Karnivool Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter YYZ2112
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bhakan

Reaction score
i've only heard a few songs by karnivool a while ago, and remember loving them.

should get back into them. anyone have any recommendations? stuff i'm into are:
devin townsend
nevermore
a perfect circle/tool
etc
Listen to their most recent album Sound Awake. It is amazing. If you like Tool/APC, I expect you would like it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bigswifty

Reaction score
i've only heard a few songs by karnivool a while ago, and remember loving them.

should get back into them. anyone have any recommendations? stuff i'm into are:
devin townsend
nevermore
a perfect circle/tool
etc

If you're asking if you should get into Karnivool, the answer is fuck yea!

I've never really been a fan of their debut EP, but I can say I've listened hundreds of times to their 2 LP's:

Their first LP "Themata" is a pretty killer CD. Great for road tunes and rockin' out. I'd recommend Cote, Shutterspeed, Mauseum, and Fear of the Sky.

Their second LP "Sound Awake" is a phenomenal album that really shows off how the band has evolved since Themata (though it was roughly an 8 year gap IIRC :lol:).
I'd listen to the album as a whole, but if you prefer to check tracks out first go for Goliath, Simple Boy, All I Know, New Day, Umbra and Deadman :agreed:

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
Frak yeah Karnivool!

Still, Change Pt. 1 remains my favourite song by them. Was slightly miffed Part 2 didn't sound too similar-top class band though!

zuzek

Reaction score
I sincerely hope this new song is the guys messing about. It's the single most awful song I've heard this year (in serious music, Minaj and Bieberstuffs need not apply) and it easily achieves that dubious honour.

Le Awful.

Metalma5ness

doesn'towna7string
Reaction score

bhakan

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of The Refusal. It isn't terrible, but it doesn't live up to the (admittedly ridiculously high) standard I expect from Karnivool. It has some cool moments, but overall I'm not digging it.

I'm pretty sure it is a B-side though, so it didn't even make the cut for the album, so hopefully I like the rest of the album better.

IAMLORDVADER

progressive insanity
Reaction score
Really interested in hearing the album after this. I think it's going to be their heaviest yet going from The Refusal and that tunings list

kastenfrog

Reaction score
if you followed karnivool, you would already know this song. its been played live for more than a year. i absolutely love the song but i'm very irritated by this version considering the mixing/quality.
and everyone is saying something different. some say it's a demo, some say it's a b-side and some that it is one of the 6 tracks. where the hell do they have the informationa about the 6 tracks from?? i remember a facebook post of them saying "4 songs done, 6 to go" or something like that. karnivool better make a statement :D

bhakan

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of The Refusal. It isn't terrible, but it doesn't live up to the (admittedly ridiculously high) standard I expect from Karnivool. It has some cool moments, but overall I'm not digging it.

I'm pretty sure it is a B-side though, so it didn't even make the cut for the album, so hopefully I like the rest of the album better.
Ok, so to add to my first post, I don't know where I heard it was a B-side (I thought it was on Karnivool's facebook but I was wrong), so it may very well be on the album.

Also, it has definitely grown on me. I wasn't a huge fan of it from the live videos, but as I've listened to it more it is growing on me.

IAMLORDVADER

progressive insanity
Reaction score
Ok, so to add to my first post, I don't know where I heard it was a B-side (I thought it was on Karnivool's facebook but I was wrong), so it may very well be on the album.

Also, it has definitely grown on me. I wasn't a huge fan of it from the live videos, but as I've listened to it more it is growing on me.

On the link from my post on the last page it says its a B-side