Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
T
Not sure if anyone knows about my incident with my Charvel DK24. Well, no one is supposed to.

Grabbed the end of the body with my right arm, smashed it against the wall, headstock facing the wall.

The headstock now has a bid dent, but the neck is still surprisingly straight. No affect on the action. Just that the tuning went off. And a crack around the top of the neck joint, behind the neck pickup.

But the guitar still plays fine. Tunes fine.
ufGZrq4

That sucks, but, yeah, good luck breaking a Fender-style neck. It can be done, but you have to be trying.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

manu80

Reaction score
Long story short, we moved last year and had to sell some guitars to add money to all makeover we had to do
Didnt care much for 2 but the last one , a charvel usa koa from 95, i regretted it a lot.
Great guitar, awesome dm pups, sound fat, birdseye neck, really great axe
Found one frim the same batch (1995) last week so i didnt hesitate at all.
Really happy !
C3EA4DCA-D7B2-4433-AD6A-86B5D00EC71E.jpeg 1A5BA6D9-ADE3-43F6-8B19-DDF8851F4D4E.jpeg

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Long story short, we moved last year and had to sell some guitars to add money to all makeover we had to do
Didnt care much for 2 but the last one , a charvel usa koa from 95, i regretted it a lot.
Really happy !

Those are quite looked-down-upon in the C/J community, yet every one I've played has been good-to-great. Nice that you were able to get one back!

Mourguitars

Reaction score
Just put a Norton back in my 95 San Dimas ....i love this guitar

I had the Strat model as well, but it had a neck issue...i found another online at a price i could justify spending same color that ive been balking about for the last few days...if only it shipped with a hard case vs a gig bag...shipping companies are way to ruff these days on stuff

Mike

20210912_090053.jpg

TornAnus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I am getting a Dave Davidson warrior hopefully soon. My BC Rich ironbird pre-order seems like it will never come so I cancelled that.

Mourguitars

Reaction score
Was going to change some pickups today but what i have in my Charvel/Jacksons sound incredible so....

Heres what i have in them ...Bridge pickups

Model 7 Tele (Ash)...Chopper...
95 USA San Dimas (Alder) ...Norton
Model 1A (basswood )...Single hum pickup...Norton
Model 1A (basswood )...Single hum pickup..Gravity Storm
USA Solist SL2 ...(Popular sides / Maple neck thru )..Black Winter

Was going to put a Dominion in the Solist today but...Black Winter stays...had JB, Custom 5 Trembucker in before....BW sounds the best...got the idea when looking at USA Custom shop guitars pickups they were putting in them...BW B/N sets

Alder was a hard wood for me to find a pickup to my liking...JB stayed in the longest but the Norton is way better with out all the JB's harshness....Dominion sounded great also, Norton is perfect per my ears and rig

BTW....Those Model series Japan Guitars they came out with , Maple/Maple board....some of the finest necks....never had the truss rod off...ever....them guitars rock !

Mike

Marked Man

Reaction score
Really happy !
View attachment 97707 View attachment 97708

Killer, my favorite Charvel series ever! I now have a '95 Mod I Koa and Mod III Green top. :cheers:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
wasn't expecting to snag a prestine SL2Hat a very decent price.

Simply love those MoP inlays / logo. It's what set them apart from the current imports.
View attachment 97934
View attachment 97933

Love that redwood one. I saw something like that floating around before but I thought it had a single hum -- is it the same guitar modified, or a different one?

View attachment 97749
About time Jackson built more of these

Lol, I shared this on insta before coming here.

jahosy

Reaction score
Love that redwood one. I saw something like that floating around before but I thought it had a single hum -- is it the same guitar modified, or a different one?

yeh the original was a single hum. Built in 2004 by Pablo before his venture into extreme shapes. It was sold by music zoo around 2010 as a B-stock.

Modded a neck sustainer a few months back. My hands were literally trembling whilst drilling thru the redwood top lol

Only let down on this guitar is the wraparound bridge. just hated these in general.

Screenshot_20210922_143553_com.android.gallery3d_edit_1837934828885.jpg
Screenshot_20210922_143557_com.android.gallery3d_edit_1855058979924.jpg
Screenshot_20210922_143601_com.android.gallery3d_edit_1867480348672.jpg
Screenshot_20210922_143711_com.android.gallery3d_edit_1914973148144.jpg

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
yeh the original was a single hum. Built in 2004 by Pablo before his venture into extreme shapes. It was sold by music zoo around 2010 as a B-stock.

Modded a neck sustainer a few months back. My hands were literally trembling whilst drilling thru the redwood top lol

Only let down on this guitar is the wraparound bridge. just hated these in general.

View attachment 97935
View attachment 97936
View attachment 97937
View attachment 97939

Wow! I 100% would not have the courage to do that myself. Looks great though. Yea, sucks about the wraparound. I guess you can route it for a floyd yourself while you're it? :D

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
wasn't expecting to snag a prestine SL2Hat a very decent price.

Simply love those MoP inlays / logo. It's what set them apart from the current imports.
View attachment 97934
View attachment 97933
Nice score, IIRC this was listed on Gumtree for 2.5k right? Nice to see prices going back down to standard, I saw a Trans Green SL2H for 2k up here in Brissy and it was gone in a few days as well.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score

View attachment 97935
View attachment 97936
View attachment 97937
View attachment 97939

I applaud you for truly making that instrument your own. That took balls.

jahosy

Reaction score
Wow! I 100% would not have the courage to do that myself. Looks great though. Yea, sucks about the wraparound. I guess you can route it for a floyd yourself while you're it? :D

Oh i did my homework on routing a FR for this :D

It'll have to be a top mounted floyd (due to the angled body top), but main issue here how to cover / infill the existing mounting posts of the wrap around bridge. I'll have to rout out a big chunk of wood where the floyd studs sit and infill with either a similar burl redwood piece (close to impossible) or a bloodwood piece that matches the shark inlay. Still doable, but very little room for error. Might still happen though, we'll see :)

Nice score, IIRC this was listed on Gumtree for 2.5k right? Nice to see prices going back down to standard, I saw a Trans Green SL2H for 2k up here in Brissy and it was gone in a few days as well.

Yes, from Gumtree! Saw the transgreen one the day prior, really good price @ $2k AUD, but not a fan of green lol. When the other one came up, offered 2.3k and got it. Was actually about to pickup a DK1 @ 2.3k after lockdown, so had to drop that for the SL2H.

How are you going btw? Felt any tremor this arvo?? :D

I applaud you for truly making that instrument your own. That took balls.

Thanks mate, would only suggest this as a last resort though lol