Limited Edition BOSS 50th Anniversary Pedals

• Thread starter rexbinary
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rexbinary

The MOD King!
Reaction score
b50a-pedals.jpg

In celebration of our milestone 50th anniversary, BOSS has unveiled a trio of collectible, limited-edition versions of our most popular and influential compact pedals. The DS-1 Distortion (DS-1-B50A), SD-1 Super Overdrive (SD-1-B50A), and BD-2 Blues Driver (BD-2-B50A) offer a host of unique commemorative features and have been produced in strictly limited numbers, with just 7,000 units available worldwide.

I'm waiting for the extra super deluxe Waza versions myself.

EDIT: Prices are actually not too bad. $82.99 USD for the SD-1 and DS-1, $109.90 for the BD-2.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Compared to the 40th anniversary stuff these pedals are positively affordable

To be fair, the 50th anniversaries are popular flagship models tarted up and given new hats. That 40th box set are reissues of the first 3 Boss pedals ever made in their standard housing. And the price is semi justified when 2 of them are desirable and one was completely forgotten by everyone.

broj15

Reaction score
Yawn. Call me when they do a proper reissue of the FZ2.

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
To be fair, the 50th anniversaries are popular flagship models tarted up and given new hats. That 40th box set are reissues of the first 3 Boss pedals ever made in their standard housing. And the price is semi justified when 2 of them are desirable and one was completely forgotten by everyone.
Okay Boss employee........I keed I keed

Sure, I get it. It's just funny is all.

0rimus

Reaction score
Well, on the off chance there IS a Boss employee in here somewhere...

I want blacked out versions of the MD-2, XT-2, and DS-2.

I know the hideous bright orange and red boxes are iconic for Boss distortions. But the 40th Anniversary DS-1 was done up in HM-2 color scheme. And that was the coolest shit ever.

Do more of that 👍

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I know the hideous bright orange and red boxes are iconic for Boss distortions. But the 40th Anniversary DS-1 was done up in HM-2 color scheme. And that was the coolest shit ever.

As someone who adores the little orange box, I'll be happy to have any iteration of the DS1.

And I'm actually glad some else other than me wants to see the Xtortion revived in some form. :lol:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Heh. I think the SD-1 in gold looks killer and belongs even more into a Marshall rig. in fact, I'm getting one for a friend's birthday and I'm sure he'll love it.

rexbinary

The MOD King!
Reaction score
Heh. I think the SD-1 in gold looks killer and belongs even more into a Marshall rig. in fact, I'm getting one for a friend's birthday and I'm sure he'll love it.
I ordered one for me. I haven't owned an SD-1 before, and I have been trying to decide between the original and the waza for a long time. So, I just went with this one.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
I just ordered the DS--1. Always wanted to get my hands on one so why not a fancy looking one. It's only £20 more than the standard and near £30 less than the Waza version.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
So my DS-1 arrived today. Out the box, looks very pretty. Like a muscle car metallic orange, gold topped knobs and a silver screw for the battery compartment. This is my first experience with a DS-1 and I love the tone it gives. I can see why Satriani used one so much for his lead tones once upon a time.