Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

mastapimp

Reaction score
Are these pretty basic USA Select San Dimas and So-Cal models for $2K new? Never noticed them before... There's the $3800 DKs from last year, but these lower priced USA models I guess I don't remember seeing those before... ???

Not new. They've been out for years at that price.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LCW

Reaction score
Not new. They've been out for years at that price.

Interesting... must have never noticed. Given the boring and plain finishes (not to take away from their quality)... No wonder they are easily missed...

mastapimp

Reaction score
Interesting... must have never noticed. Given the boring and plain finishes (not to take away from their quality)... No wonder they are easily missed...
Yeah, about 2 or 3 years back I was shopping around for a Charvel and ran into these USA selects at CMC guitars and maybe music zoo or sweetwater. All the USA selects at the time were starting at 2K and had plain finishes with limited colors. I ended up getting Mexican pro-mod San Dimas back in May for $800 and swapped out the hardware.

Reactions: LCW

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Took delivery of this at the end of 2020. Custom Shop King V made for Christian Olde Wolbers. The story about it has been told a few times on this forum from previous owners, so I'll just say this thing is amazing.

image0.jpg

I wouldn't mind to hear it once more, with a matching thread and more pictures :)

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
Here's to my first Jackson, a KE3 Kelly with a swirl finish.
I would be absolutely chuffed if Jackson made more 7 and 8 string offerings, but with the Kelly shape for a change, above and beyond their previous iterations.

1557424_10202987580273395_1028504153_o.jpg

olejason

Reaction score
Anyone know when the new MJ series is expected to be available?

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Since they just released the MF-1 the other day, there's a chance that a smattering of new models might still be coming.

Holding out hope for an import Loomis Soloist 7 yet this year.

I'm not a massive JL fanboy or anything, but the guitar he has in the plug-in demo video is what I want in a 7 right now.

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Cracked Mirror MF-1 was the same batch as the rest of the new releases unless I'm missing something.

xzacx

Reaction score
The Cracked Mirror MF-1 was the same batch as the rest of the new releases unless I'm missing something.

Yeah that was in the original batch. I do think they're still going to show some Custom Shops though—probably both one-offs and small runs.

Last edited:

FancyFish

bruh
Reaction score
Incoming NGD. Website had it listed under the generic Jackson Dinky title, but after further inspection I think it's a DK2m in Inferno Red. From the pics, it seems to have some serious(?) binding damage on the headstock, but that doesn't bother me, especially for the price.
40107-S000125478-2.png

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
lmao GuitarCenter is trying to sell me a 4k$ USA SL2....with dot inlays :lol:

View attachment 90125

Who would do such a thing...Dots? That's just heinous...
I kind of dig it. But not in a way that I want to buy one. I think this is a limited run, I've seen them for sale by other dealers as well.

A Jackson without sharkies and binding does seem kind of wrong though. A blank board is also acceptable. The piranha's teeth inlays also kind of work because unless you look closely it looks blank.

Latest posts