Ibanez 2023 Models ! What would you like to see ?

• Thread starter Inanimate100
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So the RGA622 will be a standalone model? Or is that a Jake Bowen sig?

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
*Cough* *Cough* Merry Christmas SSO! *Cough*

Ok, that 24 feet HSH AZ with the 4mm thick flamed maple cap is the coolest thing they have announced in a while. It’s like an AZ equivalent of the RG3170. I hope the rest of the catalog impresses as well as this.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
That AZ looks really cool, but, unlike many, I like the Dynamix10 system which isn't in that guitar. It's one of my favorite features on my AZ. Also, isn't that the bridge on the Premium models? Not that I absolutely need titanium saddles, nor am I sure they really do anything, but it does feel like downgrade. Just nice knowing my guitar has titanium on it.

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
Am I dumb, where's the link

Not dumb at all. The links to the two videos seems to have been replaced by a video with the black AZ24047 for the 2021 model year, but they were previously links to the RGA622 and the AZ2407 (not sure about the latter's model number). The video owner had the videos unlisted and now they're private or taken down. Seems like the person to posted the videos changed the links too. At least, that's how it appears.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone save any pictures? I missed it :/

Basically this, but with what looked to be a black stain sanded back to reveal the flame a bit more under the trans blue fade, and natural binding. Solid black sides and back. No Dynamix switch. Dimarzio pups (forget which, but I think Tone Zone and Air Norton).

Ibanez dropping all pretense and just making a Suhr Modern now lol

View attachment 118762

That being said, this is the most aesthetically pleasing "AZ" I've ever seen them produce.

Latest posts