Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

jrstinkfish

Reaction score
Joined the club a couple of months ago, but have been waiting to get a single-hum pickguard for my MIJ So-Cal before really considering it mine :) Finally dropped the cash on one after Christmas, and it arrived from Pickguardian a few days ago. Gotta wait for a nice sunny day for pics for my NGD, but here it is in the back of my car after I picked it up from the shop (had them set it up and install an X2N for me).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Ebay win for $250. Glad the guitar is in mint condition. Now to replace those EMGs with Invaders.

13700_10204041303378314_3481831208500176585_n.jpg

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
DKMGs are absolutely insane guitars for the prices they can go for.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
DKMGs and DXMGs are great gigging guitars, they hold up pretty well and are road worthy. I have a bunch of DXMGs. Thinking of getting a DKMG fleet. Hahaha

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
Backstory: I like strats. A lot. Thus I was going to get a strat with a floyd ( the Fender MIM Standard with a top loaded FR1000/Special) - but then I looked at some Namm 2015 videos and found something I'm going to get instead:
2969197591.png

Warren DeMartini Pro Mod Snake - MIM, Specs:

General

Model Name: Warren DeMartini Signature Snake Pro Mod
Model Number:
Series:
Pro Mod
Body Style:
Dinky™ MSRP: $1,904.75

Neck

Number of Frets: 22, Jumbo Frets
Fretboard Radius:
12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8mm to 406.4mm)
Neck Material: 1-Piece Bolt-On Quartersawn Maple

Electronics
Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Custom Design Warren DeMartini
Neck Pickup:
Seymour Duncan® Quarter Pound Flat™ SSL-4 Single-Coil Strat®

Hardware
Hardware: Chrome
Bridge:
Floyd Rose® FRT-O1000 Double-Locking Tremolo - Top Mount

Other Features
Unique Features: Knurled Flat-Top Control Knobs, Black Dot Position Inlays

How cool is that? :D (Very, that's why I'm getting one - never dreamed about the US version, too expensive for me). And sorry about the rant, didn't really find a better thread for this expression of joy.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
Hm I got a trans black SL2H-MAH coming in, 2006 made I think. Ought to be a fine guitar :> Maybe next week!

vividox

Reaction score
Hello all, thought I may as well come join the party. I've got two Jacksons:

DKMG (2002; black)
Back when they came with those awful 20 Db boost knobs. I was 17 when I got it and it was my first 'real' guitar. It was also the only guitar I played for 12 years, so it has some crazy miles on it. After around 7 or 8 years, I decided to graduate from EMG-HZs, got some green DiMarzio Evolutions, and pulled the 20 Db boost and all the active pickup / battery wiring. The back wiring panel has actually been so heavily used that the old screw holes were stripped and I had to jump up to a higher gauge screw just to keep the plate from falling off. Also went thru a (drastically needed) fret dress last year. Still such a solid guitar even after all the abuse.

DK7-M (2014; metallic black)
Had it about six weeks now. First seven string. Absolutely loving it. As solid as the DKMG is, jumping up to the Pro Series level is a dramatic difference. Not of fan of the Seymour Duncan Distortions, so I'll be putting in a green D-Activator and LiquiFire early next week.

I'll try to get some pictures up next week once I have the new PUPs installed.

Pav

???
Reaction score
I have the same DKMG, only from 2006. I also did the same electronic work on it, replacing the EMG HZs and active boost with set of DiMarzios. That guitar is an absolute workhorse that I'll never get rid of. With a good setup, it plays every bit as well as much higher-end guitars.

Thanatopsis

Reaction score
Got my first Jackson about a year ago, an SLSMG, and love it just as much if not more than the day I got it. I swapped the pickups so now the 85 is in the bridge. Overall I prefer it however there are some characteristics of the 81 I in the bridge I miss, typically I prefer a ceramic magnet there. With the way it came, I felt there was kinda a thin-ness with the 81 in the bridge. The 85 fattened it up nicely and with the 81 in the neck it balances it out nicely.

jackson.jpg

Pav

???
Reaction score
^^ Maybe try an 81-X in the bridge sometime? I still haven't tried out the EMG X pickups yet myself, but I hear they typically "solve" most of the perceived shortcomings of EMG's most popular models.

That's a nice axe too...I often find myself wishing I had snagged an SLSMG before they were discontinued.

Bleach31

Reaction score
Mine! I also have a JS-22 7 and the new metallic blue DK2M on the way! :yesway:

Attachments

• IMG_20140921_102227.jpg
    IMG_20140921_102227.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_2649.JPG
    100_2649.JPG
    641.4 KB · Views: 19

59Bassman

Contributor
Reaction score
Backstory: I like strats. A lot. Thus I was going to get a strat with a floyd ( the Fender MIM Standard with a top loaded FR1000/Special) - but then I looked at some Namm 2015 videos and found something I'm going to get instead:
2969197591.png

Warren DeMartini Pro Mod Snake - MIM, Specs:

General

Model Name: Warren DeMartini Signature Snake Pro Mod
Model Number:
Series:
Pro Mod
Body Style:
Dinky™ MSRP: $1,904.75

Neck

Number of Frets: 22, Jumbo Frets
Fretboard Radius:
12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8mm to 406.4mm)
Neck Material: 1-Piece Bolt-On Quartersawn Maple

Electronics
Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Custom Design Warren DeMartini
Neck Pickup:
Seymour Duncan® Quarter Pound Flat™ SSL-4 Single-Coil Strat®

Hardware
Hardware: Chrome
Bridge:
Floyd Rose® FRT-O1000 Double-Locking Tremolo - Top Mount

Other Features
Unique Features: Knurled Flat-Top Control Knobs, Black Dot Position Inlays

How cool is that? :D (Very, that's why I'm getting one - never dreamed about the US version, too expensive for me). And sorry about the rant, didn't really find a better thread for this expression of joy.

Holy crap. Never owned a Sig guitar, but I WILL have one of these. That snake guitar was up there with Lynch's Kami as my dream guitar back in the 80's.

EDITED: Oh. Just realized that Charvel is using Fender's new MSRP=much closer to reality system, so this will be a MIM Charvel at almost $2K. That just entered the "list of crap that ain't happening" for me. Not a MIM hater, I've just yet to feel any MIM guitar worth that kind of dough.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I'm right there with you. Dream guitar, but MIM and Sam Ash has it listed at $1400 without a case. What are they thinking?