Purelojik

Reaction score
The Epic model is my new favorite. I made a new tone that I'm in love with! I've only tried it with my d-activator 8's, but I'm quite sure it will sound great with my crunch labs as well.

And since no one has posted any samples of the Epic, here you go!! A riff I just came up with for a song I'm working on. Southern Comfort Breakdown by RickyCigs on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

hey dude can i try this patch? it sounds pretty good. wanna see if it sounds similar with my rig. i'll send some patches your way to try out for sharing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
On a side note, i finally tried moving everything to path A and muting path B as well as moving my eq's before the mixer last night. Seems to have made a difference for the better. I don't get the flubby bass response that I had come to assume was just my small pa speaker. Good find on that one.

It is weird, isn't it? That is what I was saying on the last page.... It is like the mixer "smears" the low end for some reason.

JoshuaKaroshi

Karoshi
Reaction score
I would, I find I have to use the XXL cab to get a realistic bass response live, but that can be utterly overwhelming when recording.

I do this to an extent. Whenever I'm running my PRO in stack power amp mode through my 212 I have a few tones with no cab sims running. For recording I have a separate patch bay for studio/direct mode.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
hey dude can i try this patch? it sounds pretty good. wanna see if it sounds similar with my rig. i'll send some patches your way to try out for sharing.

Certainly! I'm always willing to share my patches. I'll hopefully get it uploaded on the customtone site when I get off work and I'll post it here.

Zei

Reaction score
How do ya'll get that "big" tone? All of mine, even after double or quad tracking, still sound sickeningly thin. Not bad, but there's just no body behind it.

TallestFiddle

Reaction score
Meambobo's patches helped me out a ton. They've given me new pride in the POD HD. This thing is a very nice piece of hardware for how much it costs.

Kidneythief

Reaction score
Here is a cover video I did using the HD500.

Clean: SLO 100 clean
Distorted parts: Treadplate combined with Line6 Doom

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
How do ya'll get that "big" tone? All of mine, even after double or quad tracking, still sound sickeningly thin. Not bad, but there's just no body behind it.

What are some of your basic settings? I've started only doing a left and right track and can still get a full, beefy tone. I don't think any of my tracks sound thin at all.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Solo Overdrive, Y U NO GIVE ME A GOOD TONE? I'm sad :( I'll keep using the Engl...

It gives an amazing tone depending on what your doing with it. It has a ton of miss and they're in a different place than the fireball. Try using the epic if you want something besides the engl. it has a lot of similarities and even more djent/crispness dare I say it.

Try it at master 100 sag/bias 0 drive at 10% with a screamer in front level at 90 and drive at 10%

Or wait until I post my patch in a couple hours.

TallestFiddle

Reaction score

I would read through this thread and find Meambobo's posts, he gives a lot of good information about the POD, and he has his patches on his site. They're all really good, and they can give you a starting point to get that tone you're looking for.

jam3v

wat
Reaction score
I had the same experience with downloaded patches. Remember, everyone's setup is different (guitars, room, speakers, headphones, etc), so the best thing to do is jump into making your own patch.

Luckily the Line 6 GUI is really freaking straight forward. I ended up creating a patch i'm REALLY happy with and strangely doesn't have that characteristic Line 6 fuzz / noise that ruins most patches.

What really made my patch start to sound really good was the addition of an EQ and lots of tweaking around the high/low pass to make the bass tight and the highs not fizzy/grainy.

I'll post my patch up later, but I'm sure no one will like it ;)

Shask

Reaction score
Solo Overdrive, Y U NO GIVE ME A GOOD TONE? I'm sad :( I'll keep using the Engl...
Funny as I have never really gotten along with the Engl.... I was actually trying last night and I still cant really get into it on the HD or the Axe-FX. :scratch:

The SLO isnt my favorite, but I have gotten some OK tones running the gain about half and then boosting with something.

Shask

Reaction score
I recently started always running an EQ after the amp to crank the bass way up. That may not be too popular on this board, but it makes it sound way better to me for getting that big sound like you would get out of an amp in your room. Some may say that makes it sound muddy, but I don't care :fawk: Sounds better to me on my HD and Axe-FX.

Put the Parametric EQ after the amp an crank the bass knob until you have fullness you want, and stop before it starts getting overbearing....

Purelojik

Reaction score

try using the mid focus or vintage pre just before the amp. dont tweak any settings unless you know what your doing. i just put it there and leave it when i want some beef

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
Yeah all the patches ive downloaded were total garbage. Like i said its going to take a lot of work and time to get my tones where i want them but i know ill be able to. Im not really the best at dialing in tones but ive only gotten one i was satisfied with. But later when i came back i didnt like it anymore so ill have to keep working on that one. I found one that was supposed to be a john petrucci tone and the distortion sounds really good but the level is extremely low and has a lot of mud and noise. Im going to see what i can do with the amp settings he used because i havent ever played with things other than the regular EQ and gain etc.