This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MartinMTL

Reaction score
Quick question. Sorry, if I am reposting here (which I very well might be), but what good speakers could I get for live use for my POD HD PRO? I am looking at $500, but that might be too ambitious. I don't mind used stuff though, so that might narrow my search.

I know that QSC K12's have a good reputation, but that is out of my budget at the moment. So, suggestions?

TaylorMacPhail

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Quick question. Sorry, if I am reposting here (which I very well might be), but what good speakers could I get for live use for my POD HD PRO? I am looking at $500, but that might be too ambitious. I don't mind used stuff though, so that might narrow my search.

I know that QSC K12's have a good reputation, but that is out of my budget at the moment. So, suggestions?

I scored a Alto TS115A active monitor for $350 on ebay (music123) for my Pod HD Pro and I like it! 800 watts too.

ShadowAMD

Reaction score
Yeah you must :),

I'm after a pod for lead work.. Looking at the HD desktop, am I loosing out bar I/O on the HD500?

MartinMTL

Reaction score
Those are some nice tones man! Is it worth getting two though? To get a fuller sound? Or does one speaker get the job done. I am just thinking that if there wasn't a PA in a live environment, one speaker would sound kind of empty in a room setting.

DouglasAdams

Bearer of the Curse
Reaction score
Which would yield better results, recording my HD Pro direct USB or running it into my Lexicon Alpha, I ask because ever since swapping out my motherboard It's been unable to recognize the HD Pro (meaning any future firmware updates will be done elsewhere)

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Which would yield better results, recording my HD Pro direct USB or running it into my Lexicon Alpha, I ask because ever since swapping out my motherboard It's been unable to recognize the HD Pro (meaning any future firmware updates will be done elsewhere)

Probably the same.

Have you tried reinstalling? Redownloading the drivers and L6 Monkey?

Charlez

Reaction score
Those are some nice tones man! Is it worth getting two though? To get a fuller sound? Or does one speaker get the job done. I am just thinking that if there wasn't a PA in a live environment, one speaker would sound kind of empty in a room setting.

I've been using just this one at band practice and it works fine, but if there isn't a PA live then I think 2 might be better.

Here's that lead tone patch:
http://line6.com/customtone/profile/Charlesonaboat/

The clean one is just taken from the Chimp Spanner video.

PasIvre

Reaction score
Anyone have any tips as to what I should be doing to get something similar to the tone at the beginning of this video?

I realize a lot of the growliness is coming from the bass, but I can't seem to get anywhere near it regardless.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Almost ALL of the growliness is in the bass there actually. I would probably use one of the not-so-metal high gain models. The JCM800, Doom, Hiwatt, and MAYBE the Uber (which might be too "metal" in this case). It's mostly about twiddling the knobs until it sounds about right, as the guitar tone isn't very special. It's just a good distorted tone.

PasIvre

Reaction score
Almost ALL of the growliness is in the bass there actually. I would probably use one of the not-so-metal high gain models. The JCM800, Doom, Hiwatt, and MAYBE the Uber (which might be too "metal" in this case). It's mostly about twiddling the knobs until it sounds about right, as the guitar tone isn't very special. It's just a good distorted tone.
My problem was actually mostly trying to avoid stomping all over the growl coming from my fretless bass without ending up with a weird not-quite-distorted-not-quite-clean-not-really-crunch-either tone or something looser than an anorexic's old jeans (I probably could have worded my original post better in retrospect), because d-activators in a mahogany baritone growl like something that growls a lot (a pit bull in a metal band?). The doom and a few hours of tweaking turned out to be the solution, and I got a really cool fuzzy sdroner metal tone out of it in addition to the one I was trying to make, so I'm pretty stoked on that.