Ibanez 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
"5pc Wizard Maple/Walnut neck w/KTS™ TITANIUM Reinforcement" as on Ibanez website

Not on the USA site, nor in the official 2011 catalog, in addition to the lack of the KTS imprint on the back of the headstock.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that the Premium series does not actually have those KTS rods and it's merely a typo/mistake in the Japanese website which all the non-USA sites are framed off of.

Metal_Maniac

Reaction score
Not on the USA site, nor in the official 2011 catalog, in addition to the lack of the KTS imprint on the back of the headstock.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that the Premium series does not actually have those KTS rods and it's merely a typo/mistake in the Japanese website which all the non-USA sites are framed off of.

Hmmm, i just checked, specs seem to be all over the place, USA Premium stock come with Dimarzio/IBZ pickups and the rest of the world gets these new CAP-VM1, VM1S and VM2 pickups.

Either way i hope they make Premium RG7's

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm, i just checked, specs seem to be all over the place, USA Premium stock come with Dimarzio/IBZ pickups and the rest of the world gets these new CAP-VM1, VM1S and VM2 pickups.

Either way i hope they make Premium RG7's

The US gets the CAP/VM pickups as well in the RG870.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
^

I'm gonna be "that guy" and complain about one of the specs that I don't like on an Ibanez. Ready? Okay, that black bridge pickup on the new Apex looks awful with the white pickguard and white neck pickup. Just make it white too. It would look 1,000x better.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
IMHO, I like the black humbucker. It's the hotrod look of putting an aftermarket humbucker into a strat from a time when the only humbuckers available were black. White humbuckers in strats look too "sterile" for me.

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO, I like the black humbucker. It's the hotrod look of putting an aftermarket humbucker into a strat from a time when the only humbuckers available were black. White humbuckers in strats look too "sterile" for me.
This. I ain't changing a thing when I get mine.

I think what needs to recognized about the APEX100 is that even though it's a signature guitar, it doesn't really seem like a signature guitar. No inlays that everyone bitches about (K-7 and the APEX1), no artist signatures, no band names, no obscure paint schemes, etc. Just a classy looking RG7. And it's an Alder body 7 which as far as I know, is a first for Ibanez production models. It won't appeal to everyone, but nothing ever does. If the only complaints are regarding a black pickup or black headstock Ibanez still comes out well ahead with this guitar IMO.

Gamba

Cobra Commander
Reaction score
167092_489258451215_669306215_6668624_1310510_n.jpg

This is the premium neck minus the fretboard...looks like some sort of reiforcement to me?

These are probably carbon fiber reinforcement rods

potatohead

Reaction score
It seems to me the Premium line is directed at competing with the 1000 series LTD's and Schecters and what have you, the Korean built stuff in the 7 - 800 range. One could argue the 1000 series Prestiges did that already, but maybe they plan on bumping the Prestige line up in price a touch. On the Prestige video on Ibanez's website they mention some changes are in line for the Prestiges, so who knows.

I'm a self-admitted brand whore so I will probably stick with the Prestiges, unless the fretwork, Wizard III and Edge Zero II prove to be very good.

77zark77

Reaction score
please f..k those last commercial-technics and look after the real quality of the 80's and early 90's models !
You 'll have for the same price, an instrument you didn't expect :nuts: (sincerely)

Semi-pro

Reaction score
I'm gonna be "that guy" and complain about ...

Actually, i'm not bothered by the black pickup as much as the metal knobs (on a pickguard). To me it looks just so wrong to see all these new and cool guitars, all ruined with the metal knobs. White knob + pups or black knob + pups would make the new Apex rule so much. Although i think it's pretty cool already...

Nothing against a metal knob on a guitar without the pickguard though...

Ice4600

Reaction score
So, we've seen some NGDs from the 2011 line, and almost all the rest can at least be found on major websites, but where are the RGD 7321's? I haven't for the life of me been able to find one for sale, or even projected date of release, so I'm just wondering what the deal is. The 7321 is supposed to be for the US market with the 7320Z going overseas, but if they were going to wait until the middle of the year, wouldn't Ibanez be better off just debuting them at summer NAMM?

ibbyfreak13

Reaction score
I hate to say it but I'm underwhelmed. A few good ones but nothing that gets the blood flowing, that said it's not just ibanez, but I see this as a pretty lack luster year for guitars.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
The RGD7321 isn't supposed to be available to countries outside of Japan according to the local Ibanez dealer near where I am. There was a cock up and someone put it on the RGD page anyway >.> Shame, because that would have been a sick guitar.