Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

hazardous

Reaction score
Crimson swirl. Lovely lovely lovely............

How bout a full shot?

Gpb0Kta.jpg

The best shot I have unfortunately.:wallbash: The red jumps at you more in person.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

oracles

Reaction score
Jackson DK2M in red swirl finish (I think that's what it's called?)

Currently my main guitar in Drop D. Changed the floyd to a gotoh. It's a beast :hbang:

69LxTgOl.jpg

Always wondered if the JT580LP's were interchangeable with the Gotoh. Was it a direct fit or did you have to do some mods to get it to fit?

electriceye

Reaction score
IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

I wasn't expecting that additional scallop where the neck meets the body. VERY nice touch, one that my production Soloist lacks. Also, I'd say the quilt maple top on my guitar is WAY nicer than the Broderick I referenced. All in all I'm beyond satisfied. I was actually kinda nervous going into this, since it was my first custom guitar from anyone. For the amount of coin that a CS Jackson costs, I couldn't help but fear that they would screw mine up somehow. :lol: Obviously not the case here. I've combed over the guitar numerous times and I've only found one real "flaw": there's a tiny blemish on the fretboard at the 20th fret. Tiny enough that I can't really get a decent picture of it. Also tiny enough that no one will ever see it unless they're looking for it, so I really don't care.

That is just gorgeous, man. Congrats! I think the one thing that pisses me off about the Jackson USA guitars is that, despite the high prices, the figured tops are just super thin veneers. Most makers give you at least 1/4" top. Not Jackson! It's like 3/32 thin. What you got is what they SHOULD give people. :shred::hbang:

Possessed

Reaction score
So I'm not much on an NGD guy, but I can't help but post a few shots of my first CS.

These two are from the dealer...
IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1996.jpg

And this is one of a few that a photographer-friend of mine took in his apartment. I didn't have the heart to mention the exposure at the time.
DSC0012.jpg

I've read/heard some pretty mixed reviews of Jackson's Custom Shop process in recent years. Issues ranging from the shop's inability to interpret a customer's specs to a good-old-fashioned botched final product. Not only did they totally nail what I wanted (which was simple, I'll admit) but they actually exceeded my expectations in a few ways. Pictures don't quite capture how rich the quilt top, the red finish and the quilted binding are in person. I'll be getting more CS Jacksons in the future for sure. If only the wait wasn't so exorbitant... :lol:

Being a Jackson/charvel addict, how the hell can i miss such a beauty:eek::bowdown::hbang:

Psmeg

Reaction score
My current collection with the latest addition (4th from left) a 94 JSX Concept in metallic blue.

10382605_10152903340813296_854297035379417262_o.jpg

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Caved and BINd the Wine Drunk Dominion that's been up on eBay.

ed: Or...... not. I just got this:

"Unfortunately, the Jackson was damaged when a customer took it down from the display today. I’m sorry to have to inform you of this and will immediately refund the transaction. Thank you for your understanding; we hope to do further business with you in the future,"

Last edited:

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
My USA production Charvels. Amazing guitars.
I'm about due for taking a photo with a real camera, especially with my current Jackson family.
20141002_043715_zps1e582fbb.jpg

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
Custom shop snowblind 7-string soloist, anyone?

fe2855935000-xl.jpg

Got to play this on before it shipped out. If I recall it was custom order piece that a couple small aesthetic things weren't right and was returned for rebuild. Looks like it was sold to Rainbow. Awesome dudes if you ever get a shot to work with them.

I need to take photos of my herd of Jackson's but there are some that I can't post up just yet.

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
Got to play this on before it shipped out. If I recall it was custom order piece that a couple small aesthetic things weren't right and was returned for rebuild.

That was a work order that I put in a few years ago. It was missing a top carve and the binding wasnt as originally specified. It's a great guitar (Mike Shannon build), so somebody needs to give it a good home. :agreed:

Rebuild arrived last week with the correct top carve and pearloid binding.

_L2A6733.jpg

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
That was a work order that I put in a few years ago. It was missing a top carve and the binding wasnt as originally specified. It's a great guitar (Mike Shannon build), so somebody needs to give it a good home. :agreed:

Rebuild arrived last week with the correct top carve and pearloid binding.

_L2A6733.jpg

That's right. I forgot about the carve and the binding thing. My memory failed me.

I got to try the new one too before it shipped out and it was a really awesome guitar. Kudos to you.

jahosy

Reaction score
^ So much win :bowdown: Congrats! And the headstock size looks about right for a 7 string!

That's a Pablo soloist cut, right?

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
I got to try the new one too before it shipped out and it was a really awesome guitar. Kudos to you.

Thx dude :yesway:

^ So much win :bowdown: Congrats! And the headstock size looks about right for a 7 string!

That's a Pablo soloist cut, right?

Thx! Yes the gtr has a Pablo Cut top. Well that's what it used to be called. No idea what it's going to be called now, or if the CS is even going to offer it as an option anymore.

Edika

Reaction score
Got this recently but haven't done a NGD yet. I wanted to take some better pictures but the weather haven't been cooperating.
It's a KVX10 MIJ from 2005 which seems to have an alder body instead of the basswood they started using at 2006. Condition is pretty good and while I didn't get it as cheap as I wanted too the extras that came with it helped to make it a good a deal. So far what I can say is it's extremely light which is good for the back and not so much for the balance. The Duncan Design pups are decent but nothing to rave about and the jack placement is really uncomfortable playing sitting down without a strap. What I really like is the fixed bridge and the neck. The neck is awesome.

20140928_194542_zps27f7e983.jpg

20140928_185512_zps6706657b.jpg