Ibanez 2018 models announced(teased) :O

• Thread starter lewis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score

Which is why it was such a bummer having to send it back to them. They've had it for close to 8 months.

I didn't mean to derail the thread, and posted my previous reply in a moment of frustration at the situation I'm in and how it's being handled. I'm happy to chat about it via PM, but won't go further about it on a public forum (and probably should've just kept my mouth shut to begin with).

marcwormjim

Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Which is why it was such a bummer having to send it back to them. They've had it for close to 8 months.

I didn't mean to derail the thread, and posted my previous reply in a moment of frustration at the situation I'm in and how it's being handled. I'm happy to chat about it via PM, but won't go further about it on a public forum (and probably should've just kept my mouth shut to begin with).

why. suhr isn't watching this forum 24/7 like he does on tgp and don't you owe it to people that search and find your review to have an update?

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
this, there are very few offerings on the market right now for anything similar in design to Suhr, Tom Anderson, etc... even the more traditional designs like the TA Drop Top don't have many cheaper alternatives. The only ones I can think off of the top of my head are some Schecter Japan models, Edwards (like 2 models), and that one recent Schecter prototype that DCGL posted, and all of those are the TA DT style not even Suhr Modern or TA Angel.

edit: Jericho is already making a copy of the Mayones Setius, so why shouldn't Ibanez (and hopefully Schecter USA) copy Suhr/TA?
Exactly, you'd think that the market for superstrats that don't look too metal would be bigger, but someone like me who wants a HSH superstrat with a vintage trem then Suhr or Tom Anderson is basically my only choice and I don't really have the budget to blow 2-3 grand on a guitar.

How does the sound of the 5 way switch on the HH Ibanez compare to HSH when in the 2 and 4 position? I use the 2 and 4 position on my HSH Ibby all the time but the 5 way switch on the HH Ibbys are the next best thing if I can't get my hands on a HSH guitar with the features I want.

JoeyBTL

Reaction score
How does the sound of the 5 way switch on the HH Ibanez compare to HSH when in the 2 and 4 position? I use the 2 and 4 position on my HSH Ibby all the time but the 5 way switch on the HH Ibbys are the next best thing if I can't get my hands on a HSH guitar with the features I want.

I know what you mean. I would love to see these with a HSH setup, but 2 and 4 on a HH are still awesome sounds for me as well, you just don't get the twang you do with the single coil. But one benefit of this new model is that it should, hopefully, be much cheaper than a Suhr/TA, so looking into something like routing for the single in the middle isn't out of the question in the future.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Old school carvin c66s were your TA/Suhr drop top style

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
That's interesting. The RGD is already 26.5. I'm assuming the RGDIM is a 6 string with a 25.5 -26.5 fan in the RGD body style? If they can actually get the parallel fret right that could be kinda cool

ThomasUV777

Reaction score
Would've been a total win for me if they left out those dots on the 12th fret