RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like you guys are in luck. I have over 2000 views on my YouTube channel now. I'll make a new one tonight. Possibly a Mesa tone. I need one that's up to par with my other ones. I've not got a Mesa tone that's appealed to me as much as my others.

Here's another deal, I'll make 1 more for every hundred views I get. At 2500 views I'll upload a setlist!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebunfather

Custom Monkey
Reaction score
Isn't that a bass cab though? It will sound like shit running a guitar through it. Bass speakers have a different frequency response.

I would suggest an actual guitar cab, or to use keyboard speakers. Keyboard speakers are more of an FRFR setup so you can use cab modeling with them.

I used to run my 5150II through an Ampeg SVT 810. It sounded insanely good for drop tuned stacatto stuff. A little sterile for the leads, but for rhythms, I wouldn't hesitate to use one again.

infreaks

Reaction score
Hi,

after searching around for tom quayle lead fusion patch, i found this guy Suhermanto Harsono from Indonesia that use POD HD500, you can watch the video here

i asked him to share his patch and he emailed me, i uploaded his patch here :
http://line6.com/customtone/profile/donnykbs/

This tom quayle fusion patch made by Suhermanto Harsono - a great fusion player from indonesia. You can find more info about him here Suhermanto Harsono - YouTube
subscribe to his channel if you like his playing, cheers :)

The thing is, after i tried his patch on my ibanez rg 5000 with dimarzio steve's special pickup on the bridge, air norton on the neck and ibanez v1 on the middle i can't nail the tone even after changing the parameter (maybe its because i dont have a fluid legato technique or can play fusion, LOL), maybe you can try this tone and post some fusion playing, i would really like to hear how this tone sounds from someone who can play a better fusion than me (surfthealien maybe...) :)

Kristianx510

Reaction score
I hope I don't get yelled at for this, but can someone explain SPDIF to me? What are the advantages/disadvantages to using it?

Reaction score
I hope I don't get yelled at for this, but can someone explain SPDIF to me? What are the advantages/disadvantages to using it?

It's digital meaning you don't have to make an analog to digital to analog to digital conversion when recording. It's better than USB if your interface can go to a latency as low as 64 samples, when the pod's ASIO drivers can go to 128 samples only.

Reaction score
ok my faithful followers and cork sniffing tone lovers! i have a treat for you.

introducing the Mesa Dual Ricktifier Patch!
http://line6.com/customtone/tone/225000/

and heres a little ditty i came up with while tweaking. (the lead part is a Bulb Lead patch, but the rhythm is mine)
https://soundcloud.com/rickycigs/egocentric-predicament-sample

That is EXACTLY the tone I have been looking for! (That will sound excellent to complement my existing patch and use as my second rhythm guitar's tone! HELL YEAH RICK!)

Quick question: did you add any post-editting in here? EQ, compression, etc.?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
That is EXACTLY the tone I have been looking for! (That will sound excellent to complement my existing patch and use as my second rhythm guitar's tone! HELL YEAH RICK!)

Quick question: did you add any post-editting in here? EQ, compression, etc.?

haha glad you like it! and no, zero post editing. i even went outside my comfort zone on the patch and used the 67 condenser. i compared it to my favorite (409dyn) and this one sat in the mix way better.

the key to this tone is the bias and bias x levels. i found they effected the tone way more with the master raised. which makes sense lol

edit: forgot to mention that this tone with the 409dyn mic as the second track mixes beautifully. the sample is just with the tone i posted though.

infreaks

Reaction score
ok my faithful followers and cork sniffing tone lovers! i have a treat for you.

introducing the Mesa Dual Ricktifier Patch!
http://line6.com/customtone/tone/225000/

and heres a little ditty i came up with while tweaking. (the lead part is a Bulb Lead patch, but the rhythm is mine)
https://soundcloud.com/rickycigs/egocentric-predicament-sample

sounds huge and crushing, downloading it and will give it a shot tonight :shred:
interesting to see that you didnt use dual cab method :D

did you double or quad track ?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
It's just one left and one right :) thanks guys!

And no, I usually don't use the dual cab method. It saves a lot on dsp and I only record so every track I do is at least double tracked. That way I can add in whatever its missing if I need to. If I played live with a band I would probably use my dual cab patches more often to cut through the live mix.

I think my favorite thing about the patch is the name though lol

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
I really enjoy the current tone I've dialed it but it could always be better!
Obviously it isnt going to give me quite as many options as the HD500, but I'm pretty keen to get a Fear Factory/Dino Cazeras esque tone on my HD300.

I dont expect anyone to know exactly what to dial in, but maybe some particular head/cab/effects combos I could try?

Using a Schecter C7 in A standard

Thanks for any help!

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I really enjoy the current tone I've dialed it but it could always be better!
Obviously it isnt going to give me quite as many options as the HD500, but I'm pretty keen to get a Fear Factory/Dino Cazeras esque tone on my HD300.

I dont expect anyone to know exactly what to dial in, but maybe some particular head/cab/effects combos I could try?

Using a Schecter C7 in A standard

Thanks for any help!

Q filter into Mesa with xxl cab and 409 mic. Try to get a tube compressor in there if you can.

Try the q filter settings:
Freq: 60%
Q:0%
Gain 5%
Type:BP
Mix: 45%

fadjar_rama

fadjar_rama
Reaction score
hay guys!!
check out my new song,i use pod hd300 with lil bit post processing (HPF+LPF+Multiband Compressor)

thanks a lot!!

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
So I'm still working on saving up for my HD Pro (just sold my amp on the Bay to get some money towards it, plus payday this week means I should take a nice step closer.) Now I just made the mistake of looking up Eleven Racks on eBay. Much cheaper than I expected. :ugh:

Still, I must persevere. I feel like the HD would be superior to me, and now the 11R along with an HD Bean have tempted me to get something sooner cuz they're cheaper. But I don't wanna settle for something else when I know I really want the Pro, so money-saving be damned I will wait. :D

feilong29

Reaction score
So I'm still working on saving up for my HD Pro (just sold my amp on the Bay to get some money towards it, plus payday this week means I should take a nice step closer.) Now I just made the mistake of looking up Eleven Racks on eBay. Much cheaper than I expected. :ugh:

Still, I must persevere. I feel like the HD would be superior to me, and now the 11R along with an HD Bean have tempted me to get something sooner cuz they're cheaper. But I don't wanna settle for something else when I know I really want the Pro, so money-saving be damned I will wait. :D

Be Patient!!! The thing about the 11R is that there aren't doing anymore firmware/upgrades to it... so that's why it's cheap. The HD Bean is cool if you are on the go, but if you want to have multiple outputs and such, then get the HD500 (which can be gotten new along with other accessories for the price or less than an HD Pro). I love my HD500; in fact, I had one, got rid of it to join the Axe Fx bandwagon, and recently sold the Axe Fx to get the HD 500 again :D