Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

FancyFish

bruh
Reaction score
Finally able to snag one of these after two or three slipped through my fingers over the last year.
pt8dymglxbqnoxtlxtr5.jpg

It's a Jackson DK27d. Seller's pics, because my photo taking skills are trash.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marked Man

Reaction score
Here is vintage to MY generation:

3 (2).jpg

My faithful 1990 Charvel 475 XL, which I bought for mere peanuts in late 1993 when these kinds of guitars had become extremely unfashionable overnight. Something about flannel wearing guys......oh well, it worked in my favor and they flannel shirt guys went away in about 4 years! Has a deep metallic black that looks dark blueish in certain light. Yet another of my guitars that is difficult to photograph but looks great in person.

I think the stock J50BC/J200x2 pickups and active mid boost from this era are very underrated. I keep 'em because the setup still works for me and is also has a unique sound among my entire collection.

Man, the pic looks fine on my computer, this forum has a way of making pics look bad.....:rant:

Last edited:

Viginez

Reaction score
I mean I get why they did the fixed bridge one. But this one has specs more like I’d buy, they should’ve released this alongside the hard tail version.
its cool but that board looks very brownish for ebony

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
I have nowhere to complain. My WR7 hasn't felt right since I bought it, can't get the action anywhere close to the 1.5mm Jackson themselves recommend. Finally sent it in to be fret-levelled and "checked out". If it still comes back like shit I'll be selling that thing.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have nowhere to complain. My WR7 hasn't felt right since I bought it, can't get the action anywhere close to the 1.5mm Jackson themselves recommend. Finally sent it in to be fret-levelled and "checked out". If it still comes back like shit I'll be selling that thing.

I've been hesitant on these for exactly that reason - the Indo guitars seem to be all over the place as far as QC goes.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was wondering if we'd see these state-side, and it looks like Musicians Friend has them. Korean made RR24's are here for a bit.
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/gui...oads-rr24mg-ebony-fingerboard-electric-guitar

There's also a SL2 and KV, both in black with bound ebony boards.

If I'm gonna spend that much scratch on a Korean guitar, I'm just gonna pop the extra $700 for the Japanese version.

Also, if you're doing a limited run anyway, get the ^&*%%&^$ control position right on the Soloist!

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
I've been hesitant on these for exactly that reason - the Indo guitars seem to be all over the place as far as QC goes.
I'll update when I get it back (shop is behind... so two weeks). But everything else about the guitar was basically perfect. There's a very small tooling mark on the fretboard around the second fret, and where the fretboard meets the body is definitely not the best quality. But that stuff I was less worried about.

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone knows about my incident with my Charvel DK24. Well, no one is supposed to.

Grabbed the end of the body with my right arm, smashed it against the wall, headstock facing the wall.

The headstock now has a bid dent, but the neck is still surprisingly straight. No affect on the action. Just that the tuning went off. And a crack around the top of the neck joint, behind the neck pickup.

But the guitar still plays fine. Tunes fine.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ufGZrq4

ufGZrq4

Amenthea

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone knows about my incident with my Charvel DK24. Well, no one is supposed to.

Grabbed the end of the body with my right arm, smashed it against the wall, headstock facing the wall.

ufGZrq4

The way you explained that it did sound horrific, but the pictures show its not horror show bad. My heart goes go out to you though as it's always such a gut punch when that happens and it is a beaut of a guitar (even with the marks).
I've got a Hamer Cali with the exact same chips around the end of the fretboard, and even chips where the previous owner did too many divebombs with the FR when the bridge saddles were too far forward and it's gouged it. I also have one of those 'Legend' plexiglass Jag copies and that has the exact same body crack, but as it's see-thru it look pretty bad. Had that guitar 20 years now, no problems.

Siggevaio

Reaction score
I was quite surprised at how nice the DK24 was for only being $900. I threw a white EMG HSS set in there. They sound amazing.

7-F76-C305-D9-E9-4-F83-9295-64252-CEE8193.jpg
I GOT instant GAS when Ola Englund reviewed this guitar and your picture didn't help either. Seeing only product pics I thought the white one was a bit boring but "real" pictures and videos changed that opinion.

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score

The headstock now has a bid dent, but the neck is still surprisingly straight. No affect on the action. Just that the tuning went off. And a crack around the top of the neck joint, behind the neck pickup.

But the guitar still plays fine. Tunes fine.

ufGZrq4
The way you explained that it did sound horrific, but the pictures show its not horror show bad. My heart goes go out to you though as it's always such a gut punch when that happens and it is a beaut of a guitar (even with the marks).
I've got a Hamer Cali with the exact same chips around the end of the fretboard, and even chips where the previous owner did too many divebombs with the FR when the bridge saddles were too far forward and it's gouged it. I also have one of those 'Legend' plexiglass Jag copies and that has the exact same body crack, but as it's see-thru it look pretty bad. Had that guitar 20 years now, no problems.

That's encouraging to hear. I actually banged it hard. It truly wasn't a light band. The walls are bricks and there was a loud audible bang. Deep ding on the wall.

To be honest, I'm just surprised that the guitar survived. Just throwing a compliment at Charvel guitars.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
You can tell it was a hard hit with the giant dent on the headstock. Glad it lived. Maybe it will have crazy mojo now.