RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Can someone please give me feedback on my main patch? I keep trying to get it to sound more life like, this is what I've got. I use Seymour Duncan JB's and an Alto 115a. It's kind of a djent/death metal tone. Think Ola/Keith. I find they'll always have an inherent Digital quality, but I think this is as close to the real thing as it'll get. If not someone please give me some tips on how I can improve it. I was thinking about using 2 amps at the same time but I can't figure out how >:| http://line6.com/customtone/tone/221658/

Highlight your amp model on your unit, click on the move button them press right. It will open up the second path.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I know this is probably old news for most of you, but I have just recently discovered the possibility to record a DI signal simultaneously along with my patch-signal using a dual tone patch on my HD 500.
Tried it for the first time today and it works like a charm!
I had already been considering getting an HD pro for its dry-out but now that I can basically do the same on my HD500 I am a happy camper.
Only with dual amp patches this will not work, of course, but most of my patches are non-dual amp patches!

sevenstringj

Banned
Reaction score
I know this is probably old news for most of you, but I have just recently discovered the possibility to record a DI signal simultaneously along with my patch-signal using a dual tone patch on my HD 500.
Tried it for the first time today and it works like a charm!
I had already been considering getting an HD pro for its dry-out but now that I can basically do the same on my HD500 I am a happy camper.
Only with dual amp patches this will not work, of course, but most of my patches are non-dual amp patches!

Are you saying it's possible to have a direct out with the built-in cab sim and an amp out without the cab sim at the same time? And how do you say that you use a dual tone patch for this and then say it doesn't work for dual amp patches??? :scratch:

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Are you saying it's possible to have a direct out with the built-in cab sim and an amp out without the cab sim at the same time? And how do you say that you use a dual tone patch for this and then say it doesn't work for dual amp patches??? :scratch:

What I did is this:

I made a dual amp patch where one signal path has the FX and the amp model I want and the other path I left completely blank.

Then I panned each signal path in the mixer section 100% L and 100% R.

I connected my HD500 with two cables (L and R) into the L and R line inputs of my audio interface (Line 6 UX2), and in my DAW (Cubase) I routed the signal to two mono tracks on which I recorded simultaneously. :yesway:

This way I got two tracks, one has the patch-signal and the other has the dry DI signal that I can use for re-amping or for a amp/cab sim.

For a 'real' dual amp patch (a patch where I use different amp models on each signal path) this won't work because you need one signal path to remain blank for the DI-signal.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Guys a slight problem, I have the new models but POD HD Edit doesn't seem to have registered them in its drop-down menus where you edit patches. Any thoughts? When I go through manually on the POD itself, while connected to Edit, the tone comes out right but in Edit it shows a blank.

Also, what are people's favourite djent patches? I am going to be writing a song in this much-maligned style and need something quick to sound the part.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Guys a slight problem, I have the new models but POD HD Edit doesn't seem to have registered them in its drop-down menus where you edit patches. Any thoughts? When I go through manually on the POD itself, while connected to Edit, the tone comes out right but in Edit it shows a blank.

Also, what are people's favourite djent patches? I am going to be writing a song in this much-maligned style and need something quick to sound the part.

Easy: update HD Edit.

Paolosev91

Reaction score
I'll repost here since I had no reply about it...

I am thinking that maybe the input2: variax works but actually sends an half signal to the pod! I am not a master in electronics but I think that there is a difference in dynamics between:
1) half signal (guitar+variax) + eq boost to achieve the same input level (meambobbo's method) and
2) full signal (guitar+same) without boost!

I happened to think this because of the pod signal routing:
if I want to play guitar and bass on the same patch, I have to divide the path with 2 amps.
Using regular routing (guitar+aux(bass)) I will have the same guitar level pushing my amp, so my path A amp reacts as it should.
Now here's POD scheme:
guit+variax amp in pre: low signal
guit+variax amp path A: normal signal
guit+same amp in pre: normal signal
guit+same amp path A: normal signal. (so that you can use 2 instruments or 2 amps being fed with the right guitar level)
That's why Line6 leaves "same" as default! I'm pretty sure that the pod was designed to be used in that way if you are using a single amp! (the amp in path A introduces a slight delay, that you can hear comparing patches as you play)
meambobbo said that there are phase problems in the doubled guitar signal, and I'm sure he can prove it. But I think that with "same" you only have a double amplitude signal hitting the amp in pre and not to signals interfering with each other and creating odd effects.
However, my analysis doesn't solve the clipping problems! You always have to reduce gain before some effects such as screamers, than boost it again... and you have to do it more often while using "same". But I think it leaves more dynamics and amp feel than the variax setting. Listen to any amp sample on youtube that provides knob settings, then recreate that sound with a signle amp in pre patch. You can achieve that sound immediately without boosting if you use the "input2: same" setting. that's how I think they designed the pod.

Static

Reaction score
Hey guys, has anyone ever used the Boss Gt-8 as midi controller for the Pod HD Pro?
if its possible, how do i exactly go about doing it ?

thanks.

JoshuaKaroshi

Karoshi
Reaction score

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
DID I NOT FUCKING TELL YOU?! :lol:

try the Classic Distortion with gain on half, output on full, bass and treble on full, and the filter knob to taste, pushing the Doom amp model. Seriously!
This! This! Great saturated Laneyish, Matampish toanz to be had. :metal:

SDSM

Reaction score
Anybody had any luck getting a nice tone for a LTD SC-607B with the Pod HD?

Leper

YAAARGH
Reaction score
Hey guys, has anyone ever used the Boss Gt-8 as midi controller for the Pod HD Pro?
if its possible, how do i exactly go about doing it ?

thanks.

Can any Pro users shed some light on this?