Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blue1970Cutlass

emberwolfmusic.com
Reaction score
That was a work order that I put in a few years ago. It was missing a top carve and the binding wasnt as originally specified. It's a great guitar (Mike Shannon build), so somebody needs to give it a good home. :agreed:

Rebuild arrived last week with the correct top carve and pearloid binding.

_L2A6733.jpg

Whoa :eek:

Soooooooo effing classy!

Desolate1

Reaction score
My latest addition. First non-traditional shape guitar and I really dig it. For the price it is a really great playing and sounding guitar I just need to get rid of the EMG's but I haven't decided what I want to go with for pickups yet plus my 8 is next on the docket for a pickup swap.

Attachments

• King V.jpg
    King V.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 22

Neilzord

.Metal.
Reaction score
Picked up these two recently!

The SL2 is exactly what I expected, a nice average price Jackson..... Plays great, feels solid as hell and....... It's silver. My first guitar teacher had a silver Charvel wayyyyy back and I've fancied something silver ever since, so this came up at the right price and I had to have it! Not sure how long it'll be staying for!

The 1987 Model 4 is so awesome to play, fatter neck than more recent Jacksons more like an ESP horizon which Is a nice change, Although I find them both equally as comfortable. It's 80's looks are just badass and I can't get over how good the condition is for such an old guitar. It was all dirty in a case and clearly hadn't been played for at least 15 years when I picked it up. After a lot of love it's really come to life again!

Anyway... A quick snap of each!

manu80

Reaction score
Just picked myself a Jackson kelly, reverse head, crazy flame maple neck with rosewood FB. Jackson PU's, JT580LP trem. Some few parts replacement, (the whole screws, trem etc are all rusty) and she'll be ready for pics. I thought KE-3 were loaded in duncan, but there's been so much variations....Ke-5 maybe? I don't know.
Black metallic, and it will get some gold hardware (a la Ke-1)
price: 140 euros. Just for that neck, it's a bargain !!!!!
Pics soon ;)

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Interesting, they only have the crackle & swirl on the site, no bengal. This is indeed a concern. :scratch:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't dig the crackle...

I'd also be lying if I said I didn't want this hoodie bad:
AN-CHARVEL_1_[b]hVYZw.jpg

But I'm not paying $60 for it. Just as an experiment, looks like a group of 6 or more could easily get them for $35 a piece.... Hmmm...

TedintheShed

Retired bassist pretending to play guitar
Reaction score
So, here s mine:

62de0322-0c1a-48cb-a27e-46d7f44c93bc_zps70e9aad5.jpg

This is a 2003 Jackson DKMG in Cobalt Blue Swirl. It is MIJ. MODS include the original EMG-Hz's were removed by the previous owner and replaced with a Dimarzio Evolution in the bridge and a ToneZone in the neck. The neck pickup is wired as coil-tapped by default and the push/push knob switches it back to full humbucker mode. I originally intended to install an EMG 81 in the bridge and an 89R in the neck, but I am liking these pickups for now.

I like this guitar but I am undecided if I am going to keep it. If I do, the tremolo will be replaced with a German made Floyd Rose. If I don't, then i will sell and trade up to my life long dream guitar- a 1980's Jackson solosit with a Floyd Rose, in which I would install EMG's or BKP's. I am not a guitarist, but played in metal bands since the 80's as a bassist. I would leave the Jackson to my 16 year old daughter, who currently plays a PRS.

s4tch

Reaction score
...and a ToneZone in the neck...

The Tone Zone is not exactly a neck pickup. Don't you find too bassy? I've had a Tone Zone 7 in an RG7321 for a while, was too dark even in Basswood, I moved it to the bridge, and liked it way-way better.

TedintheShed

Retired bassist pretending to play guitar
Reaction score
The Tone Zone is not exactly a neck pickup. Don't you find too bassy? I've had a Tone Zone 7 in an RG7321 for a while, was too dark even in Basswood, I moved it to the bridge, and liked it way-way better.

He had is set up to default as split (single coil) so when I run it clean it has a really nice crispness to it. Distorted, I get a really nice classic Les Paul style sound (al Sweet Child of mine). I don't finmd issue with it.

Also, it may not sound as bassy because I have it running into a 25 watt Krank Krankenstien Pro. I am relativey new to guiotar, so I don't know all the tricks yet. Using standard or drop d tunning, and just play my old thrash favorites.

Tho

Reaction score
Still at The Music Zoo, soon to arrive in The Netherlands at my door: My Custom Shop Warrior. All mahogany, 1 humbucker and EVH volume pot. Also the volume pot is placed 1/2 inch back.

10404877_721971997883363_8360256693757990131_n.jpg