John Petrucci and the Music Man Majesty

• Thread starter Black Mamba
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I hope whoever the good people that wire guitars over at EBMM got a raise :lol:

a8ubupa5.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

geese_com

Reaction score
Not a fan of the shape, but it sounded great when I saw them live a couple weeks ago.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
I like it! Or at least I like it as much as I like any good guitar. I wish my JPX7 had a tilt back headstock and if the 24th fret is truly accessible than that is a huge plus. The Jackson B8 is the only guitar I've ever played where you can keep the same hand position and play at the 24th fret. If this guitar feels the same than that is a huge plus! I like the new pickup selector and the recessed knobs as well. I'm willing to bet the overall feel of the guitar body is similar to the Ibanez S Series which is a good thing in my book.

Overall, if its a good guitar, it will sell, and Music Man makes good guitars. :cool:

Lastly, someone suggested the left hand version should be called "Ytse Jam" and I completely agree. :yesway:

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
I hated it before I saw him play with it. It looks better when being played.

That being said, I wish the shovel wasn't there and that the headstock was a little more modern looking.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
I dunno if this is cheating, but I think the black one is absolute sex for a black guitar.

KfQRYkE.jpg

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
The black one is the only one I honestly find that appealing. And I still probably wouldn't buy one knowing full well I could just get another one of the models that I like better :lol:

Jzbass25

Reaction score
It looks better being played but that upper horn seems huge and I wish they'd just paint the whole thing in those really nice colors it already comes with, without the stupid shovel of carbon fiber.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
I think I would be a fan if they made a matte black one without being able to see the shovel-shaped puzzle piece in the middle.

Though if they tilted the headstock back on a normal old JP7, I would never buy one of these.

I hope the tilted back headstocks catch on. It's my only real pet-peeve with EBMM guitars.

SavM

Reaction score
Hmm I kind of dig it, I think with different paint options it will look great. Get rid of that middle cap tbh, somewhat reminds me of the Horizon III which is no bad thing at all.
download.blog

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
These instruments are growing on me...

like a tumour...but a good kind of tumour!

Schaug

Reaction score
When I first saw it I hated it but now.... I seem to LOVE IT! Majesty really does it for me. But then, I'm soo indecisive and have no personality whatsoever XD :wavey:

Srsly, it is kind of growing on me...

Herrick

Hello Mangs
Reaction score
It's pretty ugly. Those short, fat, Fender-like headstocks look bad enough on his other guitars but they look even worse on this one. That being said, I can't imagine that body looking much better with a more fitting headstock.

I'm sure he sounds great on it. I can't view the video because I am at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.