Reaction score
DID I NOT FUCKING TELL YOU?! :lol:

try the Classic Distortion with gain on half, output on full, bass and treble on full, and the filter knob to taste, pushing the Doom amp model. Seriously!

:D Thats why I tried it! Just gave the Classic Distortion a go too, sounds great.

I hope I dont start playing nothing but bongripper and electric wizard from now on :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
:D Thats why I tried it! Just gave the Classic Distortion a go too, sounds great.

I hope I dont start playing nothing but bongripper and electric wizard from now on :lol:

On my Ultimate Doom patch (childhood nostalgia reference! KAPOW!), i have the fuzz face and classic distortion in parallell feeding the Doom amp, and one footswitch turns them both off and turns on an octave fuzz that's in front of the split. Sounds filthy and horrible in the best of ways. It's the intro sound from this clip: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3782113/Line 6 Doom fixed.mp3

it sounds deeper for some reason, although the fuzz adds an UPPER octave, not a lower one. On the last playthrough after the long droning part, i activate an octave DOWN effect in the very front of the chain and play it all on one string. Sounds ridiculous.

JoshuaKaroshi

Karoshi
Reaction score
On my Ultimate Doom patch (childhood nostalgia reference! KAPOW!), i have the fuzz face and classic distortion in parallell feeding the Doom amp, and one footswitch turns them both off and turns on an octave fuzz that's in front of the split. Sounds filthy and horrible in the best of ways. It's the intro sound from this clip: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3782113/Line 6 Doom fixed.mp3

it sounds deeper for some reason, although the fuzz adds an UPPER octave, not a lower one. On the last playthrough after the long droning part, i activate an octave DOWN effect in the very front of the chain and play it all on one string. Sounds ridiculous.

Oh my god Kitten, that is so filthy! Good stuff man!:bowdown:

Purelojik

Reaction score
i find myself always going back to the F ball. perhaps I need to try the EPic and doom in a mix.

Kitten that is just disgustingly good..

Here's something i've attempted with an Fball and a Epic. (epic just gives the body. i barely have it dialed in)

Bass is done with DI, i like being able to shape the bass to the mix and cant get along with the flip top anymore.

Juggernaut v1 by SheHatesMyTie on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Tried a strange tuning. i think it was AADGAD all flat. so when i go back i'll use the 7 string as a layer.

Reaction score
I was curious if anyone knew what the biggest name artists are that use the current POD HD Pro or HD300/400/500 for their live rigs? And not just musicians that are sponsored and say they use them but musicians you actually saw using the gear or being told by reliable sources like close friends etc that they actually use it. Just wondering...

madrigal77

Reaction score
Picking up an HD300 for $130 on Thursday. I'll just be using it for effects. I could care less about the modelling.

I've heard they can be used as a recording interface. Does that mean I could just hook it up to my PC without it plugged into my amp, mic my amp, and run it into say, Reaper?

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Picking up an HD300 for $130 on Thursday. I'll just be using it for effects. I could care less about the modelling.

I've heard they can be used as a recording interface. Does that mean I could just hook it up to my PC without it plugged into my amp, mic my amp, and run it into say, Reaper?

Yes.

USB to PC and record away!

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
^Actually not a definite yes. The 300 doesn't have a mic input. If you have an adapter for 1/4" then maybe, I'd be curious to know if anyone has tried this. Also, you could only run effects that work after the amp.

madrigal77

Reaction score
^Actually not a definite yes. The 300 doesn't have a mic input. If you have an adapter for 1/4" then maybe, I'd be curious to know if anyone has tried this. Also, you could only run effects that work after the amp.
Effects after the amp? I don't really know what you mean by that. I was planning on using it for reverb, a bit of delay, the looper, and maybe some chorus. I figured for $130, it would be cheaper than getting those pedals separately, plus it might be fun to just play around with. I'm aware certain effects you can only use one of each type at once. I'm planning on just throwing it in the loop BTW.

Nialzzz

The Perseus Veil
Reaction score
This might be a completely random request but her goes.

Michael Keene has a lead patch up on line 6. Any chance I could get the details on the patch so I can transpose it to axe-edit for my ultra.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Effects after the amp? I don't really know what you mean by that. I was planning on using it for reverb, a bit of delay, the looper, and maybe some chorus. I figured for $130, it would be cheaper than getting those pedals separately, plus it might be fun to just play around with. I'm aware certain effects you can only use one of each type at once. I'm planning on just throwing it in the loop BTW.
I meant that if you're micing the amp the only effects you could have are delay or reverb, anything else is meant to hit the front of the amp and the 300 has no way of sending that. The limited in/out options will make it tricky to use as an interface in the way you described. It'll be great in the loop for effects though. :yesway:

Kristianx510

Reaction score
Quick question. Have you guys noticed differences when recording through USB and through an interface? I have only used USB, but Someone was telling me that putting the POD through an Interface is better.

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
The quality of the interface-recorded sound is based on the quality of the interface. If you are using a super-hyper-mega-cool interface, the Pod will probably sound better than through usb...

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score

DropTheSun

Reaction score
VOX AC30 is one of my favourite clean/crunchy amps in HD500! Nice sounding clip Friez!

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
The quality of the interface-recorded sound is based on the quality of the interface. If you are using a super-hyper-mega-cool interface, the Pod will probably sound better than through usb...

let's say that you have an M-Audio of around 100 bucks, do you think it would sound better than USB?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
let's say that you have an M-Audio of around 100 bucks, do you think it would sound better than USB?

Probably not, but it won't hurt to try. I sold my zoom R16 after I got my pod. I didn't notice it being any better or worse quality and it simplified things for me. The only thing that I'm missing now by selling it is clip led's, and the zoom only had one anyway. It wasn't a multi stage thing like the hd pro.