Incoming Kartakou Collosus

• Thread starter maggotspawn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maggotspawn

Reaction score
Why did you get rid of your Gmajor?
I couldn't get it to work well with my SS power amp. It was triggering the amps limiters.
If I lowered the output on the G Major there was less volume overall. It pissed me off so it went back to GC. The Collossus sounds really great straight into the power amp, with no digital crap messing with the tone, though I do have a digital delay pedal in the loop for solo's.

jclogston

Reaction score
I couldn't get it to work well with my SS power amp. It was triggering the amps limiters.
If I lowered the output on the G Major there was less volume overall. It pissed me off so it went back to GC. The Collossus sounds really great straight into the power amp, with no digital crap messing with the tone, though I do have a digital delay pedal in the loop for solo's.

How are the cleans on it?

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
The r&r preamp looks interesting. Which one?

http://rnramp.com/products/SL_LD

This one here, thee are a bunch of videos and they all sound great! If I can score a used one I think I'd be set, truthfully I'd like the SL/LD the Kartakou and ofr a more synthetic high gain the Rocktron Chamelon! having those three preamps running at once would be super badass!

hahaha I'm nuts!

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score

That's a drag, I have the older Gmajor and was going to use that but I also have a Seymour Duncan Andromeda so I'd probably use that instead for delay!

Cheers.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
http://rnramp.com/products/SL_LD

This one here, thee are a bunch of videos and they all sound great! If I can score a used one I think I'd be set, truthfully I'd like the SL/LD the Kartakou and ofr a more synthetic high gain the Rocktron Chamelon! having those three preamps running at once would be super badass!

hahaha I'm nuts!
I talked about it earlier in the thread, but the SL/LD is legit. Slightly tighter Recto sound without the fizz.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I think the r&r also has a total of 3 channels. It costs more though, and has more tubes I believe as well

Yup, 5 preamp tubes.

And the 2 gain channels I found were very similar. The blue channel has less gain, but has a bright switch that adds more attack to the sound. The red channel just has a shiiiit ton of gain that even makes a Recto blush.

maggotspawn

Reaction score
Tried out a Tung Sol in V1 while I was rearranging the rack. Instant fizz. It seems to be dialed in to work with the JJ's it shipped with. Also it has a ton of bass. I can't believe how good this thing sounds. Tempted to get another one just to have around.

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
I talked about it earlier in the thread, but the SL/LD is legit. Slightly tighter Recto sound without the fizz.

I did see that, and your comments are why I went looking! This will be a cool rig, I was going to get another Triaxis again and still might, but these I think suit my needs better than that.

And if it truly is a tighter recto like the Pre 500's then that is sweeeeeeet!

Plus I'm really into the old Rocktron Chameleon so that will add a neat tone.

jclogston

Reaction score
I did see that, and your comments are why I went looking! This will be a cool rig, I was going to get another Triaxis again and still might, but these I think suit my needs better than that.

And if it truly is a tighter recto like the Pre 500's then that is sweeeeeeet!

Plus I'm really into the old Rocktron Chameleon so that will add a neat tone.

old Rocktron Chameleon - which version since there are several of them these days?
I've always wanted one of these and the voodoo valve.

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
old Rocktron Chameleon - which version since there are several of them these days?
I've always wanted one of these and the voodoo valve.

I really like the old blue face version, Martyr used one to record at least 2 of their records with it and it's always been an awesome tone to me.

bdxwmvk32vlkebhxifqy.jpg

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
Having said that, its a pain in the ass to program and they almost always have an internal gate that chops notes even if you bypass it.

But I still dig it.