Ibanez 2023 Models ! What would you like to see ?

• Thread starter Inanimate100
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
These prices are getting ridiculous. If I buy a new Ibanez Prestige, it needs to tick all the boxes and even then I still might hesitate. That would basically have to be an RG3120 reissue.

The prices are only really crazy because for so long MIJ Ibanez were dirt cheap used.

Back in the 90's they felt almost as expensive as they are now, and we payed it because there was nothing out there like it at the time. Heck, you felt like you were getting a deal. :lol:

Those late 90's RG3120s were like $1300 out the door back then, I know because I bought and sold them, which is close to $2400 now.

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
The prices are only really crazy because for so long MIJ Ibanez were dirt cheap used.

Back in the 90's they felt almost as expensive as they are now, and we payed it because there was nothing out there like it at the time. Heck, you felt like you were getting a deal. :lol:

Those late 90's RG3120s were like $1300 out the door back then, I know because I bought and sold them, which is close to $2400 now.
If Ibanez rereleased the RG3120 for $2400 today, I’d have to stop myself from buying two (if there were multiple colors available)! I don’t think Ibanez puts any 4mm flamed maple caps on RGs anymore unless they’re J Customs :(

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
No SS frets at 2.5k 🤣 Also a mahogany body 🤮
The RGA's have always been Mahogany, what a weird complaint.

I had an RG570EX in Cyber Pink and there is nothing pink about it. It's a silver finish.
Okay that's what I thought. I guess the point is supposed to be chrome/silver is the pink of cyberpunk or whatever it's referencing.

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
Waiting to see what this Axe Design Lab is all about. The marketing release makes it sound like they will be taking some chances on what their R&D has cooked up. I envision it being like concept cars, except they are skipping straight to full release haha.

Cautiously optimistic. Guitarists are particular birds. We like what we like and straying too far away from what we know can go either way. Even if I hate what they put out, I’m excited to see what they’ve come up with.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I missed something, is there info out there about the Axe Design Lab?

Ammusa

Reaction score
This Axe Desing Lab sounds interesting. They seem to do stuff outside the box, witch is nice, but I'm so afraid of the price range. Maybe this Axe Design Lab will keep "normal" Prestige lineup in fairly reasonable price range.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd like to see some real multi-scale offering, say within the Q series, which currently only offers slanted frets (fixed scale length), no clue as to any claimed benefit, I see none whatsoever. A 25.5"-28" 8-string, or a 25.5"-27" 7-string would be great. If they can develop their own headless trem, I'd be like take my money please!

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Id be totally on board the RGA622 but my question is did they also reverse the headstock like Jake's? I wish they wouldnt have put effin dots on the board, but i can at least fix that but uggghhh.... at $2500, i really dont wanna have to change anything

Viginez

Reaction score
I think Id be totally on board the RGA622 but my question is did they also reverse the headstock like Jake's?
yeah that thing needs a reversed headstock bad
they should have gone that little extra step and make it perfect