Ibanez 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibbyfreak13

Reaction score
Baritone 6's are something ibanez has lacked over the years, as well

:hbang: thats what im hoping for. but as said before 2011 probably wont be an expansion type year, just really more of the same. we may see some gone and see those get replaced by similar things just with different finishes or hardware. but as for all the hoping going on thats probably all it will turn out, just a bunch of hopes. although my guess might be further gio models and improvements

but as for my hope more rgt42dx's without flame maple tops, i love my 2 solid color ones and see japan has another but for some reason just cant get on board with the flame maple.

vhmetalx

\m/
Reaction score
Id like to see some more neck through RGs and some fixed bridge 7s with reverse headstocks. Maybe even a 28` scale 8 string with a fixed bridge, but what ever they do stop making black the only finish option for some of the guitars. I am so tired of black. Its waaay too boring.

Also this. +1

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
didn't read through all the comments, but i heard rumours about a whole new model for the more extreme range of guitars, being a new baritone or maybe even something extended.

i'd love the 2228 come in a new color.

devolutionary

No longer 7-less
Reaction score
26.5" RGT6 with no comfort curves, binding, 2V/1T controls, three way, DiMarzios, hardtail.

JoeMalov

Reaction score
I would love a reissue of the RGA121, but lately, I've been wanting them to release a 6 string RGD in a natural wood finish with both trem and non-trem versions. I would dump so much money for one of those, it would be unreal.

ibbyfreak13

Reaction score
:hbang:absolutely bring the XL's back!!!!!! i went yesterday to try out an rgd as i am badly wanting a baritone, and i was left disappointed. if i get a baritone i want it to be a noticable difference in length and that 26.5" just doesnt do it:wallbash:. i want at least 27" scale even though its only 1/2 inch longer than the rgd its still an inch and half longer then the 25.5 im used to. also if they happen to do these in a neck thru or rgt id be a very happy man!

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
I would love for them to use a thicker neck profile. I love their guitars, except that the necks are too thin, and that's coming from only having played a guitar with a Wizard II.

Sadly, that will never happen. :(

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
I'd like to see a prestige baritone iceman 6 and 7 with a zr trem and more 8 strings

This.
I could live with the neck for a 7 string Iceman.

What I find odd is that Hoshino Gakki originally created the Iceman to be a design special to Japan, like the Les Paul and Strat is to America, but there are only two Iceman in Ibanez's entire line.

Arterial

Dreamer
Reaction score
I would love for them to use a thicker neck profile. I love their guitars, except that the necks are too thin, and that's coming from only having played a guitar with a Wizard II.

Sadly, that will never happen. :(
Not that its heaps thicker, but the older J customs have a 19.5-21.5 thickness, which I really like, as opposed to original wizard 17-19.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not that its heaps thicker, but the older J customs have a 19.5-21.5 thickness, which I really like, as opposed to original wizard 17-19.

There's also the Ultra neck profile found on both new and older Prestige models, as well as the Viper neck from the old RT and JPM guitars.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seeing as this has turned into another "I want this and that!" threads, I might as throw in my opinion:

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

I'd buy at least two or three models from each page.

Whitestrat

Reaction score
I'd like to own back my old 540R. (or rather, mine was a 440R). Seriously miss that guitar. Cut my teeth on those strings and the super comfortable Ultra neck.

butch

Reaction score
I know, but at the end of the day they all want to make money. Ibanez pay Mick $100K a year to stay with them, it seems they really want him and he is one of their most well known endorsers. I just don't see them getting rid of it.

Having worked for Hoshino for a few years, I'd question this statement. Pretty well known for years that Ibanez doesn't pay their endorsees.

What that figure may have come from was his initial roalty cut, or maybe licensing the Slipknot name/image a la Kiss. Also, the artist appearance or clinic fees.

(Don't know for sure as I am no longer employed by Hoshino, but my response is in-line with my experience with the company).

As far as another earlier issue. Head no longer in Korn, Head no longer has a signature model.

Cheers,
Butch

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Max, the blue floral is one of the coolest guitars ibanez has ever produced. There's few things i wouldn't do for an NOS example of one.