MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Use the Uberschall model, turn presence up to like 70-80% and mids to about 60-70%. Then bass and treble to taste. Bias all the way up and master a tiny bit higher than 50%. Use a high input impendance (the highest one) to get the right cut, or if that doesn't quite do it, lower the input impendance and add a Screamer in front of the amp model. Gate to taste.

Can someone tell me how i get a big metal tone in standard? Seems like i cant get good low end without it getting too muddy. I have a dimarzio crunch lab in the bridge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EricSVT18

Reaction score
Someone please enlighten me about the POD Studio UX2. Equipment like this is a whole new world for me and I really know nothing about it.

Zehailiu

Reaction score
Someone please enlighten me about the POD Studio UX2. Equipment like this is a whole new world for me and I really know nothing about it.

If there is a possibility that you may acqure a POD HD, then I would skip the studio UX2.
I had one, I don't think one can say it's necessary when you have the POD HD acting as an interface.

Hope that helps.

Chuck

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to both the HD500 and Reaper, so how do I connect the HD500 to Reaper so I can record with it, I have hooked to my computer via USB, but idk how to get it in Reaper

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Reaper needs to recognise the POD as the interface.

Thats all I can help with as I dont know Reaper THAT well.

Try in "Devices" or something like that.

fraxtal

Reaction score
Questions for those who use their POD HD Pro through a power amp. I've seen people turn off the cab sim, tried this but it sounds horrible , sounds awesome with the cab sim on. what am i missing here ? currently running the pod through a rocktron velocity into a marshall cab.

Shask

Reaction score
Questions for those who use their POD HD Pro through a power amp. I've seen people turn off the cab sim, tried this but it sounds horrible , sounds awesome with the cab sim on. what am i missing here ? currently running the pod through a rocktron velocity into a marshall cab.
Yeah, set it to no cab.

All I can say is you have to tweak your sound around that cab. To me, leaving it on makes it sound all muted, filtered, and dark.

fraxtal

Reaction score
you serious ? i have it set to Line same as recording and sounds crystal clear. even mates jammed with were impressed

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
you serious ? i have it set to Line same as recording and sounds crystal clear. even mates jammed with were impressed

Maybe you just like the tone of the simulation and your cab combined.

For starters, make sure you use the full model, not the pre-only. As well as make sure that your output is set to power amp.

If your still liking the sound with cab sims on better, then it's just you, so feel free to stick with it. Good tone is in the ears of the one playing.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
If anyone is still looking for the way to reamp on their hd500, feel free to message me or ask me to post it here. I just reamped some tracks for the feared mixing competition and it worked perfectly :)

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
If anyone is still looking for the way to reamp on their hd500, feel free to message me or ask me to post it here. I just reamped some tracks for the feared mixing competition and it worked perfectly :)

spilled+the+beans.jpg