Ibanez 2022 discussion.

What model do you want to see this 2022?

• RGA Prestige

Votes: 106 31.5%
  • RGDR Prestige and Axiom Label

Votes: 54 16.0%
  • New Jake Bowen Signature

Votes: 36 10.7%
  • Tesseract Signature

Votes: 45 13.4%
  • S 7 strings with reverse headstock

Votes: 96 28.5%

• Total voters

Jeffrey Bain

Reaction score
It says right by the model, next to the price, if he or his distributor has it in stock or if it's on order, etc.

View attachment 103444
I was always looking at the used section which (to me) it was more difficult to tell the item status.

Either way, from a navigation/being easy for a retard like me to understand, standpoint, Sweetwater is more modern/intuitive. That's just my opinion.

EDIT: and it's not a dig at Rich by any stretch, it's cool some people like it that way and I'm glad he's sticking to what works for him. I was just curious given how outdated the site looks

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was always looking at the used section which (to me) it was more difficult to tell the item status.

Either way, from a navigation/being easy for a retard like me to understand, standpoint, Sweetwater is more modern/intuitive. That's just my opinion.

Sweetwater isn't going to help you with a rare used guitar either. :lol:

Ibanez Rules

rich@ibanezrules.com
Vendor
Reaction score
It's ugly, but how can you struggle to find anything? It's literally a single page with every model listed with pictures. :scratch:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder? :lol:
Maybe struggle to interpret is the better phrasing? like if something is pending/has been sold/is available. Maybe I'm just not well versed in how the site works
It's simple, click on the model, on the page there will either be a guitar, or multiple guitars with links above them to all the pictures, or it'll say SOLD - ANOTHER DUE - SOMEDAY. And I leave the last link and pictures up so you can see close ups of similar examples [nah, it's because it makes it easy to add the next one, just change the link and picture]

If all you see is a factory picture it's not in stock, or I never even ordered it. I don't order some of these Premium Sigs if I don't love the specs. I still have a love hate relationship with premiums, although they have gotten better. And I don't stock jazz boxes but I'll order one if you want so I have to have the pages up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Bain

Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder? :lol:

It's simple, click on the model, on the page there will either be a guitar, or multiple guitars with links above them to all the pictures, or it's say SOLD - ANOTHER DUE - SOMEDAY. And I leave the last link and pictures up so you can see close ups of similar examples [nah, it's because it makes it easy to add the next one, just change the link and picture]

If all you see is a factory picture it's not in stock, or I never even ordered it. I don't order some of these Premium Sigs if I don't love the specs. I still have a love hate relationship with premiums, although they have gotten better. And I don't stock jazz boxes but I'll order one if you want so I have to have the pages up.
Thanks again for the detailed explanation man, I do appreciate it!

Ibanez Rules

rich@ibanezrules.com
Vendor
Reaction score

EDIT: and it's not a dig at Rich by any stretch, it's cool some people like it that way and I'm glad he's sticking to what works for him. I was just curious given how outdated the site looks
The used market changed so much it's pretty much just all second stock, but every now any then I'll have something. But I made it easy now, if there's a picture there's a guitar in stock. It's still bright green in stock dark green sold, and it needs cleaning out but now that I put pictures of what's in stock it's less important to move them to the historical sold pages, where I go back and laugh and cry about some of the old prices, and some of the stuff I was stupid to sell!

Ibanez Rules

rich@ibanezrules.com
Vendor
Reaction score
It says right by the model, next to the price, if he or his distributor has it in stock or if it's on order, etc.
Never trust that, I never change it until a model is discontinued, and then it's not my first priority. Keeping the model pages themselves up to date is my real concern. I change to IN STOCK as soon as the first models come in, and it doesn't matter if I've sold it and waiting for more, I never go back and change that. I'd be sitting here doing IT work all day instead of explaining why I don't. Not like I have anybody else I can tell to do that or blame it on and I usually have too much other stuff that needs doing, like all these stainless models in the Silver line. Not my favorite jobs.

Ibanez Rules

rich@ibanezrules.com
Vendor
Reaction score
I thought it was clear all orders had to be in by Wednesday? :flame:

I only put in for what customers committed to. The only 2 I would have put in for inventory were ordered by clients anyway. It's all over, I ended up with LACS15. My territory ended up with 4, Nicks with 3, so if that pattern holds thru the whole country it'll be curious how the warehouses got half the guitars.

DCM_Allan

Sol Invictus
Reaction score

I only put in for what customers committed to. The only 2 I would have put in for inventory were ordered by clients anyway. It's all over, I ended up with LACS15. My territory ended up with 4, Nicks with 3, so if that pattern holds thru the whole country it'll be curious how the warehouses got half the guitars.
Sorry so Nick from Axe Palace got 3 lacs from 50th Anniversary?
and how much will you sell what you got?

