Ibanez 2023 Models ! What would you like to see ?

• Thread starter Inanimate100
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Wow did he change those links quickly. It's all good, I have a back up leak ;D

I can't believe it's really happening though. The number of times I've posted on SSO asking for an RGA Prestige with an ebony board, and bonus if it was an Edge, is crazy. My dream Ibanez has finally come true. Glad I didn't go through with a custom earlier this year.

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
Wow did he change those links quickly. It's all good, I have a back up leak ;D

I can't believe it's really happening though. The number of times I've posted on SSO asking for an RGA Prestige with an ebony board, and bonus if it was an Edge, is crazy. My dream Ibanez has finally come true. Glad I didn't go through with a custom earlier this year.
Estimated street price of $2.5k! Ouch!

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
Surely based on the past 15 years of Ibanez pricing, people didn't expect a prestige RGA to be like $1400?
I guess it makes some sense. There is more work involved to get the curved top for the RGAs (and S series guitars too). I remember the RG Prestiges being priced considerably lower than the S Prestiges a number of years ago, presumably for the same reason. Nowadays, it's all expensive.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Surely based on the past 15 years of Ibanez pricing, people didn't expect a prestige RGA to be like $1400?
Absolutely not, but I was thinking closer to like $2000 to $2200. $2500 is absolutely starting to push it when you consider the RG5000 series is $2000 and those have the thicker pieces of wenge in the neck like Ibanez' 7 strings. This RGA has the thinner 5 piece used before the 5000 series.

A $500 upcharge for the RGA shape, 27 frets, and not as nice of a neck is definitely a kick in the nuts. Still worth the kick for me, but still a kick none the less.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Absolutely not, but I was thinking closer to like $2000 to $2200. $2500 is absolutely starting to push it when you consider the RG5000 series is $2000 and those have the thicker pieces of wenge in the neck like Ibanez' 7 strings. This RGA has the thinner 5 piece used before the 5000 series.

A $500 upcharge for the RGA shape, 27 frets, and not as nice of a neck is definitely a kick in the nuts. Still worth the kick for me, but still a kick none the less.

2022 RG5000 pricing.

Matt08642

Reaction score
No SS frets at 2.5k 🤣 Also a mahogany body 🤮

I'm still not sold on SS frets being essential. Maybe with an extremely heavy touch but the guitars I've put the most hours on are all fine.

Also what's wrong with mahogany?

HylianN

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm still not sold on SS frets being essential. Maybe with an extremely heavy touch but the guitars I've put the most hours on are all fine.

I know a lot of people like it but it tends to make all the guitars I've tried sound "dark" with more low end. They're typically more heavier than ash, basswood etc.. and I'd rather have a guitar on the lighter side weight wise.

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Agreed that stainless steel frets are absolutely not essential. In my opinion, they're more of a selling point if all you care about are specs rather than quality craftsmanship. The best fretwork I've ever experienced (by a long shot) has been on ESP Originals which have nickel frets. Sure, stainless steel is nice to have, but top-notch fretwork is still my preference every time.

Last edited: