Kiesel Plugin (Not Amps)

• Thread starter Zado
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Talk to people. Most people I know who only use the internet is for social media, or shopping on Amazon. Gamers and people who work at home are not the norm. I know tons of people who no longer have computers.

How many people have you tried to help with thier resume, or online school work, and they try to do it with thier phone? I have seen this a ton.
your anecdotes are worthless without meaningful data to back it up. Or, I dunno, literally any data at all.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
I think it's a different use case mostly. Silent practice is something a lot of folks find appealing, and for those who record or play over backing tracks it's very convenient. I definitely fall in the latter.

I mean, I bought a Suhr RL/IR so I could mess around with my real amps without shaking the house, have some digital gear, and *gasp* a couple plug-ins and they all inspire different things.
Obviously it is more convenient than using a MG15 with a Metal Zone, with headphones plugged into the front of the amp. That is how it was in the past. The technology has allowed us to move beyond that. I think the plugins are better in those cases.

I have software, and find it useful in many cases. However, it is always a compromise on tone and feel. I also have tons of digital gear that I love. I just think when you add headphones or monitors, you are compromising tone and feel for convenience. It is no longer "great". It is "good" for some reason/excuse.

Shask

Reaction score
your anecdotes are worthless without meaningful data to back it up. Or, I dunno, literally any data at all.
If you want to be an academic type, then do some research. I don't personally get on SSO to write disertations.

I can only tell you what I witness day to day by seeing people, social media posts, etc... the "data" is experience.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Obviously it is more convenient than using a MG15 with a Metal Zone, with headphones plugged into the front of the amp. That is how it was in the past. The technology has allowed us to move beyond that. I think the plugins are better in those cases.

I have software, and find it useful in many cases. However, it is always a compromise on tone and feel. I also have tons of digital gear that I love. I just think when you add headphones or monitors, you are compromising tone and feel for convenience. It is no longer "great". It is "good" for some reason/excuse.

I mean, I'd love a live drummer at my every beck and call, but I'll settle for headphones. :lol:

For my use case working "in the box" so to speak is really the only option that's ideal.

I still turn up big speakers from time to time, but playing live is just so seldom these days.

I really don't like just noodling without other instruments, to me that's just "okay", not even "good", and surely not "great."

Shask

Reaction score
I mean, I'd love a live drummer at my every beck and call, but I'll settle for headphones. :lol:

For my use case working "in the box" so to speak is really the only option that's ideal.

I still turn up big speakers from time to time, but playing live is just so seldom these days.

I really don't like just noodling without other instruments, to me that's just "okay", not even "good", and surely not "great."
If I play along with music, then I am fine with that. Tone and feel don't matter much when playing along with recordings.

I rarely play along with music these days. I know some people only like to play in a band, or with other instruments. I just don't care about that anymore.

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
Just to get my takes out there: I always shutdown my computer when I'm done, or at least put it to sleep. Most people have some old laptop laying around, but mainly use their phones.

On Kiesel, love their guitars, have 3, every Kiesel I've played was nice. No other thoughts about the company.

On this plugin: meh. It seems fine, but not enough for me to pay.

On plugins in general: they sound great and are especially useful for recording. I mainly use Helix Native but have been messing with NAM a lot lately. However, even if I can run at 64 bits or less, there's still some latency that I can't not notice. That's why I love my HX Stomp so much: all the digital goodies with no noticeable latency. I could live with only plugins if I had to though.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
If you want to be an academic type, then do some research. I don't personally get on SSO to write disertations.

I can only tell you what I witness day to day by seeing people, social media posts, etc... the "data" is experience.
nah you made an insane bullshit statement of opinion as if it were a fact, it's on you to back it up or admit you're full of shit

Shask

Reaction score
nah you made an insane bullshit statement of opinion as if it were a fact, it's on you to back it up or admit you're full of shit
I am not trying to prove the Theory of Relativity here. I am just saying this is a common thing. If you chose to not consider that, then you are the one that needs to look around. If every single person around you owns computers, then you live in a much more materialistic place than I do.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I am not trying to prove the Theory of Relativity here. I am just saying this is a common thing. If you chose to not consider that, then you are the one that needs to look around. If every single person around you owns computers, then you live in a much more materialistic place than I do.
glad we can agree you're full of it:

Your original BS in case you forgot:
The majority of people don't even own computers these days. They use thier phones for everything.

Shask

Reaction score
Just to get my takes out there: I always shutdown my computer when I'm done, or at least put it to sleep. Most people have some old laptop laying around, but mainly use their phones.

On Kiesel, love their guitars, have 3, every Kiesel I've played was nice. No other thoughts about the company.

On this plugin: meh. It seems fine, but not enough for me to pay.

On plugins in general: they sound great and are especially useful for recording. I mainly use Helix Native but have been messing with NAM a lot lately. However, even if I can run at 64 bits or less, there's still some latency that I can't not notice. That's why I love my HX Stomp so much: all the digital goodies with no noticeable latency. I could live with only plugins if I had to though.
I am starting to realize I need to stay out of these conversations. I must be out of touch, lol.

Apparently everyone these days live in a closet and has no space for gear, and that closet is outside a daycare, because anything over whisper volume is too loud.

I would MUCH prefer playing a Fractal into a cab and poweramp than a plugin. Best collection of compromises.

Shask

Reaction score

The first link is only 18-29 year Olds, and is only 10,000 respondent's. That is a lack of data to prove anything. The second link goes back to 2008, which is pre-phone takeover.

And a household having a computer doesn't prove people use them. I bet they would have 4 phones to every laptop in that situation.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Is this how bassists feel with all those bass plugins around? :erk:
I was a bassist before being a guitarist, and this is how bass plugins make me feel.

As if any of us here actually turn off our PC's and monitors.
I turn my PCs off when they aren't in use. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe that's just a sign that I'm old enough to remember PCs meaningfully slowing down and getting janky if you left them on forever.

Shask

Reaction score

80% of users use Facebook by mobile, yet only 1.5% only use a desktop.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Having space and freedom of volume is very different than living materialistically.

Yeah, but isn't owning a bunch of loud amps for the sake of it also materialistic?

Honestly, I think I have more invested in cables than the two computers I own. :lol:

Shask

Reaction score
Yeah, but isn't owning a bunch of loud amps for the sake of it also materialistic?

Honestly, I think I have more invested in cables than the two computers I own. :lol:
No one said a bunch of loud amps. You only need one that you are happy with.

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
Apparently everyone these days live in a closet and has no space for gear, and that closet is outside a daycare, because anything over whisper volume is too loud.

I would MUCH prefer playing a Fractal into a cab and poweramp than a plugin. Best collection of compromises
I think this forum skews younger, so people who live with parents, in dorms, or in smaller apartments are prevalent.

I started coming here as a teenager. I'm in my 30s now and still have two 4x12s setup in the basement with my gear, but I also have kids sleeping upstairs so I can't crank it too often.

Luckily my Crown poweramp sounds great at not disturb the family volumes, but I probably play through my monitors 60-70% of the time. I recommend the modeler into cab setup all the time though, very few compromises as you say.