Ibanez 2019 New Stuff

• Thread starter Sogradde
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I am going to have to respectfully argue that MOST people who voted 25.5 either haven't been able to play an extended scale or are only tuning standard B. The clarity, tension without having to use bass strings, and playability of a 26.5 or 27 scale is undeniable. Unless you're a very small person with short arms i can't see why one would prefer 25.5 on a 7.
Here's the thing: if all these people aren't detuning their guitars to drop-Q and don't want strings that feel like piano wire under the fingers, that's their prerogative. I'd hazard a guess that, even if that's not the majority of 7 string players, it's still likely the dominant plurality. Given that Ibanez still makes most of their 7s in 25.5" scale, they clearly see that there's a market for it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Here's the thing: if all these people aren't detuning their guitars to drop-Q and don't want strings that feel like piano wire under the fingers, that's their prerogative. I'd hazard a guess that, even if that's not the majority of 7 string players, it's still likely the dominant plurality. Given that Ibanez still makes most of their 7s in 25.5" scale, they clearly see that there's a market for it.

As someone who lives in B standard and Drop A, 25.5 is more than fine

A-Branger

Reaction score
-The Affirma is back, albeit in Premium dress.
for the bass world in Ibanez, Premium is as best as its gonna get. Technicaly they have a Prestige line, but its been the Wenge/wenge/wenge and wenge SR since like 10 years ago. Premium basses is their "top of the line". and for their price and quality I wouldnt want a Prestige one at all. Every premum I have tried its been amazing. And at a price that reach a limit too. Basses are more expensive than their guitars, their prestige bass price is bit too much for me

As an owner of an EDA905 (same-ish shape, configuration). Love those affirmas... BUT... that fretboard end cutout uhg... might look pretty, but that seem soo uncomfortable for slapping (as I like to hit the edge of the fretboard with my thumb). Also 48mm spacing nut its a nope for me... it doesnt say bridge spacing but giving the wide but Im guessing it would be 19mm like the BTBs, which is another nope. Also love they improved the electronic controls for the mag/piezzo combo compared to my EDA.

also that neck heel oooooohhhhhhhh <3 it surprise me Ibanez making such sexy smooth neck heel like that

-A Premium JEM7V, didn't see that one coming
and with ebony and the right tremolo bridge (for what I read in here), so thats pretty awesome

-The Saber really is the red-headed step child. Ouch.

now thats the perfect example why I hate the color department of Ibanez. Such a beautiful color fade top/finish... bt then they decided to stain the back of the guitar in red... why? why red? why?.... if you dont want to use one of the colors of the top (or same finish), just let wood be wood and let it natural, but red?? uhg

Also the Polyphia guys... Such ugly guitars

I actualyl dig them lots. The black one with gold looks much better in "real" photos, looks awesome in his instagram. personally I would rather with normal maple instead, I think they woudl look much better, but the AZ its all about the roasted maple. They still look awesome too

now SEE how much much MUCH better it looks when the burst is from the guitar edges and not from the flat top.... 1028309182931X times better!

Last edited:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
now thats the perfect example why I hate the color department of Ibanez. Such a beautiful color fade top/finish... bt then they decided to stain the back of the guitar in red... why? why red? why?.... if you dont want to use one of the colors of the top (or same finish), just let wood be wood and let it natural, but red?? uhg

It's a figure of speech. Google it. :rofl:

I play music

Reaction score
Honestly I would have expected some new multiscale SR bass :shrug:
The Affirma bass looks interesting though, same concept as the NS Design WAV with the single pickup + piezo. Wouldn't mind trying that out.

MickD7

Reaction score
Meeeeh

Are the polyphia guys trolling. They can’t be serious with those guitars.

Go see them live and you will have your questions answered on that one bud.

Kind of bummed we didn’t get a proper full size Gilbert model, the RG 7 string choices this year are very cool though. One day we will see some more S series hopefully even a return of he 8 string.. one can dream

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol I get it now

but yeah I was taking advantage of your mention of it to rant about they awfull choice of stain color for it :)

Where are you seeing a red Saber?

You're complaining about the back of the guitar?

ixlramp

Reaction score
Good to see the Affirma, however in some places i'm seeing 'limited for 2019' which is disappointing.
I love what Ibanez do but almost all the most interesting and unusual guitars and basses are discontinued after 1 or 2 years:
Xiphos, Falchion, Halberd, Affirma, EDA/EDB/EDC, Grooveline etc.
Some of those Axions look lovely, futuristic (one looks terrible).

A-Branger

Reaction score
Where are you seeing a red Saber?

You're complaining about the back of the guitar?

yeah Im complaining about the red stain of the back of the body. A common thing for Ibanez to do. Still dont get why the red stain and dont jsut leave the body in natural instead

Also

I really dont mind that purple nebula burst thing. Maybe with black pickup covers would look better. And also the reason why I dont like black matte gutiars no matter how awesome they look in catalogs. That guitar would be a few days old with a few people touching it for demos, yet it already have couple of buff shinny spots on it

Love these guys videos. They should have way more followers

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
well the japanese market got hosed so far. No update to the website yet and GC is still only RG550. Meh, i should learn not to get my hopes up.

eightsixboy

あなたのお母さんを犯さ
Reaction score
Nothing really exciting except Marco finally gets a MIJ sig and that green seven string with SS frets. Was hoping for more Prestige AZs instead of tons more premiums.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
And from my lofty perch I heard the shredding of a thousand notes and looked down at the shredders and whispered “Wizard 3”.

Reaction score
I am a little humble and a 550dx - a japanese shark-toothed rg again after a long time ... fixed with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts