in your cave and don't knock stuff you haven't tried. Only bad experience I've ever had is when it wasn't installed properly and the guitar itself was sub-par.

rocky0

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in and say this guitar is sick, and evertune is the best thing I ever did to my main guitars that stay in the same tuning. Tone difference is a thing (but a small thing). Realistically though the two most important things I look for in a guitar is how well it holds tune and how well it intonates. Everything is second to that, it doesn't matter what your tone is like if your guitar is out of tune. That's why so many pros use Evertune. It costs us more money and drives up the price of a sig, but we all back this bridge for a reason.
No producer will ever hit record if your guitar is out. Live it sounds like ass. And if it saves time in the studio that's time that can be spent getting the songs to sound as best they can. If people want to hate on innovation that's cool, stay in your cave and don't knock stuff you haven't tried. Only bad experience I've ever had is when it wasn't installed properly and the guitar itself was sub-par.

Yeah the specs look amazing on the paper. Just need to try it out first before buying it though.

Lindmann

SS.org Rectangular
Reaction score
Does anyone have information about the availability of this guy?
My guitar store says it is early mai, can anyone confirm that?
I am planning to order as soon as possible,

rocky0

Reaction score
Does anyone have information about the availability of this guy?
My guitar store says it is early mai, can anyone confirm that?
I am planning to order as soon as possible,

Yes should be around may - june timeline. Our local store is getting them in June I think. Thomann probably will have them in around 2 weeks if I remember correctly.

Lindmann

SS.org Rectangular
Reaction score
Hmm...it seems that it will be delayed.
Today I checked for availability and saw that my online shop will have it stock in september.