Kinda NGD - Kramer Baretta Special

JK-PA

Reaction score
Today I got my Kramer Baretta Special back from my guitar tech, he put on a new neck and installed a Floyd Rose, since the guitar originally came with a vintage tremolo.

Before:
KPBSBKCT1-Finish-Shot.jpg

(I don't have any ok pics from before, so here you go with a product pic.)

AFTER:
cache_36621369.jpg

CjRTQW5.jpg
8miImrU.jpg
TJ8OKzk.jpg

AUHm2Ed.jpg

Waaaaay better, right?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

primitiverebelworld

Reaction score
Yeah! Like another instrument altogether! Not so much into kramers but black body-maple fretboard=always win. Since I saw that esp M-II years ago.

NotDonVito

molesta la breastas
Reaction score
Badass man! I've got the same ax in white and was going to do some minor mods myself(black hardware, new pickup, stuff like that), but you took it to another level.

JK-PA

Reaction score
Real neck? Or replica?

I wanted to get a real one, but didn't find anything that was what I wanted or that was in my price range.
So I went with some pretty cheap left handed neck from china.

Badass man! I've got the same ax in white and was going to do some minor mods myself(black hardware, new pickup, stuff like that), but you took it to another level.

That was my original plan too, I just wanted to install a Floyd and change the hardware color etc, but I fucked up the neck, so I took the chance to finally get myself a full maple neck and get it done by a guitar tech, who did an awesome job.

Reaction score
I've been wanting this done to mine! I have a Kramer baretta special in red... It's more of a pink red. Anyway - - I've been looking at a cheap locking tremolo on ebay and thinking about seeing if a guitar tech could install it for me. Did your tech have to build a shelf for the locking nut or anything like I've seen on another forum?

JK-PA

Reaction score
On the original neck you need to build some kind of shelf for the locking nut, yes. Should be no problem tho.
This neck already had one, since it was made for FR.

Reaction score
Thanks for replying! So, I found a cheap tremolo on ebay, should I get it, or would you recommend a floyd rose special, or....?... Not sure what to do, just would like to upgrade this affordable guitar and mod it without spending a fortune.

Reaction score
On the original neck you need to build some kind of shelf for the locking nut, yes. Should be no problem tho.
This neck already had one, since it was made for FR.
Would a guitar tech build the shelf, or would I have to provide the materials, or.... How would that work? (Sorry for asking so many questions, I've never done this, and never had a guitar with a Floyd Rose before!) I'm just excited, and want to find a cheap way to upgrade and customize my guitar.

JK-PA

Reaction score
Thanks for replying! So, I found a cheap tremolo on ebay, should I get it, or would you recommend a floyd rose special, or....?... Not sure what to do, just would like to upgrade this affordable guitar and mod it without spending a fortune.

Get an original FR, it's more expensive but you will be happier with it in the end.

That looks badass! Love the look of quad humb. How does it sound?

The QuadRails are awesome imo, even tho nobody else seems to like them.
They have really high output and seem to be kinda bass "boosted". Other than that they have a great clarity.
Maybe I will have some time this weekend to record a small sound demo for them, if you are interested.

Would a guitar tech build the shelf, or would I have to provide the materials, or.... How would that work? (Sorry for asking so many questions, I've never done this, and never had a guitar with a Floyd Rose before!) I'm just excited, and want to find a cheap way to upgrade and customize my guitar.

Every tech works different, I guess but normally you would provide the guitar and the parts you want to have added/build in and he will do the work.
To install the locking nut on the neck he will have to sand down the part where the nut sits and make a flat space for it.
After that he will have to put something under the locking nut to raise it up a bit, my tech told me there are pre-made parts for it, otherwiese I saw people who glued a piece of wood under it.
Just ask the tech and you guys will figure something out.