This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Lol sorry, I wasn't sure if it had been explained. I missed about 10 pages when I was in Mexico!

Here you go:

Re-Amping on HD500

-Launch your DAW.
-Assign your POD HD500 as the audio device/driver.
-Create a track.
-Start using a blank patch, so that you can record your guitar clean.
-Connect your guitar to the Guitar Input.
-Record your guitar part.
-Disarm the record enable on this track once you are done recording.
-Create another track with the same input, but mute it, but record enable it.
-On the HD500, using a instrument cable, connect the L MONO out to the guitar input.
-Configure your tone, or bring up a patch.
-Launch the Line 6 Audio-MIDI devices menu, and under the inputs & recording tab please decrease the hardware monitor level all the way.
-After you are happy with your tone, press record.

The key thing is that you have to open your line6 audio-midi settings (located in your control panel) and turn your hardware monitor level all the way down. You won't be able to hear anything but the DI track until you press play and listen to it though.

Hope that helps! It worked great for me!

spadz93

Reaction score
Lol sorry, I wasn't sure if it had been explained. I missed about 10 pages when I was in Mexico!

Here you go:

Re-Amping on HD500

-Launch your DAW.
-Assign your POD HD500 as the audio device/driver.
-Create a track.
-Start using a blank patch, so that you can record your guitar clean.
-Connect your guitar to the Guitar Input.
-Record your guitar part.
-Disarm the record enable on this track once you are done recording.
-Create another track with the same input, but mute it, but record enable it.
-On the HD500, using a instrument cable, connect the L MONO out to the guitar input.
-Configure your tone, or bring up a patch.
-Launch the Line 6 Audio-MIDI devices menu, and under the inputs & recording tab please decrease the hardware monitor level all the way.
-After you are happy with your tone, press record.

The key thing is that you have to open your line6 audio-midi settings (located in your control panel) and turn your hardware monitor level all the way down. You won't be able to hear anything but the DI track until you press play and listen to it though.

Hope that helps! It worked great for me!

wow... thats a solid idea right there :hbang:

Alex6534

Reaction score
Has anyone got some good fender patches? After one that's sparkly clean and a good one that's cranked with stacked od's, trying myself but through headphones mine sounds shite :lol:

jeleopard

Reaction score
So. I'm a little upset. I got my POD HD500 and been using it nonstop since I've been able to use it (Thursday :p) and I can't, for the life of me, get a good metal tone. I can get good cleans, but all the metal tones sound like POD Farm. I'm running it into my laptop via USB and into Logic and using headphones (Sennheiser HD280s).

I'm really bothered by the sound quality. :\ I kept hearing how good this thing was supposed to be, and I hear other people's sound good, but how do I get it to sound that good?

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
So. I'm a little upset. I got my POD HD500 and been using it nonstop since I've been able to use it (Thursday :p) and I can't, for the life of me, get a good metal tone. I can get good cleans, but all the metal tones sound like POD Farm. I'm running it into my laptop via USB and into Logic and using headphones (Sennheiser HD280s).

I'm really bothered by the sound quality. :\ I kept hearing how good this thing was supposed to be, and I hear other people's sound good, but how do I get it to sound that good?

Depends on what you're doing as far tweaking? How deep into the editing are you getting? For me, I got my best straight results by tweaking the cabinet and power amp sim parameters more than the preEQ settings.

Best straight results will likely come from turning off cab sim altogether and running the Pre models into LeCab (or another impulse loader).

Also good idea to mess with dual amp modes.

What kind of sounds are you going for?

jeleopard

Reaction score
Depends on what you're doing as far tweaking? How deep into the editing are you getting? For me, I got my best straight results by tweaking the cabinet and power amp sim parameters more than the preEQ settings.

Best straight results will likely come from turning off cab sim altogether and running the Pre models into LeCab (or another impulse loader).

I really want kind of a "soft" distortion (think Devin Townsend Project-esque, specifically the Addicted! album) and a death metal distortion (like Obscura).

I know nothing about Cab models or whatever :x

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
I really want kind of a "soft" distortion (think Devin Townsend Project-esque, specifically the Addicted! album) and a death metal distortion (like Obscura).

I know nothing about Cab models or whatever :x

Well, the softer clip models can really come from any of the higain models running the gain pretty low (35-50% territory) or even use the med-gain models with a tubescreamer or tube driver model in front.

Death Metal, either the Engl or Epic amp will do just fine, or even one of the clean amps with classic distortion boosted by the colour driver.

You really need to do your tweaking on the unit itself, using the Pod HD Edit program to get to the deep-level tweaking.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

I posted a link to all my patches at the bottom of page 177. You don't have to use them, but seeing other "good" patches can help you figure out what you need to do to your own.

Here's them in action RickyCigs's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world

michael777

Livewire Guitars,LLC
Reaction score
Just ordered my Pod HD500 yesterday!!!
I was looking at those patch bundles on the bay and was wondering if they are worth it or not. Maybe it's just a bunch of presets that someone just threw together, maybe it's not? I was thinking if I just spent some time on the unit I could just dial in more appropriate ones myself. Has anyone purchased those?

Chuck

Reaction score
I wouldn't buy any patch downloads or presets, but that's just me

Also, yeah I've had my HD500 since Tuesday and my Alto TS112a since Thursday, and damn does the setup ever rule

Thrashman

Got Groove?
Reaction score
Somehow still surprised that Line6 hasn't put out any more bass amp models.

Even more surprised over the fact that they haven't put out any bass stomps yet. Especially a distortion box.

Shask

Reaction score

I would say the headphones aren't helping either. I dunno, I have never liked any guitar tone through headphones.

sevenstringj

Banned
Reaction score
Just ordered my Pod HD500 yesterday!!!
I was looking at those patch bundles on the bay and was wondering if they are worth it or not. Maybe it's just a bunch of presets that someone just threw together, maybe it's not? I was thinking if I just spent some time on the unit I could just dial in more appropriate ones myself. Has anyone purchased those?

Buy stuff that's free because...? I don't get it. The time it takes to scroll through 9,000 presets on your HD500 to find the few you're interested in is the same time, perhaps LESS time, it'd take to do a search on customtone. Am I missing something here?

timbucktu123

Reaction score
im getting really bad feedback with my live settings.

im running my hd pro through the power amp of a fender hot rod deluxe and i get this squealing but its only at high volumes i can live with it because when i turn my volume off(on the guitar) it stops

anything i can do?

Shask

Reaction score
im getting really bad feedback with my live settings.

im running my hd pro through the power amp of a fender hot rod deluxe and i get this squealing but its only at high volumes i can live with it because when i turn my volume off(on the guitar) it stops

anything i can do?

Turn the gain down. Turn the noise gate up.