Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

leftyaxeman

Reaction score
JacksonUSASoloistSL-2H.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jahosy

Reaction score
'90s Soloist Professional. Sounds HUGE, even with stock pickups! Definitely on par with the US models, even CS stuffs....

- Qtr sawn maple neck thru with poplar wings.
- ebony fretboard
- MoP inlays and logo

jorgercrosa

Reaction score
OSTQ7gl.jpg

This is my collection so far(left to right):
  • 1986 Charvel Model 5 - SD Blackouts, Kahler trem
  • 1987 Charvel Model 5 - FU-Tone brass big block, SD Blackouts, Dan Lawrence paint job. This guitar was a mess when I got it
  • Jackson DK27 baritone - EMG 81x/89x
  • 1986 Charvel Model 2 - EMG 81
  • 1986 Charvel Model 2 - all stock, my first guitar that I bought when I was in the military.

WOW! I have been on the market for a DK27 for quite a while, and more recently I've been searching the web for a 1986 Model 5 (huge MIJ Charvel/Kahler fan here).

You have a pretty awesome collection there! Please let me know if you ever decide to sell one of those.

PS.: I have a 1986 Model 3A that is being upgraded (neck repair, BKPs, Wilkinson trem) and I am currently assembling a 1987 Model 4 neck and a 1986 Model 4 body (BKPs, Kahler trem). As soon as I have all set I will take some pictures for the not so purists out there!

manu80

Reaction score
MMMM looks like I bought the KE-1 trans black that was posted earlier yesterday on ebay.
There's a lil crack on the binding at the nut and the case is a gator now but it looks like the same one, with the lighter shade on the body wood.
GOt 2 kelly's now. not a fan of having 3 times the same kind of guitar shape, but i 've been wanting a Friedman ke-1 for a long time...
wait and see.

Wanna put it into a jackson case but don't know if I'll go with the kelly shaped case or the rectangular one..

Possessed

Reaction score
Go with kelly shape one! smaller and lighter!
That's a good Kelly with SS frets and a new Kahler bridge! Congrats!

LaceySwiss

Reaction score
Thought I'd post a couple of my Jacksons...:hbang:
Ghost Flames Soloist
IMG_0800_zps55852736.jpg

KV2
IMG_0795_zps33bcbe09.jpg

USA Rhodes - Custom Shop??
IMG_0798_zpsa2b11d8f.jpg

DK1
IMG_0797_zps12e927a3.jpg

'88 Soloist
IMG_0801_zps4c7feb1c.jpg

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
Early 90's exotic dinky, quilt top, koa rear!, pau ferro fretboard and matching headstock. This has my gas up to an all time high!

ebay443.jpg

ebay447.jpg

Pav

???
Reaction score
That Dinky makes me want to spec out a new custom like, now. Holy shit.

Go To Bed Jessica

Reaction score
Damn, there are some beautiful guitars in this thread!

I have a small favour to ask of the Kelly owners in here, since I'm about to embark on a project that looks a bit like this:

IMG_20141219_104511_zpsdznt8fhw.jpg

Please excuse the wonky tracing - it was basically just to check that it was going to fit.

Would one of you fine folk be able to tell me what the height of the strings off the face of the guitar is right in between the bridge pickup and the bridge itself? Pleeeease!

While there has never been a more comfortable shape for me to play, I don't want a whammy on this one and I dislike ToM bridges - so I'm keen to try a Hipshot. However, I need to find out how high off the guitar the strings are so I know which bridge to order!

I'm guessing that both the ToM and the various whammy bridges are all at the same height, but if you can post a measurement, can you please also tell me what kind of bridge you have on the guitar in question?

I intend to buy a Jackson neck, as I'm damn sure my talents don't stretch that far just yet - and I promise to post a pic of the completed project in here when it's done.

Veritech Zero

Jeffy Turbo
Reaction score
On my Kelly I have 10mm on the bass side and 9.5mm on the treble side, from the face of the guitar to the bottom of the strings, floyd bridge. Hope that helps!

manu80

Reaction score
Yeah it's the same s/n that on the pucs above. Just a crack in the binding at the nut but i can do with it

ResR

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking for RR1s and other special Jackson guitars on the US ebay atm, I am from Europe.

Just found this pretty nice looking Jackson RR1, just some rust, but it wouldn't be the first guitar I bought with some rust on it, I am pretty good at cleaning guitars I guess.
Shipping cost to Europe 225$ USPS Priority, a bit high or what do you guys think? Some import fees will come on top.

1992 Jackson USA RR1 Black Wcustom Factory Pinstripes Real No Reserve Auction | eBay

Would really love to hear some opinions, hope its okay to post links here.

You can also post other RR1s you would suggest that are reasonably priced.