Line 6 Helix Megathread - 2.80 update

• Thread starter demorior
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Poltergeist

Reaction score
I like that there is actually a power switch on the floor model version of this. If they nail custom IR loading, then they deserve a cookie on this one. However, for $1,500 I hope for a drastic change in sound quality/tweak-ability compared to the HD series.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
I like that there is actually a power switch on the floor model version of this. If they nail custom IR loading, then they deserve a cookie on this one. However, for $1,500 I hope for a drastic change in sound quality/tweak-ability compared to the HD series.

Agreed, and I get the impression that will be the route that has been taken. Its the new flagship model and clearly they have been working on this for some time.

Everything so far looks flawless. I expect Axe FX like levels of tweak ability tbh.

mikah912

Reaction score
It's new algorithms and dual-DSP chips running everything, so this should have exactly "jack" and "...." in common with the previous POD lines.

demorior

Reaction score
wondering if I'll be able to use my 500x as a foot controller
if i use the rack version

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
EQ effects will still be in %. lol and 5 band graphic eq. Hope they do a real 10 band at least.

but this is veeery interesting. competing with fractal ax8 which will probably be at $1999.

wakjob

Reaction score
I wonder how much of a hand Yamaha had in the development process?

mikah912

Reaction score
The Sweetwater/Musicians Friend copy mentions that they have 45 distinct amp models to begin with, so assuming that these aren't "Super HDDDDDDD" versions of the existing HD lineup plus a handful of new ones....they should have almost all of the possible ground you need covered from the jump.

declol

Reaction score
about damn time! it looks amazing too.

this is a gamechanger purely because that $1500 will turn into a much smaller number over time

demorior

Reaction score
about damn time! it looks amazing too.

this is a gamechanger purely because that $1500 will turn into a much smaller number over time

absolutely. can't wait to pick one up when one of you guys lists it in the classifieds for $1200 later this year ;)

0rimus

Reaction score
I've had a POD HD bean with the mk. II floorboard, and it does leads, cleans, and any kind of crazy sounds or fx heavy parts really well

But not rhythm, which is 90% of what I do. Tried for years to milk that thing for a basic rhythm tone I could write songs with and couldn't do it

Fix that and I'm on board. Probably.

Maybe

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
About time they release something high end again. I've been hoping they would do something like this for a while. It certainly looks very swish, hopefully it sounds good too. Can't wait to see and hear more.

Fingers crossed for a remastered Big Bottom.

Their site is basically unusable though.

Sumsar

Reaction score
So going to the link to check the helix and well, either they don't really know how to sell stuff to serious guitar players or they are trying to market this to the same people that buy the pod hd stuff.

They go on and on and on both in the video and on the site about how many stupid functions they have put into it - I mean why would I ever wanna program it with my ....ing feet????? They mention that it does the IR cab loading, but that is the closets they get to discuss the only thing that really matters: does it feel and sound good? I don't need 32 delays before and after the amp - I just want something that sounds like an actually ....ing amp! Focus on the important stuff ffs!

Well guess time and people of this forum will tell if it is any good - apparantly they forgot to tell us about that themselves.

Edit: Oh and yeah, they are going full Fractal retard on this one and are selling a foot controller for only 499 - it doesn't even have an expression pedal on it! I.e. the behringer fcb1010 which can be found using for 50 - 100 bucks used will be a better controller! I wonder if they will also charge 25$ for a software editor for the darn thing?

4Eyes

Reaction score
all nice, but I think that it's a bit late....few years..

mongey

Reaction score
but does it Djent !!!???

looks cool. all those lights and screens are impressive . I'm not in the market for it but will be interested to hear the reaction when it hits the streets

I did lol in the vid "it loads user IR's " wow . only 5 years late for that feature

Latest posts