JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Be Patient!!! The thing about the 11R is that there aren't doing anymore firmware/upgrades to it... so that's why it's cheap. The HD Bean is cool if you are on the go, but if you want to have multiple outputs and such, then get the HD500 (which can be gotten new along with other accessories for the price or less than an HD Pro). I love my HD500; in fact, I had one, got rid of it to join the Axe Fx bandwagon, and recently sold the Axe Fx to get the HD 500 again :D

Thanks for the support dude. :D I think I'd like the HD500, but I think eventually instead I'll get an FBV MkII or a Shortboard. Being able to build a nice, clean rack setup has just really been appealing to my OCD-ness.

Don't wanna get off-topic, but I actually didn't know they weren't doing anymore updates on the 11R, thought it was just the GSP1101 that was no longer being supported. :spock:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feilong29

Reaction score
Thanks for the support dude. :D I think I'd like the HD500, but I think eventually instead I'll get an FBV MkII or a Shortboard. Being able to build a nice, clean rack setup has just really been appealing to my OCD-ness.

Don't wanna get off-topic, but I actually didn't know they weren't doing anymore updates on the 11R, thought it was just the GSP1101 that was no longer being supported. :spock:

I can't recall where I saw that at, but it was a big deal for a lot of people! I think the HD is going places! But I hear you about wanting to build a clean rack; go for it!

On a different subject; I have hooked up my HD500 to my monitors and I have NO output at all using the XLR feature. I am going to try the 1/4" outputs and see if that works. Hopefully :/

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I can't recall where I saw that at, but it was a big deal for a lot of people! I think the HD is going places! But I hear you about wanting to build a clean rack; go for it!

On a different subject; I have hooked up my HD500 to my monitors and I have NO output at all using the XLR feature. I am going to try the 1/4" outputs and see if that works. Hopefully :/

Not sure why it would do that, but the 1/4"s are much louder anyway.

feilong29

Reaction score
Not sure why it would do that, but the 1/4"s are much louder anyway.

Ya, no reason why they should work :/ worked just fine when I had my Axe Fx... oh well, 1/4" it is! Thanks RickyCigs! Also, I want that patch you made for the Feared Album!!!!

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Ya, no reason why they should work :/ worked just fine when I had my Axe Fx... oh well, 1/4" it is! Thanks RickyCigs! Also, I want that patch you made for the Feared Album!!!!

The link is in my sig ;) my customtone page has all the tones I've posted here.

feilong29

Reaction score
The link is in my sig ;) my customtone page has all the tones I've posted here.

OH! Guess I need to pay more attention next time! Pretty downloaded all of them! Gonna maybe upload a few of mine if I get any positive feedback :D thanks brother!

Romeg

Reaction score
Line 6 is thought to rest on our laurels but will be punished by other manufacturers.
It's time to say goodbye to the Line 6 pod. Instead of doing a good sound, they make a beautiful light bulbs, these bulbs beautifully highlight their funeral.
Sounds better? - No!
Can load IRs? - No!
More flexible in the settings? - Why bicycle wheel from Camaro?!))))))
Suitable for home recording? -No!
Can do reamping on USB or coaxial? - No!

Just the facts and nothing personal.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Line 6 is thought to rest on our laurels but will be punished by other manufacturers.
It's time to say goodbye to the Line 6 pod. Instead of doing a good sound, they make a beautiful light bulbs, these bulbs beautifully highlight their funeral.
Sounds better? - No!
Can load IRs? - No!

Thats it i'm selling my Pod :rolleyes:

Bike wheel from Camaro??? :scratch:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Sounds better? - No!
Can load IRs? - No!

Why are you still here?

Reaction score
Sounds better? - No!
Can load IRs? - No!

A couple of things wrong:

Suitable for home recording? Yes...that's why the POD got famous!
Can do reamping on USB or coaxial? Don't know about USB because I never use it, but hellyeah it can do reamping over S/PDIF (If that's what you meant by coaxial). You just have to read the Manual....

As for the criticism, I haven't checked out that video yet, but as many here I agree that's a wrong move by Line 6 to present the HD500X as something new when in fact it only brings more DSP power. At this point, I don't know if Line 6 is taking us for fools, or if it's been that since X3. I remember I passed on an X3 because the HD series had just come out, so I figured I'd wait for something way better. I also think that Line 6 perhaps had already designed the HD500X before even releasing the HD series, but decided to release them with less DSP power so 3 years later they could bring out this "improvement".

I'm not against the HD500 because it's still a great processor, at least what my wallet allows me. I'm not disrespectful as some people here to the gear that gives me good sound live and in studio, and the possibility to make quality music. If I ever get to buy something better, so it will, but so far I've been comfortable with what the HD500 gives me and what I paid for it.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Ever heard of an iPhone?

They release a new one EVERY year with only minor changes like more processing power and they sell billions of them.

I used to hate line6 and then after hearing the HD series I have them another chance. A year later I still love my hd500 just as much as the day I bought it if not more.

Do I wish that it could load ir's? Yes. But that presents another problem for me. When I use impulses on my computer for recording, I ALWAYS mix more than one together. That would put me back to needing dual amp patches.

The hd500 has allowed me to fit all my gear into a small space, get recorded tones a million times better than I could get with a mic and an engl powerball, given me the ability to reamp, supplied me with an interface so that I could sell mine and provided me with an amp that doesn't shake my windows and is appropriate for having a newborn baby in the house.

And all this for $500. Until fractal and kemper can do the same, or even close, line 6 will have customers. I had considered getting a kemper. But having to buy another interface or use my pod as one seemed a bit foolish.

All that being said, if you don't like the upgrades that line 6 has made, you don't have to buy the new unit. They'll be just fine without your money. Feel free to go out and buy something else that loads ir's because line 6 gets paid from that too.

japs5607

Reaction score
Owning a HD Pro. I'm curious as to what they do for that. Not even owned it a year yet. Really pleased with it. But it would be nice to see a firmware upgrade

Reaction score
Owning a HD Pro. I'm curious as to what they do for that. Not even owned it a year yet. Really pleased with it. But it would be nice to see a firmware upgrade

Are you sure you have the latest firmware? I found out at the end of last year that there was a firmware update, lol. I think it hasn't been a year since I have it either, but mine came with an outdated firmware.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score

Agreed - i've only had mine a month or two and am already jonesing for an update. In the meantime, i continue to tweak my patches to get them better.

One thing im noticing is that even using the pod, my tone is different cranked up in a band setting (using a velocity power amp). I really have to back my gain way down to get a good live sound, much the same as i would do on a real tube amp. After each gig, i seem to be editing my patches for less gain or turning off boosting to get it more natural/amp like - Not a complaint mind you, just an observation.

AlexJPA

Reaction score
As far as we know this is only the hd500x. My guess is that they're going to improve the HD Pro X with reamping (although we can do that now) and other stuff.