Ibanez 2011

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Technically it's a Dimarzio showcase, not an Ibanez showcase. If Ibanez had made it for NAMM, they would have routed it for passive pickups. As it was used for a Dimarzio demo, they simply took a stock RG2228, yanked out the EMG's and stuck in their own pups.

Cure for optimism

Reaction score
The RGD7321 isn't supposed to be available to countries outside of Japan according to the local Ibanez dealer near where I am. There was a cock up and someone put it on the RGD page anyway >.> Shame, because that would have been a sick guitar.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :wallbash:

heineken_fretwalker

Team Ibanez
Reaction score
^

I'm gonna be "that guy" and complain about one of the specs that I don't like on an Ibanez. Ready? Okay, that black bridge pickup on the new Apex looks awful with the white pickguard and white neck pickup. Just make it white too. It would look 1,000x better.

I agree with this 100%. Typically, I don't mind the look of different color pickups, but on this one, it just puts me off.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jl-austin

Reaction score
The RGD7321 isn't supposed to be available to countries outside of Japan according to the local Ibanez dealer near where I am. There was a cock up and someone put it on the RGD page anyway >.> Shame, because that would have been a sick guitar.

I don't believe this, because the RGD7321 was shown at NAMM:

091.JPG

Now, it might not be available in Australia, but it will be available in the US.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
The RGD7321 will be for the US market. That is probably why they said you couldn't get it. Just like the RGD7320 is only available for the EU market.

Ice4600

Reaction score
Rgd7321 will be $599, iirc. I posted the prices for the new 7's earlier in this thread. I just don't remember them off the top of my head.

I'm glad they're (somewhat) decently priced and not just grouped with the Premiums, that would be a huge turn off since at that point the 2127 is close enough to be worth that extra little bit (2127 is worth it, but I just can't afford it right now).

I can't find a projected release date, and I'd like to get to play one and read some reviews before I order one. I just hope it becomes available before I pull the trigger on something I ACTUALLY don't need :lol:

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
Ibanez RGD7320z is priced at £710 in the UK, which is approx £400 cheaper than the prestige 2127z. I would save up the extra cash and go Prestige, the difference in quality would be worth it imo. :agreed:

I really wish they released the RGD7321 over here though, I really want a hardtail RGD7 to go with my 2127z :( This whole country exclusive stuff Ibanez pulls off really irks me. First the ARZ307, then this. Importing would cost a bomb with import duties, god damn you Ibanez. /rant

Ashblat

Reaction score
Evening everyone, i reyt need some help i do,

My bloody RGA7 is been a reyt lil tart!

i have it in standard E with a low A that is AEADGBE using 11's E-A
and a 60 for the low A, the strings have been on a week but im still getting buzz on any note that is played and its even worse on the low A, its sooo loud wen it buzz's aswell.

I cant help thinking it needs a good set up then maybe a play with the gauge for the A.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Ash:scratch:

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
1. Learn to do your own setups.
2. Do your own setup.
3. ????
4. Profit.

Metal_Maniac

Reaction score
Evening everyone, i reyt need some help i do,

My bloody RGA7 is been a reyt lil tart!

i have it in standard E with a low A that is AEADGBE using 11's E-A
and a 60 for the low A, the strings have been on a week but im still getting buzz on any note that is played and its even worse on the low A, its sooo loud wen it buzz's aswell.

I cant help thinking it needs a good set up then maybe a play with the gauge for the A.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Ash:scratch:

Take your guitar and put it on its side and look down the headstock at the neck and look at the frets and take note whether there is a hump/hill in the neck or if there is relief/valley in the neck. If you have either you will need to adjust the trussrod. This process is called sighting the neck.

Here's a few links that can help you:
How To Adjust Your Guitar's Truss Rod - By Gene Imbody - 5/1/2001
Truss Rods | How To Adjust Your Truss Rod | Check Guitar Neck Relief | Fix Neck Bow

If you find you are still having trouble send me a pm!

astm

Reaction score
Has anybody been able to try the apex100?

I'd love to have one and mode it adding another single coil and putting a push/pull tone to split the blaze bridge.