Reaction score
any specific recomendation? preferably on budget (around 100-150)
thanks again :)

One of the "get to go" interfaces is the M-Audio 2496. It's been manufactured for over a decade I guess because is cheap, drivers are way compatible, and it's a good interface. Mind that the interfaces that have the lowest latency possible are PCI (or PCIe I guess, but I haven't tried them yet) because USB/Firewire interfaces can't go that low. The good thing is that the 2496 has S/PDIF input/output, so you can use it with your HD500 or HD Pro. The HD500 ASIO drivers aren't that bad either. While they can go as low as 128 samples (A bit more than 2 ms), the 2496 can go as low as 64 samples (about 1.5 ms). Still, if the POD's ASIO driver has "direct monitoring" and reports latency accurately, it shouldn't be a problem how much latency you have. The 2496 has "direct monitoring" and I use it that way.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
The 2496 is a good card. I used one for like 10 years and recently shelved it because the computer overall needed replaced. Never had a problem with it. I would still use it now, but I upgraded to a laptop and have to use USB.

jmeezle

Reaction score
I have some ideas already. Definitely a very raw tone. My wife and daughter are sleeping right now, so I may have a chance to tweak lol

Awesome! I have no idea how to tone match, which is why I always pop in this thread with requests. Even if I did you'd probably be way better than me anyway.

:bowdown:

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
YES!

Jesus, you're the man. What cab did you use and if you were to bypass the hd500 cab what Redwirez IR would you try?

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/225063/

not sure which redwirez to use. the mic choice played a very important role in this tone. you'll have to just experiment. hes using a marshall cab in the video so i would say start with the bogner g12t-75 and maybe the sm57. then just try different mics. anything thats 2" distance and cap edge should work fairly well.

also, ive hit 2100 plays on my youtube, so this will be my tone for the hundred. at 2200 views ill make another one. possibly ola's engl retrotube? ;)

jmeezle

Reaction score

not sure which redwirez to use. the mic choice played a very important role in this tone. you'll have to just experiment. hes using a marshall cab in the video so i would say start with the bogner g12t-75 and maybe the sm57. then just try different mics. anything thats 2" distance and cap edge should work fairly well.

also, ive hit 2100 plays on my youtube, so this will be my tone for the hundred. at 2200 views ill make another one. possibly ola's engl retrotube? ;)

Can't wait to record a demo with this. Thanks again man, much appreciated!

Reaction score

Dude, you just tone-matched a DAR FUTURE BREED MACHINE! Not bad! ;D

Anyway, I might tweak this patch. Leave the mic (just pull it back and add more room) adjust the bias and sag, then add a bit more treble. And I think this could be a new main patch for me!

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
No problem! Thanks guys!

Feel free to tweak whatever you like. I can't have everybody using identical tones to me lol.

One thing I discovered is that if you turn the frequency on the Q filter to 100% it really gives you that twangy metallic string tone that is dominant in ola's tone/music.

jmeezle

Reaction score
Dude, you just tone-matched a DAR FUTURE BREED MACHINE! Not bad! ;D

Anyway, I might tweak this patch. Leave the mic (just pull it back and add more room) adjust the bias and sag, then add a bit more treble. And I think this could be a new main patch for me!

I was thinking the same thing... if/when you do would you mind sharing?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
In the future I will be asking for a favor in return for tone matching. The favor being: share my music! In the months that my album has released, I've gotten feedback from about two or three people. I'm also really trying to promote my YouTube channel and hopefully get inspired to do more videos.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing... if/when you do would you mind sharing?

Just try raising the presence knob a little. When you use this tone with redwirez, it will be a lot brighter. When you add a second track, it will be even brighter still. The bias where it is played a big role in the tone as well as the mic choice. Just be prepared for it to change drastically ;)

jmeezle

Reaction score
In the future I will be asking for a favor in return for tone matching. The favor being: share my music! In the months that my album has released, I've gotten feedback from about two or three people. I'm also really trying to promote my YouTube channel and hopefully get inspired to do more videos.

I'd be more than happy to man!

TallestFiddle

Reaction score
If you're comparing your soundcloud link with that video they're night and day in my opinion.

lol, i read that from my phone and i didn't see the video linked, so i thought you were talking about my post. Ya obviously my tone doesn't sound like that lmao.

CD1221

Reaction score
hey guys, I have a request for anyone with decent ears.

How do I get close to these tones from Coroner's Grin? (from way back before some of you were probably born...)

I am after the main rhythm sound, and also the solo tones (solo from 3:04 to 4:08). This is one of my favourite solos of all time, particularly the tapped arpeggios from 3:53. Remember this was from 1993....

also chasing the tones from the earlier 1991 album, Mental Vortex:

also a godly solo in this one, Tommy Vertelli is a genius. fluid, lyrical solos, insanely crushing riffs.

Not even sure what amps to start with...

beyondtheepilogue

Booger Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently got a Pod HD Pro, and I absolutely love what it has done for my music. My guitars finally have the layering and depth I've always wanted from them. I was hugely disappointed that there is only one bass amp mod, but I managed to get a pretty sweet sounding bass out of the device.

However, and I'm noticing this more with clean patches, I'm hearing lots of clipping during hard strums. This happens with active as well as passive pickups, the pad button on or off, and after everything in the signal chain has been examined and adjusted. The clipping still persists. Does this happen for anyone else? How might I fix this?