Is Mick Thomson (Slipknot) with Jackson now?

• Thread starter p88
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XMetalcheFX

Chef de Extreme
Reaction score
from the man him self (instagram @7mick7)

2a0c66b.jpg

"Now that I can talk about it - custom Jacksons! Double Rhoads V and Soloist. Proud to be a Jackson guy."

No one is gonna talk about the fact that this guy owns this carpet? :lol:

s_k_mullins

!@#$?!
Reaction score
I am loving those Jacksons, especially the V! Black with white binding looks so good!

I'd also love to see Mick with a custom Warrior. Maybe like the black one that Jackson made for Jim back in the Iowa days.
30D9743A-EFEA-43CC-BD34-F4E225D77D37_zpsdyc2cp2t.jpg

3902571D-06B2-4564-9EBB-D086748D0689_zpsnwl3oiwj.jpg

RLG167

Reaction score
This is where I've seen it before!! Metal Hammer posted it on Facebook about a week ago. Look to the right side of the photo

FB_IMG_1467630466490_zpsqnxkansd.jpg~original
[/URL]

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Well he DID leave in the '80s to join ESP, but then he rejoined again in the '90s.

...Only to leave again in the 2000s to join Washburn, then to leave in 2009 to rejoin Jackson. :lol:

TedintheShed

Retired bassist pretending to play guitar
Reaction score
Ever since the 80's, my ideal guitar, "my '59 Les Paul", has been an 80's Jackson soloist with a Floyd Rose. They evolved into a custom shop that could literally do anything a player could imagine with a guitar build, and were one of the first to do so. They were the peak of custom guitar builders.

When they were purchased by FMIC, the quality of the production models suffered a marked declined, as did their reputation. Now, it appears that they are fighting to regain that lofty position, that of modern metal's best and not just that of my generation.

Effin' ay, Jackon. Rock on. :hbang:

Aso

Single Hum Zealot
Reaction score
When they were purchased by FMIC, the quality of the production models suffered a marked declined, as did their reputation. Now, it appears that they are fighting to regain that lofty position, that of modern metal's best and not just that of my generation.

Now that they are getting some artists back on board, maybe they should think of updating their website

xzacx

Reaction score
Now that they are getting some artists back on board, maybe they should think of updating their website

Funny, but true.

As far as the quality declining since bought by Fender however, I couldn't disagree more. I've owned many Jacksons over the years, from both eras (as well as San Dimas and Ontario) and see very little difference, period, between the pre and post Fender years when it comes to build quality. Sure, a bad one slips through every once in a while, but I've found USA Jacksons to be about the most consistent mass produced guitars there are outside of PRS.

To me, the biggest issue has been an overall neglect from FMIC of the development of the Jackson brand, and even the website is a good example of that. There have just been so few new models and and less options than ever. That's why I was actually excited about their 2016 lineup, and especially the mid-year additions to it. I don't necessarily want much from it, but it's refreshing to finally see some movement. Same with the artists. I don't particularly care for most of them, but signing current and relevant artists is more than they've done in a while.

p88

Reaction score
What bridge are those?

looks like the floyd rose pro bridge. (low profile tremolo).
it has most likely been blocked for tuning stability - hence the trem bar insert being covered.

jackson-chris-broderick-soloist-2-630-80.jpg

XMetalcheFX

Chef de Extreme
Reaction score
Funny, but true.

As far as the quality declining since bought by Fender however, I couldn't disagree more. I've owned many Jacksons over the years, from both eras (as well as San Dimas and Ontario) and see very little difference, period, between the pre and post Fender years when it comes to build quality. Sure, a bad one slips through every once in a while, but I've found USA Jacksons to be about the most consistent mass produced guitars there are outside of PRS.

To me, the biggest issue has been an overall neglect from FMIC of the development of the Jackson brand, and even the website is a good example of that. There have just been so few new models and and less options than ever. That's why I was actually excited about their 2016 lineup, and especially the mid-year additions to it. I don't necessarily want much from it, but it's refreshing to finally see some movement. Same with the artists. I don't particularly care for most of them, but signing current and relevant artists is more than they've done in a while.

I agree 100%. However, fender has revamped a huge amount of its structure woth companies, which gave birth to the impeccable EVH line of guitars, the 5153, the resurgence of Jackson, etc. Pour d for pounds d, jackson can't be touched for the price you pay vs what you get.

Now that Jackson has a SERIOUS artist roster, that is only matched by a few companies, I think we will se jackson start to really take off. One thing I have always liked about them is they make metal and heavy rock instrunents. They stick to their guns, and haven't done a lot of left of center things that I recall.

Pav

???
Reaction score
Now that Jackson has a SERIOUS artist roster, that is only matched by a few companies, I think we will se jackson start to really take off. One thing I have always liked about them is they make metal and heavy rock instrunents. They stick to their guns, and haven't done a lot of left of center things that I recall.

They did have their Sweetone series of guitars many years ago, which were non metal-oriented guitars that used the Dominion headstock before the Dominion was a thing. They never seemed to catch on though, Jackson has always thrived on making guitars geared for heavy metal.

Masquerade

Reaction score
I am loving those Jacksons, especially the V! Black with white binding looks so good!

I'd also love to see Mick with a custom Warrior. Maybe like the black one that Jackson made for Jim back in the Iowa days.
30D9743A-EFEA-43CC-BD34-F4E225D77D37_zpsdyc2cp2t.jpg

3902571D-06B2-4564-9EBB-D086748D0689_zpsnwl3oiwj.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Mick using Jim's guitar at some point :lol: