Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ClownShoes

Reaction score
Nice score, IIRC this was listed on Gumtree for 2.5k right? Nice to see prices going back down to standard, I saw a Trans Green SL2H for 2k up here in Brissy and it was gone in a few days as well.
Lol, I very much doubt that's a trend back to old prices. They probably just wanted cash immediately.

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oh i did my homework on routing a FR for this :D
Yes, from Gumtree! Saw the transgreen one the day prior, really good price @ $2k AUD, but not a fan of green lol. When the other one came up, offered 2.3k and got it. Was actually about to pickup a DK1 @ 2.3k after lockdown, so had to drop that for the SL2H.

Nice, good price. DK1 was the one on Facebook with the messed up logo right? That's been there for quite a while, I was surprised no one brought it. A pretty messed up early 90s DK1 in player's con sold pretty quickly for 2k a while back up here.

And nah, no tremor, QLD is probably way too far off, but one of my coworker started shaking midway during the Zoom call, gave us a bit of a shock.

Lol, I very much doubt that's a trend back to old prices. They probably just wanted cash immediately.

That's fair. Two back to back at these prices was probably a coincidence, but its been over a year since the pandemic started, so the ridiculous prices should at least be dropping

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
About that redwood one - didn't Misha used to own that or something very similar to it??? I played almost the exact same guitar during one of their meet & greets, maybe back in 2012 or so.

jahosy

Reaction score
Nice, good price. DK1 was the one on Facebook with the messed up logo right? That's been there for quite a while, I was surprised no one brought it. A pretty messed up early 90s DK1 in player's con sold pretty quickly for 2k a while back up here.

And nah, no tremor, QLD is probably way too far off, but one of my coworker started shaking midway during the Zoom call, gave us a bit of a shock.

That's fair. Two back to back at these prices was probably a coincidence, but its been over a year since the pandemic started, so the ridiculous prices should at least be dropping

Yeh the DK1 has been on marketplace (gumtree prior) since start of the year. about 20mins drive from me, so was planning to head down for a closer inspection. The poly lifting on the headstock is still a concern for me though.

There's a few listings of around 4-5k AUD that hasn't moved in months though, sold prices are typically around the low / mid 2k or max 3k mark. Still reasonable IMO for production USA stuffs, but it seems like the inflation is more on CS stuffs. eg. a Pablo cut NAMM soloist sold for over 6k AUD back in August.

About that redwood one - didn't Misha used to own that or something very similar to it??? I played almost the exact same guitar during one of their meet & greets, maybe back in 2012 or so.

Misha's redwood soloist has a regular headstock, and he got Jackson to rout out a humbucker in the neck position after. I've seen a total of 3 Redwood SLATs seemingly from Pablo, both sold by Music Zoo as B-stocks (regular and reverse headstock), plus Misha's one.

jahosy

Reaction score
Yeah. I was eyeing the KE-2 bolted steel for 2.5k in Perth since like the start of last year, and it was like 9 months until it sold, and I don't think at listed price either. Best deal I saw though was one of these on Facebook on the Guitar Australia group for 1800, absolute bonker prices.

https://www.sevenstring.org/threads...VUxS4o-0-3RlgFsOXiOsquahBWb12gnJXOnxSbyp2lJV4

wait .. what??!?? I'm actually after a warrior with reverse headstock :D had one CS quoted last year (before the price hike) from a Perth dealer for about $7k AUD + min 2 yr wait. Nothing fancy, warrior reverse headstock, white outline jackson logo in gun metal finish.

man i kept missing out on these FB listings :(

There was a KE2 bolted steel in Melbourne a few months back, sold on Gumtree for around 2K AUD as well within a couple of hours. I'll keep an eye out for you if i ever see one again :)

Last edited:

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That was the exact one I believe, I saw it on gumtree as well, the serial matched.

I talked to the guy that brought the CS Warrior a bit, he spent most of last year looking for a WR7 to complete his Warrior collection. Still can't believe he snagged a limited run USA for less than 2k smack bang right in the middle of the pandemic

jco5055

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know with Jackson USA (even the custom shop) there are QC issues at times, and the few USA/custom shops I've played (custom shops being custom selects) haven't wowed me. But I was curious, is there any general "rule" that most Jackson enthusiasts go by, meaning something like "a Mike Shannon (or insert builder here) build is above any other Jackson" or the opposite "avoid X builder"...aka Pablo lol?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know with Jackson USA (even the custom shop) there are QC issues at times, and the few USA/custom shops I've played (custom shops being custom selects) haven't wowed me. But I was curious, is there any general "rule" that most Jackson enthusiasts go by, meaning something like "a Mike Shannon (or insert builder here) build is above any other Jackson" or the opposite "avoid X builder"...aka Pablo lol?

Mike Shannon is the OG Jackson builder, so there's some clout that comes along with owning one of his builds, where as guys like Pablo Santana had a reputation for making some outrageous/divisive builds.

You'll notice that when someone is selling a Shannon build they rarely neglect to mention it.

That said, there's not really a quality difference between the Master Builders. Those guys are all experienced, gifted builders or else they wouldn't have that title. FMIC has definitely kept the standard up through the years in that regard.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Pablo is known for its wacky shapes, but it was by no means a bad builder. He also made absolutely stunning guitars such as the Redwood one posted above. I have a Jackson made by him that is just as good as the ones made by Shannon and Williams.

He probably made its share of fuckups, but IIRC the main reason Jackson fired him was the obscene amount of wood he wasted doing his weirdo designs right. I believe he is the responsible of the B7 shape and headstock, since all of them were made by him before becoming a production guitar.

jackson-7s-1.jpg

Custom%20Shop%20Chris%20Broderick%208%20string.jpg

ekdupxwboc6l4gsdaanz.jpg

fjqjd5k10d5rhsh6g.jpg

Last edited:

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Yeah. I was eyeing the KE-2 bolted steel for 2.5k in Perth since like the start of last year, and it was like 9 months until it sold, and I don't think at listed price either. Best deal I saw though was one of these on Facebook on the Guitar Australia group for 1800, absolute bonker prices.

https://www.sevenstring.org/threads...VUxS4o-0-3RlgFsOXiOsquahBWb12gnJXOnxSbyp2lJV4

I've been on the lookout for these X Custom NAMM Warriors. I have the Soloist from this run and it would be nice to do an X-series collection with the Rhoads and Warrior X Customs.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There's a USA kelly for sale on Marketplace in the US in sparkle purple for dirt cheap. I'm very very tempted to get it but with my new penchant for mod projects and now playing in classical position and cleans I don't think it would be a good idea. It's literally perfect though. If that would be crackle or holoflake or some graphic I would have it but I already have a purple sparkle guitar and I think I'd like it less than that.

Also there's a USA Rhoads for 4k that looks exactly like my Hondo only HH and with a gold Floyd. I knew there would be and honestly? I think mine is cooler.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Tim Wilson is another name you’ll hear from time to time with Jackson CS. I forget what year he retired, but it was after FMiC nabbed the brand.

Grover, Mike, and Tim are like the original 3 at Jackson IIRC.

jco5055

Reaction score
The Mick guitars looks hot (especially the CF tops), and apparently is great too...

can anyone confirm if the Warrior (at least USA and "better" tier) has neck dive?

Last edited:

xzacx

Reaction score
I have a custom shop WR7. No neck dive.

Warriors are incredibly well balanced and comfortable. They look so aggressive, but holding them, they almost feel like ergonomics let to the design as much as looking cool.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Misha's redwood soloist has a regular headstock, and he got Jackson to rout out a humbucker in the neck position after. I've seen a total of 3 Redwood SLATs seemingly from Pablo, both sold by Music Zoo as B-stocks (regular and reverse headstock), plus Misha's one.

If yours plays anything like Misha's, you have a damn nice guitar. He brought it to one of the long-ago get-togethers at Noodles' house and that thing was one of the 4-5 best guitars in the room.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tim Wilson is another name you’ll hear from time to time with Jackson CS. I forget what year he retired, but it was after FMiC nabbed the brand.

Grover, Mike, and Tim are like the original 3 at Jackson IIRC.

Yeah, pretty much. Tim built my 7 string! ;)

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty much. Tim built my 7 string! ;)

The Deep Candy Red Soloist with the Crop Circle Inlays? That guitar and another Soloist are what inspired me to order a Deep Candy Red SL1 as my first USA. I never got that guitar sadly, but I've always wanted a DCR Soloist since seeing your custom shop.