RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah all the patches ive downloaded were total garbage. Like i said its going to take a lot of work and time to get my tones where i want them but i know ill be able to. Im not really the best at dialing in tones but ive only gotten one i was satisfied with. But later when i came back i didnt like it anymore so ill have to keep working on that one. I found one that was supposed to be a john petrucci tone and the distortion sounds really good but the level is extremely low and has a lot of mud and noise. Im going to see what i can do with the amp settings he used because i havent ever played with things other than the regular EQ and gain etc.

try some of these. http://line6.com/customtone/profile/misterrick/ :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

surfthealien

Reaction score
worked a bunch more on the song i posted a clip of last night as well as changed the name.

feedback is appreciated. this is 100% the Epic model. the only thing ive noticed that i dont care for is that it seems to emphasize the sound of my fingers sliding on the strings. that could just be my technique on my 8 string though and the thickness/coarseness of the string.

Hailey's Milkshake (Brings The Metal) by RickyCigs on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I really enjoyed the the break down at the end! For the majority of the rhythm I have to say I prefer the tone you used on soggy. I tried to make a couple of epic patches I found that the gain has to be at damn near zero then boost with the line6 drive or screamer. Even then it has something I just don't like. It may be the distortion type itself. I do dig the riffage though for sure!

sawtoothscream

Reaction score
question about 500hd

k so I have a 6505+ and I lov ethe metal tones I get out of it, I really only want the 500 so i can use teh effects that are on it, make the cleans sound better and maybe make a few different metal tones ect... so anyway to make it so i can just use the effects and use te amp distortion? then switch to clean and run the 500hd clean patches?

surfthealien

Reaction score
yes and yes. use the 4 cable method for just effects. If you can dig up some inflames rig set ups. They did the 5150/pod for cleans.

biggness

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got a HD500 a few hours ago, and as an AxeFx owner, I must say I am impressed. For high gain tones, they aren't that far off, with some tweaking.

Here is the first patch I have made.

Any comments are welcomed. :yesway:

Can someone tell me how to do what Shask is talking about? I have no idea how to move the mixer to the end of the chain. :scratch:

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the the break down at the end! For the majority of the rhythm I have to say I prefer the tone you used on soggy. I tried to make a couple of epic patches I found that the gain has to be at damn near zero then boost with the line6 drive or screamer. Even then it has something I just don't like. It may be the distortion type itself. I do dig the riffage though for sure!

I think my preamp drive is only at about 10% really weird but as Bobbo stated before, the preamp distortion sucks. I wouldn't have even bothered using the epic if he and others didn't suggest the master at 100.

Soggy was a combo of f-ball/f-ball on the left and I think f-ball/über on the right. On my next track I'm gonna try mixing tones a little more again but still include the epic. Maybe an epic/über and f-ball/f-ball. I've been tweaking my Mesa patch a bit too lately. It's a little better than it was, but still not a favorite.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Does anybody of you have an idea how to get something similar to Bulb's lead tone on the HD500?

I will get toontracks new EXmix pack which had an amp sim with that lead tone, to get an idea what tone I mean, check out the audio demo called 'Misha Ampy Lead' on Toontracks page: Toontrack - Metal Guitar Gods EZmix Pack

If possible I would love to achieve a tone like that on the HD500, I just don't have a clue how to get there....

any tips/clues would be very much appreciated!

JLN RSR

Reaction score
Is there a way of achieving some sort of Orangey amp sound (high gain doom/sludge distortion) to run it through a preamp and then into a cab live? Since there is no real Orange amp sim on it, I am just curious, since I don't own any product of the HD-series.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Try the Hiwatt, Marshall and "Doom" models. You'll probably be able to tweak one of those to Orange-territory.

Shask

Reaction score
I just got a HD500 a few hours ago, and as an AxeFx owner, I must say I am impressed. For high gain tones, they aren't that far off, with some tweaking.

Here is the first patch I have made.

Any comments are welcomed. :yesway:

Can someone tell me how to do what Shask is talking about? I have no idea how to move the mixer to the end of the chain. :scratch:

How do you think they compare overall? I know I have been comparing them a lot lately.... And setting the HD500 up to control the Axe-fx.....

You can't really move the mixer, but what you do is move all the blocks after it to the left so that they are in between the amp and mixer on the top path. This makes the mixer last....

Zei

Reaction score

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Can someone please give me feedback on my main patch? I keep trying to get it to sound more life like, this is what I've got. I use Seymour Duncan JB's and an Alto 115a. It's kind of a djent/death metal tone. Think Ola/Keith. I find they'll always have an inherent Digital quality, but I think this is as close to the real thing as it'll get. If not someone please give me some tips on how I can improve it. I was thinking about using 2 amps at the same time but I can't figure out how >:| http://line6.com/customtone/tone/221658/

Zei

Reaction score
Alright, I'm having a hell of a time trying to EQ out the fizzy and boomy spots from my new patch. Any advice? And I'm using MeAmBobbo's guide... no luck. I can't seem to isolate the fizz. And I think the fizz changes pitch with me. Same with the boomy spots (you can hear both in the recording I posted earlier).