Ibanez 2019 New Stuff

• Thread starter Sogradde
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
I’m sorry the second you say anchoring and you hit the middle pup I blank out completely.

I file that under I can’t play a seven string because I need to wrap my thumb over and why have 24 frets it’s only 2 more notes.

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This could be true. Although even when I lower the middle pickup to it's lowest point, it still looks ugly. I think it just looks very cluttered with a middle pickup. I like my guitar's electronics to be simple. Just like how I like having no tone knob, a volume push/pull, and a 3 way blade/switch.
Agree

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I know, I just don't like pickguards.
JS models are straight up ugly.

giphy.gif

Sogradde

Reaction score
The second I figured out the JS doesn't even have an angled headstock, it died for me.

I don't like pickguards for practical reasons though. I tend to bump into them alot when I play while moving on stage. I also have that irrational fear of slitting my wrist on one and bleeding to death. Fight me.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
The second I figured out the JS doesn't even have an angled headstock, it died for me.

I don't like pickguards for practical reasons though. I tend to bump into them alot when I play while moving on stage. I also have that irrational fear of slitting my wrist on one and bleeding to death. Fight me.
I have never heard of anyone saying anything like that about a pickguard. I'm kind of amused.

HSH is king. Give me more UVs, TAM10(0)s, and don't dis the OG Saber shape. Joe is keeping her alive and I'd like to keep it that way in hopes of a reissue.

spudmunkey

Reaction score

Do...do you know what a pickguard looks like? How do you "bump into" a pickguard on an RG? It sounds like your fear is a bit misguided....although to be fair, you did say "irrational"...

Sogradde

Reaction score
What do you mean? I can't be the only one who gets stuck on the edge of a pickguard..? :/

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score

I don’t notice any issues with straight headstocks; in fact, I prefer them. As for the pick guard, you’d have to have a pretty weird technique to even notice it. But whatever floats your boat!

Sogradde

Reaction score
I know you guys are making fun of me but it is what it is. :shrug:
My preference for angled headstocks is an aesthetic one.

Status
Not open for further replies.