Israel-Palestine escalation live: Gaza under bombardment after Hamas attack

• Thread starter crimson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The irony here is that, based on the headline, thats literally exactly what the rational people in this thread were saying by October 8th.

Hamas orchestrated the attack with intention of getting Israel to overreact, and they did it anyway.
Yes, please see my Oct. 13 link to the Atlantic "Israel Is Walking into a Trap".

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Yes, please see my Oct. 13 link to the Atlantic "Israel Is Walking into a Trap".

It's kinda wild that Israel knew about the attack and could have figured out the trap, but just preferred the option of letting it happen so they could genocide Palestinians.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Subjected to disciplinary high fiving and two weeks administrative exile to Cabo San Lucas.
BRB, bombing as many aid convoys as I can.

And yeah, I mean, it was pretty evident from day 1 that Hamas was trying to get Israel to overreact. Palestine has borne a huge cost for this, but the damage this has done to Israel's international standing, even with normal allies, is also pretty fundamental. I think the best anyone supporting them has been able to say for months now is, while holding their nose, that Israel does need to protect their citizens. Which I don't think anyone denies, so we're talking an awfully low bar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soliloquy

Reaction score
Your country just spend a billion dollars on non-americans in one night, while actual americans are struggling.

Yup! Hawaii burnt down, and US turned its back.
Tornados rolling through the country, and US rather help non-US folks first.
California is burnt, and US rather support others.

sounds about right.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Your country just spend a billion dollars on non-americans in one night, while actual americans are struggling.

Well I mean, unless those struggling americans need missile intercepts, it's not gonna be super useful aid.

Moongrum

Reaction score

I think the Israel army/gov't is unhinged, but feel misled by this tweet, because I was under the impression the Israel gov't was threatening adversaries by showing their missile capabilities.
I tried finding what the Israel War Room is about, but it doesn't seem to be an official gov't thing.
From what I can tell, CSIS is a think tank in the USA. The missile defense project's mission statement is straight forward, but what their intentions are and how they get funded, idk.

They also made one for North Korea anyways:
2022_NorthKorean_MissileMap-1200x818.jpg

Not really trying to make a point at the real conversation at hand, except I hate fucking twitter lol.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I think the Israel army/gov't is unhinged, but feel misled by this tweet, because I was under the impression the Israel gov't was threatening adversaries by showing their missile capabilities.
I tried finding what the Israel War Room is about, but it doesn't seem to be an official gov't thing.
From what I can tell, CSIS is a think tank in the USA. The missile defense project's mission statement is straight forward, but what their intentions are and how they get funded, idk.

Not really trying to make a point at the real conversation at hand, except I hate fucking twitter lol.
Israel War Room is a right wing, zionist propaganda machine with enough funding to run disinformation campaigns.

This is zionists actively threatening all of Europe, the middle east, most of Africa and parts of Asia.

It is incredibly difficult to tell apart zionist propaganda machines from the actual ruling class in Israel at the moment.

Moongrum

Reaction score
It is incredibly difficult to tell apart zionist propaganda machines from the actual ruling class in Israel at the moment.
Agreed, and would not be surprising to me if propaganda was being directly/indirectly funded by the gov't or by individual members of gov't. I know that's the case in the USA at least 😅

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For the record, my position here is that I abhor hate of all types but I call into question what is being called "antisemitism" here.

Is this literally openly advocating extermination of people in explicit terms? Is this just vanilla criticism of Israel?

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
For the record, my position here is that I abhor hate of all types but I call into question what is being called "antisemitism" here.

Is this literally openly advocating extermination of people in explicit terms? Is this just vanilla criticism of Israel?

I've seen/heard a huge uptick in actual antisemitism (not anti-israel) in recent months. It's been a lot easier for people who are actually antisemitic to slip it through these days, and I've unquestionably seen people (likely well intentioned) take their rhetoric way too far past the point where its anti-zionism or criticism of the israeli government right into full blown antisemitic remarks :shrug:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've seen/heard a huge uptick in actual antisemitism (not anti-israel) in recent months. It's been a lot easier for people who are actually antisemitic to slip it through these days, and I've unquestionably seen people (likely well intentioned) take their rhetoric way too far past the point where its anti-zionism or criticism of the israeli government right into full blown antisemitic remarks :shrug:
Me too, although ill note that it coincides with an uptick in hate of all types. Anti-trans a very notable one.

I'm curious with regard specifically to the college protests.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score

South America after seeing this image:

1713482424641.png