This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
congrats on the spawn. i'm trying to do everything in my power to make sure mine is right-handed so I don't have to end up buying him new axes.

i don't think you can legally "share" copyrighted IRs. But of course you were joking! April Fools!!! HAHAH :p :-/

don't tell me you started ANOTHER axe past the V! Are you STILL married? lolz

Thanks everyone! And even though its a girl, I'm gonna make sure she's just as metal as her parents!

And yes, another one since the V. I made a huge sacrifice and moved to my wife's hometown for her, so another guitar became fair lol. However, I don't work at a wood shop anymore, so I have to buy a few tools before I can start the build. This one will be an all walnut super strat with an RG body shape and reverse esp headstock (same as my V) oh, and an ebony fretboard.

Speaking of my V, I reshaped the neck recently so it's absolutely killer now :)

meambobbo

Reaction score
Does anyone know why only the dep settings wouldnt be saving correctly? It just started doing this out of nowhere

never personally had that happen, but I've noticed my fair share of screwy things happen when editing on my computer using HD Edit. Usually I end up with weird DSP errors when I shouldn't have them. In HD Edit, I'll have an empty effect block but if I put the Pod editor cursor over the same block on the Pod itself, it shows an effect with "DSP Over".

I would unplug the USB and close HD Edit, scroll through the patch and make sure it looks correct on the Pod itself, change the amp model to a different model, save, change it back to the model you want, save, then reattach USB, wait for the comp to recognize the Pod, reopen HD Edit and start tweaking again.

It could also be a corrupted firmware. It happens. If you notice strange issues frequently, you may want to use Monkey to revert to a prior firmware then re-upgrade. Always remember to reset/delete patches when upgrading firmware to avoid upgrade issues. You can save them to a setlist file first.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
I would like to hook up the HD Pro to my Spider Valve MKII head at practice tomorrow. Which way is the best to do this? I'm going to presume that power-amp in = return and preamp out = send.

I see on Meambobbo's/your (depending on who sees it first lol) site this:
Guitar > [external effects >] Pod guitar in
[Pod effects loop out > external effects > Pod effects loop return]
Pod unbalanced out > [external effects >] Amp effects loop return (power amp in)

I have no external effects, so would that basically make it like this?
guitar --> pod guitar in --> pod unbalanced out --> amp fx loop return (power amp in) ??

Am I correct in presuming that the Pod loop out to external fx back to pod loop in can be skipped due to no external fx?

Soz...my brain hurts

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
I have something really weird going on... When I power up my HD500, it will send signal to my monitor for a brief second, and it stops. I'm wondering what in the world is going on as I still can record via usb and whatnot

meambobbo

Reaction score
I would like to hook up the HD Pro to my Spider Valve MKII head at practice tomorrow. Which way is the best to do this? I'm going to presume that power-amp in = return and preamp out = send.

I see on Meambobbo's/your (depending on who sees it first lol) site this:
Guitar > [external effects >] Pod guitar in
[Pod effects loop out > external effects > Pod effects loop return]
Pod unbalanced out > [external effects >] Amp effects loop return (power amp in)

I have no external effects, so would that basically make it like this?
guitar --> pod guitar in --> pod unbalanced out --> amp fx loop return (power amp in) ??

Am I correct in presuming that the Pod loop out to external fx back to pod loop in can be skipped due to no external fx?

Soz...my brain hurts

Yeah, you got it. On my Spider Valve Mk I, running the MASTER knob at full causes the loop return on the Spider to distort a little, so I had to back off. Worth keeping in mind.

You could also do a 4CM and sometimes use the Spider's amp models if you were so inclined. It'd be a bit more versatile that way, but more cables and gain staging to deal with.

meambobbo

Reaction score
I have something really weird going on... When I power up my HD500, it will send signal to my monitor for a brief second, and it stops. I'm wondering what in the world is going on as I still can record via usb and whatnot

very weird. what about headphones? you tried the 1/4" as well as the XLR's? tried turning the MASTER knob back and forth a whole bunch?

XxStatiX

The Aura
Reaction score
Guys,i love my HD Bean!

Butdoes the FBV Express MkI work with it?
Or only MKII and shortboard? :nuts:

Nemonic

Reaction score
To all of you using Screamer - try Q-Filter instead with setting made by RickyCigs few pages ago. I really like watching what he and Bobbo is capable of.

I tried Bobbo's Meshuggah patch again, i tried it with only one cab - Hiway. It is still good, a lot thinner, but I think it will sound good in the mix. I have never been thinking about turning the resonance level all the way down, that knob actually makes a huge difference.

Thank you!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
To all of you using Screamer - try Q-Filter instead with setting made by RickyCigs few pages ago. I really like watching what he and Bobbo is capable of.

I tried Bobbo's Meshuggah patch again, i tried it with only one cab - Hiway. It is still good, a lot thinner, but I think it will sound good in the mix. I have never been thinking about turning the resonance level all the way down, that knob actually makes a huge difference.

