Santuzzo

Reaction score
For those interested in recording a wet and dry signal simultaneously with the HD500:

Initially I used the dual signal path method where I would use one signal path for the wet and the other for the dry signal. This worked fine but it's in so far a bit limiting as you can't you it for dual amp patches.

Over at the Line6 forum meambobo informed me about using the FX loop for getting a dry signal, so I tried that and it works very well.
The big advantage of that is that it lets you still use both signal paths for amps if you like!:yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
For those interested in recording a wet and dry signal simultaneously with the HD500:

Initially I used the dual signal path method where I would use one signal path for the wet and the other for the dry signal. This worked fine but it's in so far a bit limiting as you can't you it for dual amp patches.

Over at the Line6 forum meambobo informed me about using the FX loop for getting a dry signal, so I tried that and it works very well.
The big advantage of that is that it lets you still use both signal paths for amps if you like!:yesway:
I told you that like a week ago ;)

JoshuaKaroshi

Karoshi
Reaction score
Great tone , damn I can't open the patch with my hd500 , I've tried to convert the patch changing the R with 5 put but it doesnt work ... :wallbash:

RjOUh.png

hx6cU.png

LA85r.png

I hope this helps you man!

Also, thanks for all the kind words everybody. I tried to get the tone to sound as close to ola's 6505 play-through video.

:hbang:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Decent sounding and stock rga8 pickups don't belong in the same sentence. Get some new pickups and any patch will sound good. Some d-activator 8's for example. I love mine even more than ever recently and I know meambobbo really likes his.

The pickups are what separate the rga8 from the rg2228 the most.

RG8-- not RGA8.

JoshuaKaroshi

Karoshi
Reaction score
Well, I owned an RGA8 last year and the pickups were bad. Thats just a well known fact. Plus, I doubt the pickups in the RG8 would be any better considering the guitar is half the price as the RGA8...

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I've read reviews from folks on here saying they got usable tones from it using an HD500. I'm not working on half assed assumptions. Thanks for playing, though.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I owned an RGA8 last year and the pickups were bad. Thats just a well known fact. Plus, I doubt the pickups in the RG8 would be any better considering the guitar is half the price as the RGA8...

I'm quite positive that theyre the exact same pickups. The only difference besides the arch top is a low grade basswood body as opposed to the mahogany of the rga8. I kind of wish this was available when I bought my rga8 since I changed the pickups in the first week anyway...

Either way, they're shit. The only even half decent pickups I've ever seen that are actual ibanez pickups were in my rg927qm, and those are technically dimarzio anyway.

Spend the $200 on a set of pickups for the rg8. You'll thank me. The pod doesn't have enough available fx blocks to eq anything good out the the stock ones.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Also, speaking of ibanez 8 strings, here's another sample of mine including my rga8 with a mix of "5150" and the Epic tones.

My Beard Writes My Music

EDIT: I fixed the link to remove the mobile part. Probably annoys the people that only use actual computers and not their iphones....

JoshuaKaroshi

Karoshi
Reaction score
I'm quite positive that theyre the exact same pickups. The only difference besides the arch top is a low grade basswood body as opposed to the mahogany of the rga8. I kind of wish this was available when I bought my rga8 since I changed the pickups in the first week anyway...

Either way, they're shit. The only even half decent pickups I've ever seen that are actual ibanez pickups were in my rg927qm, and those are technically dimarzio anyway.

Spend the $200 on a set of pickups for the rg8. You'll thank me. The pod doesn't have enough available fx blocks to eq anything good out the the stock ones.

:yesway:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I don't need your pickup advice I have a plan for that already. If you don't have an answer for my original question we have nothing to discuss. I have already stated that I read from folks here specifically that they got good tones using an HD500. I'm looking to hear from those people.

Matt_D_

Reaction score
ok, Im eyeing off the HD500, couple of usage questions (couldn't find anything in the thread search).

What's the looper like? In terms of actually using it live? Straight forward? Decent?

Hows the patch switching? Can you easily navigate between full patches to avoid tap dancing? Is it instant?

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
I don't need your pickup advice I have a plan for that already. If you don't have an answer for my original question we have nothing to discuss. I have already stated that I read from folks here specifically that they got good tones using an HD500. I'm looking to hear from those people.

My RG8 should be arriving in a few days so my first order of business will be coming up with some good patches with the stock pickups.

I'll post both some direct patches and preamp based patches (since I'm playing through the DT25).:metal:

JoshuaKaroshi

Karoshi
Reaction score