Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

manu80

Reaction score
Thx guys. It's a pro mustaine from 94, seems like a obl as a neck pu and a seymour duncan as a bridge pu.
1000 euros sounds fair.
I was also looking at the rrmg( matt grey ) or the v's ( lack of ou's ring makes it hreat visually , still the raw neck looks less ok to me) but can't say no to a mustaine. So a jackson addict ;) !!!!!!

bloodjunkie

Reaction score
Have to agree on people with that koa model, I wish they still had simple and nice looking guitars available like that one. Always kind of wanted a COW sig too but haven`t seen one around for years now.

LeffJoomis

Reaction score
The old Pro series guitars rivaled the USA guitars for a while. A lot of people who owned them thought that they were pretty much the same guitar at one point which I why they stopped building them as people weren't buying the USA models.

I have a '91 Jackson Soloist Pro made in Japan. It's as good as a Jackson can get.

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
That green Dinky is what I used as my starting point for my Custom Shop Soloist I ordered back in 94 (see pic. a couple of pages back). Back then I was quoted 6 months build time and it took just over 9. I could not imagine waiting over 2 years it takes to get a guitar out of their Custom Shop now and the price tag they have.

Can't believe I missed that! Looks really nice, send me a PM if it's for sale ;)

I agree with you guys, really wish Jackson would bring back some "exotic" woods and build some like they did in the 90's

Desolate1

Reaction score
Can't believe I missed that! Looks really nice, send me a PM if it's for sale ;)

I agree with you guys, really wish Jackson would bring back some "exotic" woods and build some like they did in the 90's

Nice try but that ones going to go in the ground with me. I will take some better pics of it latter and post them up.

All the catalog pages showing different Jackson's made of exotic woods are Custom Shop instruments and where never production models although they used to do limited production runs from the Custom Shop of guitars and some of these used some exotic woods. They made a Dinky that was solid flamed maple that was just sick. So you could get a Jackson made of any wood you want as long as you don't mind waiting 2+ years and taking out a second mortgage on your house. I would love to do another guitar through the Custom Shop but their is no way I am waiting over two years for a guitar. I may do a guitar through their Custom Select though as the wait time is about what I waited for my Custom Shop back in the day only the price tag is going to be quite a bit higher but I have a hell of alot more money now then I did when I was 16.

Thorerges

Reaction score
xxld_5761-2811001141-8655-1.jpg

Thought this dinky looked outrageously good.

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
Nice try but that ones going to go in the ground with me. I will take some better pics of it latter and post them up.

All the catalog pages showing different Jackson's made of exotic woods are Custom Shop instruments and where never production models although they used to do limited production runs from the Custom Shop of guitars and some of these used some exotic woods. They made a Dinky that was solid flamed maple that was just sick. So you could get a Jackson made of any wood you want as long as you don't mind waiting 2+ years and taking out a second mortgage on your house. I would love to do another guitar through the Custom Shop but their is no way I am waiting over two years for a guitar. I may do a guitar through their Custom Select though as the wait time is about what I waited for my Custom Shop back in the day only the price tag is going to be quite a bit higher but I have a hell of alot more money now then I did when I was 16.

Never know unless you try :lol:

Yep I'm definitely aware of this, I currently have on order through the Custom Shop. Was having a dig as I would like too see some more limited runs popping up (cloud9 Soloist, Koa) etc

Grab some more shots of the green machine if you get a chance

mbZ6EU5.jpg

Some more Koa to fuel the gas

Overtone

Reaction score
Is anyone interested in an SL1 from the San Dimas custom shop? One of the last soloists made there, judging by the serial #. Some very visible fret divets, and the finish doesn't really show because of extensive clear coat swirling/scratching, but it plays and sounds great. Has a kahler. $1699 asking price. Almost no chips or damage anywhere... just a relatively light one at the headstock tip. It plays like a beast and the pickups sound good. I haven't tried the trem out, though. The finish is a metallic dark blue, but it looks like just dark blue due to the clearcoat's condition.

I'm tempted myself, but I feel like I'll just stick with my '85 single hum soloist. If I was looking to have a substitute, or spend more time playing this style of music I'd be going for it. PM me if you're interested and I'll tell you where you can find it.... I'd rather see it go to the SS.org community if I'm not gonna own it. I do think the price is a little on the high side, but then again the guitar is in great condition for 29 years old!

V_man

Reaction score
Hi my name name is Andres. I am from Chile, this is my first post and I didn't resist the temptation to post here first. These are my two jacksons a sl2h transblack and a rr1t eerie dess swirl. Enjoy the pictures.

CKTD7RJ.jpg
84QSvlG.jpg
iCvVKpG.jpg
P9HoqZT.jpg
P3qWDwn.jpg
zFslXcZ.jpg
A8T3B6m.jpg

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
^ Look at this guy! First two posts are pics of killer guitars and they're posted on correctly.

I like.

Thorerges

Reaction score
Never know unless you try :lol:

Yep I'm definitely aware of this, I currently have on order through the Custom Shop. Was having a dig as I would like too see some more limited runs popping up (cloud9 Soloist, Koa) etc

Grab some more shots of the green machine if you get a chance

mbZ6EU5.jpg

Some more Koa to fuel the gas

That was for sale at Sweetwater. I think it went for about $4300.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't afford a USA custom so I had to make due with power tools and sandpaper :metal:

rUbiIZM.jpg

I really should take some good pictures of the fusion now that it's done. Gorgeous one-piece mahogany body that just glows in the sunlight. Thinking of tracking down another one to replace the LTD. Or maybe a Charvel Model 7. Or a Soloist Pro. Too many choices :lol:

manu80

Reaction score
Well , it's raining here and as you heard France is a bit sad right now....
SO a bit of black sunshine came this morning to give my KE-1 a little company.
It's in overall good condition for a 20 years axe (damn...20 years...) , japanese but great as usual, a lil ding at the headstock and one on the lower horn but still, it's fine. Replace all the screws etc, a bit of oil on the neck, a good cleaning and we're set. It has a OBL in the Neck and a Duncan (JB I guess) in the bridge. i thought the early combo was OBL/jackson J92 but hey you never know. Got to replace the volume for the bridge it was removed to have both of the Pu's on One knob. We'll see later. To my surprise, the middle position sounds damn bluesy, very round on the bend, surprising in the best way possible.
Now I let my GAS rest a bit. well, 'til Namm !!!!!! ;)