Thank you!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3782113/Meshnuggle.h5e try this. Adjust gates and gain based on the output of your pickups though, of course.

meambobbo

Reaction score
my available shuggah patches are old and poopy. my new ones drop massive dumpage all over the old ones. i will post tonight.

chaosphere patch now uses Screamer + Q Filter (maybe a high pass too). And I dumped the double Uber cabs - stick to my usual Treadplate 57/Uber 121 combo.

obzen patch now uses Uber amp - saturated and smooth chunk more like the Pod XT Big Bottom than a Recto. Q Filter for tightness and better EQ.

koloss patch sounds more like the album. Q filter, better compression and EQ settings.

meambobbo

Reaction score
Is it a huge no no to use a little delay on the rhythm track? I did for this one and It sounds pretty good to me.
I don't like the way it sounds, but it's a common trick to get an almost double-tracked sound. Petrucci does it for his live tone, so you can't say it's only for noobs!

Snout

Reaction score
I have 2 old spider3-150s. both of the amps are blown.

I intend to fit the four 12" into a home built cabinet with a built in power-amp to run my hd500 through.

If I pair the speakers and run them in parallel and connect them to a 2 channel power amp, what is the maximum power I could run them to at 4 ohms a channel?
(so I don't get too powerful an amp and blow my cones)

cheers folks

Nemonic

Reaction score
my available shuggah patches are old and poopy. my new ones drop massive dumpage all over the old ones. i will post tonight.

chaosphere patch now uses Screamer + Q Filter (maybe a high pass too). And I dumped the double Uber cabs - stick to my usual Treadplate 57/Uber 121 combo.

obzen patch now uses Uber amp - saturated and smooth chunk more like the Pod XT Big Bottom than a Recto. Q Filter for tightness and better EQ.

koloss patch sounds more like the album. Q filter, better compression and EQ settings.
This makes me horny.
Speaking about Meshuggah, I am a bit ill at the moment, and today I walked to the kitchen while my cough caught me, and I caught the intro from Stengah. It even felt like it was in tke same key.

[/QUOTE]surfthealien The Q filter really does wonders! I use it with a screamer and mid focus on my main patch now. Here is my latest. Is it a huge no no to use a little delay on the rhythm track? I did for this one and It sounds pretty good to me.

https://soundcloud.com/surfthealien/silver-bullet[/QUOTE]
I sometimes use it. Depends on what you want to use it for. It is not good for recording, because you can track guitars twice.
The only purpose might be for simulating live tone. Try to pan the tone hard, choose the cab that suits all your needs best, then add two delays to each of the splitted post amp signal. One of them with 0% mix, the other one with 100% mix and 20 ms delay, no feedback. It actually makes it impossible to make a dual cab setup, because you would hear "the top end" from one and "the low end" from the other speaker.
I am trying to make a live tone that sounds like processed studio tone. What do I need? I am sure about EQ to find fizzy spots, what about compressor?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I have 2 old spider3-150s. both of the amps are blown.

I intend to fit the four 12" into a home built cabinet with a built in power-amp to run my hd500 through.

If I pair the speakers and run them in parallel and connect them to a 2 channel power amp, what is the maximum power I could run them to at 4 ohms a channel?
(so I don't get too powerful an amp and blow my cones)

cheers folks

It depends on the wattage of the speakers. General rule is take the lowest wattage and times it by the number of speakers. So if you were running two 30watt speakers and two 60 watts, you would take 30x4.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
This makes me horny.
Speaking about Meshuggah, I am a bit ill at the moment, and today I walked to the kitchen while my cough caught me, and I caught the intro from Stengah. It even felt like it was in tke same key.
surfthealien The Q filter really does wonders! I use it with a screamer and mid focus on my main patch now. Here is my latest. Is it a huge no no to use a little delay on the rhythm track? I did for this one and It sounds pretty good to me.

https://soundcloud.com/surfthealien/silver-bullet[/QUOTE]
I sometimes use it. Depends on what you want to use it for. It is not good for recording, because you can track guitars twice.
The only purpose might be for simulating live tone. Try to pan the tone hard, choose the cab that suits all your needs best, then add two delays to each of the splitted post amp signal. One of them with 0% mix, the other one with 100% mix and 20 ms delay, no feedback. It actually makes it impossible to make a dual cab setup, because you would hear "the top end" from one and "the low end" from the other speaker.
I am trying to make a live tone that sounds like processed studio tone. What do I need? I am sure about EQ to find fizzy spots, what about compressor?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the pod already sound like a processed studio tone? I don't ever do any processing post-pod anymore now that I've been able to match everything I did on the unit itself.

Edit: you must have done something wacky with your quote because it messed it up even when I quoted your quote lol

surfthealien

Reaction score
Yeah dude that quote looks jacked up. Thanks for the tips. I do always double track everthing I do. To me that is huge in getting a good sound I can't really explain why but It seems to just add something maybe because its the same but at the same time slightly different.