Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Thoughts on the Demmelition Fury? The white one with the TOM. Considering getting one after being fed up with a few bad Epiphone explorers in a row.

Never played one in person, but aesthetically they're fine to me, I think it'd benefit from the guard matching the body color but that's an easy fix. I wish Jackson would get off their ass and DO SOMETHING with the Fury line, since Phil has his, and that's IT! Olavi from Amon Amarth also uses one, but they seem to just, never mention him in any promo material for whatever reason.

TimmyPage

Reaction score
That's honestly the best top I've seen on them. Most have been bad.

How did it play?

Yeah it was a beautiful top, had that "3d" effect you get with high grade quilt tops too.

It played great too, the arch top was comfortable, and neck (Jackson speed neck, thin and slight D shape but not crazy Wizard thin) felt good. I think the main thing stopping me from going back and buying it is just that FRs are such a pain.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ikaruga

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Can ya´ll provide some superstrat brands and models from the 80s and 90s that have the Jackson headstock?
Ive been in a shopping spree for superstrars, mainly MIJ since I discovered that shipping from Japan is soooo much cheaper as compared from the US. So I would like to start a mini collection.

Here are some of the ones being shipped to me at the moment. I lean more towards binding and sharkfin inlays but anything can be good.

Jackson Stars SL-J1

Grover Jackson Soloist (dont know the model)

Charvel Soloist SL-140

Fernandes STJ-75

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Can ya´ll provide some superstrat brands and models from the 80s and 90s that have the Jackson headstock?
Ive been in a shopping spree for superstrars, mainly MIJ since I discovered that shipping from Japan is soooo much cheaper as compared from the US. So I would like to start a mini collection.

Here are some of the ones being shipped to me at the moment. I lean more towards binding and sharkfin inlays but anything can be good.

Some ESPs as well, thought the headstock is a little bit different (and far better)

(I also have an SL-145 for sale -wink-)

Last edited:

Ikaruga

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Some ESPs as well, thought the headstock is a little bit different (and far better)

(I also have an SL-145 for sale -wink-)
I might've seen it, if you have it a reverb. But Im trying to get all black finish.
But again anything can be good.

DimMak

Reaction score
what's the toggle do on the XL? I've only seen those on the fusions
I think it was installed by the previous (original) owner. He said it was "a pro mod switch like Kerry King" so I assume it is the EMG gain boost. I think you can adjust the amount with a trim pot on the switch in the cavity, it seems to be set low and adds a subtle midrangy grunt and thickness. Almost couldn't tell a difference at first but after getting used to the sound it does add something.

The whole pickup setup in that guitar wouldn't have been my first choice but I also wasn't mad about getting a set of Duncans in the guitar. The single coils hum like regular single coils, Duncan says the Blackouts don't hum which is odd, maybe they are a older iteration. The wiring definitely looks like a pro did it, very clean. Also it seems to have nice CTS pots, smooth through the whole range of adjustment.

Once I get all the bridge, frets and nut sorted, I will probably swap out the pickups.

Attachments

• 20231013_002955.jpg
    20231013_002955.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

ScatteredDimension

Sixstring Regular
Reaction score
+1. Sitting here playing mine - a bridge/pickup change makes is as good as anything you can buy now.
Btw how's the neck on these? Somewhere it said it is a "low profile neck" 17mm thick.

I had a professional fusion and the upper fret access was actually very good for a dinky since it was more shaved (the body) than the later MIJ dinkys, for example my DK2T. I guess these have the same type neck joint?

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Btw how's the neck on these? Somewhere it said it is a "low profile neck" 17mm thick.

I had a professional fusion and the upper fret access was actually very good for a dinky since it was more shaved (the body) than the later MIJ dinkys, for example my DK2T. I guess these have the same type neck joint?
Mine's 18mm at the nut, so that sounds about right. Shape is somewhere between a C and a D - not as D as a RG but less C than an '80s Soloist. Access is very good, it does have all the same scallops and neck joint as the Pro Fusions, except mine doesn't have the top scallop because it's got the maple top (no arm contour, either.)

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score

Reversed headstock, ash body, 24.75in scale, non-recessed trem. Someone should buy this so I have a chance of buying it from the classifieds in a few years :lol:

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Reversed headstock, ash body, 24.75in scale, non-recessed trem. Someone should buy this so I have a chance of buying it from the classifieds in a few years :lol:
Those are pretty cool, but I could do without the 3 color burst.

jco5055

Reaction score
I'm somewhat interested to see what Jackson does in 2024 for the Concept/Wildcard/MIJ lines, I think they've been shockingly good for the "lower" price points but I hope they do a 25.5" 7 string, seems like they are going 26.5" straight 7 scale.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm somewhat interested to see what Jackson does in 2024 for the Concept/Wildcard/MIJ lines, I think they've been shockingly good for the "lower" price points but I hope they do a 25.5" 7 string, seems like they are going 26.5" straight 7 scale.
No one bought the 25.5" 7 strings that no one ever had in stock, so clearly they don't sell. :lol:

Honestly, I don't know what Jackson is thinking with 7s. Even at 26.5" the DK Moderns were really good, but no one wants that fuckin' terrible green/black finish as the only choice.