Ibanez Rules

rich@ibanezrules.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry so Nick from Axe Palace got 3 lacs from 50th Anniversary?
and how much will you sell what you got?
That's what our whole territories got, I don't think Nick will mind if I say unfortunately he didn't get anything. I doubted I would either.

I only entered for guitars customers committed to, it was sold before I entered it.

AltecGreen

Reaction score

Kinda of a cut throat way to handle things.

Would the process have been similar if NAMM had been held?

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
The Ibanez Rules site is both good nostalgia hit and a breath of fresh air in a net full of bloated, RAM raping websites. ( :cough: kinda like a forum that recently redesigned their page and seems to semi-frequently hit 1.5GB of RAM in Safari and FF unless I kill and refresh :cough: )

I want to buy it but pretty sure my wife would kill me since I just bought the S6570Q and Schecter recently. Technically I only bought one, but she just sees two guitars coming in at once and has the wtf face.
Just tell her those two come in pairs, like shoes. If you guys split household duties, maybe take some of hers on for a couple of months.

The S5527 is worth it.

Ibanez Rules

rich@ibanezrules.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Kinda of a cut throat way to handle things.

Would the process have been similar if NAMM had been held?
Me or them?

Me? I had no desire to stock anything but 2 of them, that were preordered anyway. 20 years ago I would have rolled the dice and put in for many, I had no anticipation of receiving any anyway so if I'm going to enter I'm only going to enter for something I already sold.

Them? It wasn't ready for NAMM, which there wasn't one anyway. We were just told it was coming. NAMM is becoming more irrelevant anyway these days, it's more a place to gladhand. But the whole lottery, giving us a couple days to enter for what we wanted, until the inevitable rogue dealer posted it in public and they killed it to come back with a different approach which opened it up to more customer orders to more dealers, wattering down the lottery even more. I certainly didn't think I'd get anything.

Ibanez Rules

rich@ibanezrules.com
Vendor
Reaction score
The Ibanez Rules site is both good nostalgia hit and a breath of fresh air in a net full of bloated, RAM raping websites. ( :cough: kinda like a forum that recently redesigned their page and seems to semi-frequently hit 1.5GB of RAM in Safari and FF unless I kill and refresh :cough: )
It's dated, but so am I and I'm just too old to care! It works, it's always worked. At least once a month somebody asks if I'm still in business because it looks like a 90's bulletin board, and hey, that's what it is! Want a slick website there are plenty of them, I'd rather focus on giving you a good instrument or knowing what the parts are you have no idea how to describe, for which guitar, in which version.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Hes not trolling at all. Hes absolutely right. I've owned over a dozen LACS. Most of them could not stack up with even a basic Prestige, nevertheless a J-Custom or Sugi J-Custom.

To clarify - we're talking about something looking too good to be made in the LACS, when looking good is something LACS has always done, regardless of any hands-on impressions of what they're like as instruments*. LACS has no problem making amazing looking guitars -- unless I'm going back 30 years into the catalog, most of my favorite Ibanez are LACS, and I've never heard complaints that they didn't look good enough. In comparison the stuff coming out of Japan has so little originality and you can only get so excited about the next color swapped j-custom spec. Your limited runs highlight this problem -- I really like your limited runs, but in the big picture, not sure why we need to rely on dealers to put together runs whenever we want something mildly exciting. This whole collection is kind of pissing me off in that regard because it's like, "hold up, you *do* know that the current offerings are boring as shit and you guys were capable of this all along?" I prefer the JP specs in the collection more than the LACS ones, though they still even here managed to ruin some of the best ones with vine inlays.

*I have a LACS. My j-customs have been "better" guitars / had better fretwork, but the LACS is unquestionably the cooler guitar of the sort you'd want in this sort of collection.

Ibanez Rules

rich@ibanezrules.com
Vendor
Reaction score
J Customs are designed to appeal to masses. LA is designed by who ordered it to be exactly what he wanted. I've seen some awful boring LA's and some very cool ones.

I just realized the lottery was opened to all HUSA territory, which now includes all of Canada.

Nigebanez

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
J Customs are designed to appeal to masses. LA is designed by who ordered it to be exactly what he wanted. I've seen some awful boring LA's and some very cool ones.

I just realized the lottery was opened to all HUSA territory, which now includes all of Canada.
I’ve picked my faves any of the JPCS16-23 but If you or anyone ends up with the JPCS17 I’m in!