Ibanez 2019 New Stuff

• Thread starter Sogradde
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
Why does the return of the FR have to be in Iron Label form :/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Have you considered the RGDTIRX7AHMFXPB?

Ooops, I was thinking you were joking, I looked for a reverse headstock version but nonetheless the RDGIR7m LOOKS good to me. Never played one though.
the dir7 is a solid guitar, i've played a couple and aesthetically it ticks all the boxes for me

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I definitely notice a difference between 26.5" and 27" scale. So it's totally possible they can coexist. Plus the fact they are a different body.

Never played a 26.5" guitar so I can't really comment, but isn't the body virtually identical save for the bevel? And with the arm contour on most modern RGs, a bevel isn't really necessary. They totally can, I just don't see a need for both.....which may be why we don't currently have any RGXLs :lol:

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
The difference with 27 versus 26.5 is fuck all in terms of fret width - that extra .5" is spread over all the frets, it's nothing. The tension difference for the same brand/gauge strings is noticeable though.

AC.Lin

Poopy-di scoop & Scoop-diddy-whoop
Reaction score
Oh one more thing, a little bird told me that Ibanez plans to bring back the RG XL series. Just thought I'd throw that out there. I have no idea if it will be this year, but they are working on it.
Don't do this to my heart. It can't take that much.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
An MIJ 1077XL or 8 string would be extremely hard to pass up. The OG 1077XL is one of the best Ibanez models I’ve ever played.

I've had dozens of Ibanez 7s, and that 1077XL is the one I miss the most. And I don't even really prefer 27" scales. It was just a very nice guitar somehow.

Boojakki

Reaction score
I'm glad there will be another FR in the line, was afraid they phase them out. I really like FR's and this new model will be mine!

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I know there is currently an Uppercut model, but I don't believe there's been a normal Prestige since the 1620, no?
Technically the uppercut series is prestige, but yeah they haven't had any other prestige FRs since 2014 when the 1620 was out.

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
Let's be honest, when was the last time Ibanez brought back models they haven't produced in over a decade? The most recent I could think of is the non-Gio AX models but those were only standard non-Prestige models. There's too much wishful thinking in this thread and I doubt they'd make any more Prestige models other than the ones they already have but in different finishes.

That said, I'd like them to bring back the X series since the Xiphos gets a lot of love here and I love the looks of the V-Blade, which they only made for a year.

lewis

Reaction score
Let's be honest, when was the last time Ibanez brought back models they haven't produced in over a decade? The most recent I could think of is the non-Gio AX models but those were only standard non-Prestige models. There's too much wishful thinking in this thread and I doubt they'd make any more Prestige models other than the ones they already have but in different finishes.

That said, I'd like them to bring back the X series since the Xiphos gets a lot of love here and I love the looks of the V-Blade, which they only made for a year.
I would buy a Xiphos if they brought it back. Especially reversed headstock.

must NOT have shark inlays though

Status
Not open for further replies.